• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What's up with all the hate on Pokéblocks? I found making them fun. And it gives you a reason to have a bag full of berries. It helped with contest, and you could find Pokemon in the safari with them. I don't remember the poffins to much, as I didn't do D/P/P contest as much, but I doubt they were as fun to make. Would people feel better if Pokéblocks were items that you could buy as well as make?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I am out at the moment, but I'm so eager to see these Secret Base pictures! As for that expert trainer, Mega Flygon anyone? ;)

So Pokeblocks and Berry Blending is back too!? If they keep returning all the original features as they're doing I will be very happy with Game Freak. They've hit all the right notes so far with ORAS and this just hyped me up even more now!

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • What's up with all the hate on Pokéblocks? I found making them fun. And it gives you a reason to have a bag full of berries. It helped with contest, and you could find Pokemon in the safari with them. I don't remember the poffins to much, as I didn't do D/P/P contest as much, but I doubt they were as fun to make. Would people feel better if Pokéblocks were items that you could buy as well as make?

I just don't like the Block part, they are just a generic food block. Sure people and animals sometimes eat questionable "food" products, but I only want the best for my pokemon pals.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am out at the moment, but I'm so eager to see these Secret Base pictures! As for that expert trainer, Mega Flygon anyone? ;)

So Pokeblocks and Berry Blending is back too!? If they keep returning all the original features as they're doing I will be very happy with Game Freak. They've hit all the right notes so far with ORAS and this just hyped me up even more now!

When you have time check out Serebii for the secret base pictures, they're wonderful.

Pokeblocks are supposed to be candy, not generic food blocks.

Years
  • For the lazy, here are some of the screenshots of Secret Bases + Aarune (both taken from Serebii and the official Pokemon website):

Spoiler:

re: Pokeblocks, I greatly prefer Poffins, but I don't hate them per se. They look like flavored sugar cubes, and they're pretty cute <3

Years
  • Is it just me, or does Hoenn look alot more beautiful than Kalos?
    It looks like the colours are brighter, and it's just making everything look amazing. Secret bases look awesome, and the battle backgrounds or whatever they are called just look better than the ones in X and Y. It looks like Gamefreak is putting everything they have into these remakes. Like, I mean it seems like they are trying their hardest with these, and I think they will be much better than any in the series. Then again, Hoenn has Mudkip so it is already superior xD.It could just be me, but every new screenshot I see makes me so happy, they look so beautiful. And if Contest and the battle frontier return, we will actually have stuff to do post game :D.

And, not to mention Deoxys will likely have a event for it again. :D Anyone else amazed by even the little bit they have released?

Years
  • For the lazy, here are some of the screenshots of Secret Bases + Aarune (both taken from Serebii and the official Pokemon website):

Spoiler:

re: Pokeblocks, I greatly prefer Poffins, but I don't hate them per se. They look like flavored sugar cubes, and they're pretty cute <3

See? We battle Aarune, and he only has Flygon. His hand is covered, likely hiding a Mega ring. #MegaFlygoneConfirmed. XD jk

Years
  • Is it just me, or does Hoenn look alot more beautiful than Kalos?
    It looks like the colours are brighter, and it's just making everything look amazing. Secret bases look awesome, and the battle backgrounds or whatever they are called just look better than the ones in X and Y. It looks like Gamefreak is putting everything they have into these remakes. Like, I mean it seems like they are trying their hardest with these, and I think they will be much better than any in the series. Then again, Hoenn has Mudkip so it is already superior xD.It could just be me, but every new screenshot I see makes me so happy, they look so beautiful. And if Contest and the battle frontier return, we will actually have stuff to do post game :D.

And, not to mention Deoxys will likely have a event for it again. :D Anyone else amazed by even the little bit they have released?
    They usually improve the games from the previous ones, so it's kind of normal. I do think that it's far more beautiful than Kalos though. I like better the bright tropical colors over the more pale colors of XY Kalos. I wonder how 'Z' will look as the last game tends to look the best, just look at Emerald, HGSS, and B2W2 and compare them to the initial pair that started their release generation (Crystal also looks better compared to GS from what I've seen). I wonder if GF will keep the pale colors for 'Z', giving each region it's own special feel.

I wonder if they improved contests. Perhaps we'll get Super Contests (yeah like Sinnoh), but have the combo and the detraction of points like in RSE contests. They did add the capture the flag from Sinnoh. These games have several similarities to the Sinnoh games, the flag game, the trees look similar to Sinnoh trees... I enjoyed the Sinnoh games (well Pt) so I don't mind the Sinnoh like additions.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Those graphics differ from XY in a good way! Hoenn suit that style much more than it would've in the Kalos style.

Oh..

Another feature included is the ability to set Battle Rules. This allows for you to turn your Secret Base into a small Gym with yourself as the Gym Leader. The full extent of these rules are not currently known, but they include being able to set the battle type such as Single Battle or Double Battle.

Seriously!

