• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you be going to the World Championships?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    It looks like it would be cool to see in person.

In seriousness, what do you guys think about TPC's rather last-minute announcement closing the Championships to the public? Talk about poor planning on their part.

In case you weren't aware: Clicky

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nope, no idea what it even is. I've heard of it, but idk what you have to do.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    Nope, no idea what it even is. I've heard of it, but idk what you have to do.

Worlds is a combined Video Game, TCG and Pokken Tournament battling tournament. The idea is you compete in a national tournament held somewhere in the country (Columbus, OH for US this year) and if you do well enough you're invited to Worlds.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Worlds is a combined Video Game, TCG and Pokken Tournament battling tournament. The idea is you compete in a national tournament held somewhere in the country (Columbus, OH for US this year) and if you do well enough you're invited to Worlds.
    Oh sounds interesting. Unfourtunatly, all my cards are from gen 5/4, and I have no legendaries. Also, I don't have any good in-game teams, and I don't have pokken tournament :p

Years
  • I never go to these events, even moreso with the terribly poor venue planning that caused this year's event to be closed off from the general public due to capacity concerns. Kind of a waste for what is Pokemon's 20th anniversary year, but hopefully next year's event will be better considering it will be the first Worlds event for 7th Gen.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • Me and 3 of my friends had been planning to go to Worlds for months, with flights and hotel arrangements booked far in advance. Now we're out lots of money for an event we can't even attend, and it's too late to get a refund.

Thanks for the advanced warning, TPCI.

But luckily San Francisco is an awesome city, and we're gonna have fun in spite of it.

Years
  • Me and 3 of my friends had been planning to go to Worlds for months, with flights and hotel arrangements booked far in advance. Now we're out lots of money for an event we can't even attend, and it's too late to get a refund.

But luckily San Francisco is an awesome city, and we're gonna have fun in spite of it.

Hi, I'm one of those friends. Yeah, it's disappointing about it being closed to the public as such a short notice. I'm sad about it (also glad its a free event and didnt pay anything to get in) since it's the 20th anniversary. Again, yeah like what Adore said; San Francisco is lovely on it's own - probably play Pokemon go as we explore the city. Try to make the most of what we can!​

Years

Hi, I'm one of those friends. Yeah, it's disappointing about it being closed to the public as such a short notice. I'm sad about it (also glad its a free event and didnt pay anything to get in) since it's the 20th anniversary. Again, yeah like what Adore said; San Francisco is lovely on it's own - probably play Pokemon go as we explore the city. Try to make the most of what we can!​

That sucks so much, I really feel for you both! Glad you can see the positive though and hopefully it'll still be a great trip with lots of new Pokémon for you to catch in GO!

I'm not going but really looking forward to the streams! ^^

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I live around the area, so I'm lucky that I don't have to cancel any flights or hotels. But I wish I could go, I was pretty excited to meet people, actually =/

Years
  • I live around the area, so I'm lucky that I don't have to cancel any flights or hotels. But I wish I could go, I was pretty excited to meet people, actually =/

That's just as sucky as the one time it comes to your area you can't attend!

Have any fan-run events/meet-ups been announced in the wake of this?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Does anybody know if there's going to be a Pokemon Center store or is it completely closed off? Wondering if I should really show up to buy things or not :p

Back