• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile Ads

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • There are a lot of ads out there, and of course, when on mobile apps, they'll appear. What are mobile ads you seem to get a lot? (Unless mobile adblock exists)? I am always getting ads for this stupid game when I watch videos to get stamina back in Obey Me.

Sometimes, when I play Revue Starlight, I get ads for Arknights, which annoys me a lot. But, eh, what can you do?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Not gonna lie, I clicked the link and was 90% expecting RAID SHADOW LEGENDS, but I'm sad to say as much as I love Arknights, their ads are certainly cringey.

Personally, I tend to avoid games that have third-party ads in them; it just screams tacky and 2010 to me. It's a double-edged blade of course, as these games have to make their money somehow, and what better way to do that than shove micro transactions in every aspect of the game? Other than that, I don't really encounter too many ads on my mobile except maybe when I visit certain news sites, which very conveniently seem to be about a deal or a special for whatever item I was looking at last in Amazon 🙃

Of course, this post was sponsored by RAID SHADOW LEGENDS OUT NOW ON ANDROID AND IOS!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I get everything and they're just annoying especially when they take up half your screen or pop up when you're reading something.

Years
  • aha yeah.. arknights' advertising for the international/western market is poor, they pay youtubers to make videos on their game and really push the ads when people browse. good example of advertising no one likes yet companies pay for anyway is the video where arknights paid popular youtuber Did You Know Gaming? to make a video on just their game. it had no did you know facts like they usually do - was just backstory/game explanations read off a script. more dislikes than likes as expected. :( meanwhile japan gets the good advertisements, like giant billboards across the country. it's cool! that said i have this game downloaded (only played a bit though) and have heard from everyone who plays it's actually very good, and one of the least p2w games out there. so please don't let their bad marketing tactics put you off!

but yeah, for me, i just suffer through the ads on mobile lol. the absolute worst thing are ads during workout youtube videos. like, i'm following a timer, why are ads there even allowed?! it breaks my time and i have to go up to the screen to click to skip the ad after 5 seconds, otherwise it'd have to suffer through 15-30+ seconds of it!!

Years
    • Seen today
    Some mobile apps bother me with this to such a degree I'll cut my wifi off before playing a game.

Geometry Dash is a good example...it was giving me a video add with what felt like every 20 seconds. To be fair it was the "lite" version but it felt like they were punishing me for it by barraging me with adds.

Years
  • I mean, iOS at least supports adblockers. And Android is flexible enough to allow you to blacklist their domains at a system level.

So nothing's stopping you (besides adblock detection)!

Mobile ads and well, modern-day web ads, have been allowed to become incredibly obnoxious. Full screen modals and those terrible floating ones. Like, get the hell away.

Back