Years
  • I was really impressed by everything I was seeing for XY, but I can definitely say I'm even more impressed by ORAS's graphics. They're absolutely gorgeous and make me wish ORAS could be released a month earlier and not on the anniversary of RS's Japanese release date, haha ;;

re: Deoxys, I hope we get access to Birth Island again (imagine it and the puzzle in glorious 3D) rather than have it just be distributed like most the Gen. V event legendaries and Diancie. I liked being able to battle the event legendaries and capture them myself rather than just receive them, and was disappointed I couldn't legitimately battle Arceus in DPPt (I did use my AR to get the Azure Flute so I -could- battle it, though XD), Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect. I'm also wondering how Jirachi will just be handed out, since one had to pre-order Colo and have the cord that connected the Gamecube with the GBA in order to get it in RS. I would assume it'd also be distributed via Wi-Fi event like Diancie, but it'd be cool if it got its own little in-game event like Celebi in HGSS.

Years
  • I was really impressed by everything I was seeing for XY, but I can definitely say I'm even more impressed by ORAS's graphics. They're absolutely gorgeous and make me wish ORAS could be released a month earlier and not on the anniversary of RS's Japanese release date, haha ;;

re: Deoxys, I hope we get access to Birth Island again (imagine it and the puzzle in glorious 3D) rather than have it just be distributed like most the Gen. V event legendaries and Diancie. I liked being able to battle the event legendaries and capture them myself rather than just receive them, and was disappointed I couldn't legitimately battle Arceus in DPPt (I did use my AR to get the Azure Flute so I -could- battle it, though XD), Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect. I'm also wondering how Jirachi will just be handed out, since one had to pre-order Colo and have the cord that connected the Gamecube with the GBA in order to get it in RS. I would assume it'd also be distributed via Wi-Fi event like Diancie, but it'd be cool if it got its own little in-game event like Celebi in HGSS.
    Maybe if you take Jiranchi to the white rock in Mossdeep the rock will crack and reveal a Jiranchite allow us to Mega evolve it. I hope so.
    If they do have events for them I wonder how they'll spread them out in time before 'Z' comes out. XY sadly will have only one more event until ORAS comes out.
    I hope they do all the Emerald events meaning the Deoxys event, the Johto Bird Duo event, and the Mew event. I also hope we get an in game Manaphy event.

Years
  • You're right. My anxiety is getting the best of me.

I'm worried about them potentially removing certain features.
    What I'm worried about the most is the Battle Frontier. I hope that Scott is shown in this week's corocoro as that'll confirm the return of the Frontier as he wasn't in RS for the Tower.

Years
  • The graphics look wonderful, from what we can tell. The trailers have showed off some seriously polished animation and the 3D models look perfect. Honestly, they've done everything right in ORAS so far. My opinion on Primal Reversion is pending, because we're not aware of what exactly it entails just yet, but my hopes are high.

Years
  • The graphics look wonderful, from what we can tell. The trailers have showed off some seriously polished animation and the 3D models look perfect. Honestly, they've done everything right in ORAS so far. My opinion on Primal Reversion is pending, because we're not aware of what exactly it entails just yet, but my hopes are high.
    Well they have given us hints, such as it being similar to Mega Evolution. I think in the end they'll end up being just like Megas but with a history being given to the forms compared to the Mega forms.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Maybe Primal Reversions could wind up being the foundation of Mega-Evolutions? In terms of timeline, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald takes place much early than X and Y (if I'm not mistaken), and in latter two games, they use data from Reversions to develop Mega Stones? They might not have explained it yet, but they still have time; they could do it all in their third XY installment.

Years
  • Maybe Primal Reversions could wind up being the foundation of Mega-Evolutions? In terms of timeline, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald takes place much early than X and Y (if I'm not mistaken), and in latter two games, they use data from Reversions to develop Mega Stones? They might not have explained it yet, but they still have time; they could do it all in their third XY installment.
    I have a theory that Zygarde may be connected to them too, seeing how it's said to control the balance of nature with it's special ability. Perhaps Zygarde absorbed the natural excess energy after creation of the Pokeworld and stored it in it's body leading to the Weather trio losing their Primal Reversions as they used up their energy, meanwhile it's one, or both of it's brethern being used for the weapon caused Mega stones to be created. Of course...perhaps Zygarde is the canon one used for the weapon and not the other two...which will explain their connection.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    FYI, I did not read page 2. If anything important, update me plz.

Speaking of Megas, I wonder if they'll work...Also the AI on our 'clones' in the secret bases may not be very high...so they may not Mega evolve in battle...or use the double screens strategy. I hope the AI will be high on them, or copy our most used strategies...it'll be kind of creepy yet cool at the same time if the game knew our preferred battling style and mimicked that.
    Laugh all you want at the idea, but Yoshi's New Island keeps an eye on you playing and labels your playing style. I am apparently too methodical and was labeled as "patient".

I have a feeling that some features of the bases will be locked until post-game, such as battling in bases or setting up your own custom challenge. But we'll see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back