• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are there any pokémon you find forgettable?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • most of gen 2 and 8, for very different reasons. gen 2 has a lot of great pokemon and in fact is my favourite gen for pokemon designs, but a lot of Pokemon like Donphan and Forretress that actually look kinda cool ended up totally forgettable to me. Not totally sure why. Also most of gen 8 is totally forgettable for a much easier reason.. generally pretty bad designs and Pokemon that look more like action figures.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Stantler (despite having a few childhood memories associated with it) and Karrablast are a couple that I recall "forgetting" before. Clobbopus was also kind of forgettable up until I found a Shiny one about a month ago, and I momentarily forgot about Dreepy's mid-stage.

EDIT: I hate to admit it, but Burmy and Mothim were also pretty forgettable up until Gen. VI when I first noticed how gorgeous Mothim's Shiny was. Now I adore both, Shiny or otherwise!

EDIT 2: Qwilfish and Carnivine are a couple more I tend to forget about.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I was doing one of those "name all the Pokemon" challenges a while back and I did it for the Hoenn Pokedex. I managed to get 200/202, 2 Pokemon in the early 100s were missing and I couldn't think of who I was missing for like 15 minutes. In the end I forfeited and the 2 missing were Spoink and Grumpig. I didn't attempt doing it for other regions so I really wouldn't know if I forgot something else existed.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • While I typically remember a lot of Pokemon, I'm with Dakota that a lot of the Gen 2 and 8 Pokemon feels forgettable and when I watched a video, I actually forgot about Camerupt's existence.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    How can you answer this question when any Pokemon you list here is a Pokemon you havent forgotten about? Or did all of you made a list of all Pokemon you remembered, then compared your list to an official list and wrote down the missing Pokemon? I doubt it.

Years
  • I was looking through a list of baby Pokemon the other day, and remember being stumped as to where Budew came from. It's probably one of the least noteable baby Pokemon, and it's not like Roselia really needed a pre-evolution, so I guess that's why I forgot about it.

Years
  • I was looking through a list of baby Pokemon the other day, and remember being stumped as to where Budew came from. It's probably one of the least noteable baby Pokemon, and it's not like Roselia really needed a pre-evolution, so I guess that's why I forgot about it.

I find it forgettable too, quite a few sinnoh pre-evolutions/evolutions seemed unnecessary/forced to me. Budew in particular is one of them and it's definitely one of the least memorable babies. Training it to evolve is a nightmare too oof

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • heatmor, lumineon, carnivine, maractus, dunsparce, burmy line, bruxish, turtonator, all the sea urchin pokemon, gen 3+4 baby pokemon. yes i had to pull up serebii to look through the list of pokemon.

Back