• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
ante edit: This thread has been reopened and purposed with discussion over confirmed information. Other threads in the section should only be used to discuss speculation, and speculation only. References to confirmed info is permitted but please don't focus your posts on that; use this thread instead! Off-topic posts do include posts speculative in nature so be wary that your posts are relevant to already revealed information.

Remember to stay on-topic and keep discussions that can fit into an already-existing thread there rather than here. Happy discussing! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So the thing we were all talking about in the previous trend. What should will you do ahead of the release of the games? How about their release? Should we as a community do any events like we did during Gen V's first year anniversary (the scavenger hunt and all that)? If so what should we do?

I jumped on the tournament idea suggested in the last trend.

Years
So people don't have to go back to the other thread, here were some of the ideas suggested:

Maybe we could have some character customization contest, where you try dressing your player up either as May or Brendan as best as possible? If you guys would like that, then I could go ahead and get it up, haha. I've been planning it for a while, but can't recall why I didn't proceed.

Maybe we can have an event where everyone trades an egg for another.

Something else I can think of is to have a tourney via Pokemon Showdown where only Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex (minus Ubers) can be used.

I'm all for the tournament and Egg Swap ideas (and would gladly host the latter if enough people are interested); a "30 Days of Hoenn/ORAS" would be cool to have, too~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Secret Base Twitter confirmation

Also, from BulbaNewsNOW Twitter, meet Aarune, "the Secret Base Expert, known for his Flygon".

BsEKEOgCYAALlw5.png

Last edited:

Years
Might the return of secret bases be the only thing that is going to be shown in this month's corocoro release? I hope it'll have more. Or elaborate on the new character's role in the story/game play.

Years
I'd definitely like to know more about Aarune, especially if he happens to be able to utilize Mega Evolution. (If he does, that means Mega Flygon's a thing unless he gets more team members for later battles (if those even happen).) Other than that and the Secret Bases, though, I have a feeling there might not be much else in the next CoroCoro. I'd sort of like confirmation on if we can customize our characters, but I can't see it being revealed yet.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd definitely like to know more about Aarune, especially if he happens to be able to utilize Mega Evolution. (If he does, that means Mega Flygon's a thing unless he gets more team members for later battles (if those even happen).) Other than that and the Secret Bases, though, I have a feeling there might not be much else in the next CoroCoro. I'd sort of like confirmation on if we can customize our characters, but I can't see it being revealed yet.
I think Aarune is the Secret Power Move Tutor. And that's probably the main thing he does. Though there might be another use for Secret Power that only he can do in the story.

I'm going with the first guess, however.

Years
Yeah, I think he may be the secret power move tutor or he'll give us the Tm for it as Rock smash will likely go back to HM status, so secret power may take it's place.

Btw Aarune, is it his english name (or for all languages)? I noticed he has the word rune in his name and those tend to be depicted as magical or possess secrets (hence Secret Power?)

Years
Btw Aarune, is it his english name (or for all languages)? I noticed he has the word rune in his name and those tend to be depicted as magical or possess secrets (hence Secret Power?)

His Japanese name is Girii/Gillie/however you wanna romanize it. (The Katakana is ギリー.) Anyway, I was trying to figure out if the "rune" had any meaning, but since you brought up how it could relate to Secret Power, I'd hazard a guess that that's likely why it's part of his name!

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'm actually really glad that Gamefreak decided to put more emphasis on secret bases.

Wait...

It has been confirmed that Secret Bases have returned to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, now known as Super-Secret Bases. As before, Secret Bases are created by using the move Secret Power on various parts of the Hoenn region including on walls and in trees. You can even set battle rules in your Secret Base. Players will be able to share their Secret Base with other Trainers around the world using StreetPass functionality, or they can create a QR Code for their unique Secret Base, enabling friends to visit it with ease. When visiting other Secret Bases, players can meet other Trainers in the same base and invite them back to their own Secret Base as Secret Pals. Players can interact and battle with Secret Pals, who have special skills that can support players in their adventures, such as sharing new Decorations, making a Pokémon Egg hatch faster, or raising the level of a select Pokémon by one. The more Secret Pals players have in their Secret Base, the more special skills will be available to help them in their adventures. Players can also capture flags while visiting other players' Secret Bases. Flags are located beside the Secret PC in each Secret Base. The more flags a player collects, the higher the rank earned, which brings rewards like improving the skills of a player's Secret Pals. A new character called Aarune has been revealed for this, and he is the Secret Base Expert. He currently resides in Hoenn, but is a world traveler, and has a Flygon

Why does this remind me of that hotel guest that talks about his region in Kalos!?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Why does this remind me of that hotel guest that talks about his region in Kalos!?
There's images out of him, overworld and pre-battle (?) sprite. Not the same guy there.

Years
I'm all for the tournament and Egg Swap ideas (and would gladly host the latter if enough people are interested); a "30 Days of Hoenn/ORAS" would be cool to have, too~

I'm totally down for organizing the tournament, as I said in the old DCC. Wouldn't be a problem for me at all! Think it'll get some nice reception indeed :]

Aarune is very interesting, to say the least. There's no visible clothing article that would confirm his team having a Mega evolution, but that's of course only based on the artwork; where it may be purposefully hidden to maintain secrecy. I digress, the fact that they specified his Flygon makes me think it could possible get a new form in ORAS, maybe even Primal? o:

Years
I'm totally down for organizing the tournament, as I said in the old DCC. Wouldn't be a problem for me at all! Think it'll get some nice reception indeed :]

Aarune is very interesting, to say the least. There's no visible clothing article that would confirm his team having a Mega evolution, but that's of course only based on the artwork; where it may be purposefully hidden to maintain secrecy. I digress, the fact that they specified his Flygon makes me think it could possible get a new form in ORAS, maybe even Primal? o:

I noticed that one of the items for the secret bases is a map of Hoenn, but in the cave painting style. I wonder he's the one who gives it to us. It would be a little strange though for a Pokemon like Flygon to get a Mega though, as it doesn't have an established connection to being ancient unlike the Weather trio, the fossils, Genosect, Relicanth, and the Pokemon that evolve by Ancient Power. I wonder if the Pokemon that evolve by ancient power may be similar to the Primal reversions in the explanation as Ancient Power draws the energy of the past. A guy in XY mentions a connection between fossils and Mega stones so maybe everything fits somehow...wonder how.

Years
My gym will be completely full of Magikarp so people can get +1 Speed EVs :D ...Seriously, though, I'd probably try for Pokemon that give out +2 EVs in a certain stat to make EV Training go by quicker XD

re: Dark gyms, I'm still hoping for one in Gen. VII. When Grant was first revealed I thought he'd be a Dark Gym Leader (his Japanese name is "Zakuro", and "kuro(i)" means "Black", so), so I was disappointed when he was stated to be a Rock Gym Leader instead ;;

Years
My gym will be completely full of Magikarp so people can get +1 Speed EVs :D ...Seriously, though, I'd probably try for Pokemon that give out +2 EVs in a certain stat to make EV Training go by quicker XD

re: Dark gyms, I'm still hoping for one in Gen. VII. When Grant was first revealed I thought he'd be a Dark Gym Leader (his Japanese name is "Zakuro", and "kuro(i)" means "Black", so), so I was disappointed when he was stated to be a Rock Gym Leader instead ;;

I wonder if they'll still work like that... maybe this time they won't give out Exp. or Ev's...hopefully they do.

I imagine a lot of people will be Legendary Masters (as in they'll have legends only on their teams)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back