• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I discovered a neat little feature when playing ORAS. If your 3DS's clock is set for your birthday, then when you enter any Pokemon Center the lights will go dark upon your entrance and confetti will blow out. Not only that but Nurse Joy will wish you a Happy Birthday, the screen in the background will have a birthday cake on it, and the Pokemon Center's music will be different.

(My 3DS clock is a day behind, my Bday is the 21st of November, but it's the 22nd in my timezone, so I have to fix that soon.

Spoiler:

X/Y pretty much had the same thing, but at least it's there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Since everything is confirmed about the games, could this thread change to a spoiler free DCC for people who don't have the games yet? (Mostly Europeans).

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Ok in regards to my question earlier on the Gardevoirite, you will only get it from Wanda after you save Hoenn from the crisis and got/ defeat Kyogre.

The Gym Leaders this time is seriously... weak compared to back then.
Even Norman posed no threats to me.
Managed to win all 8 of them with a breeze and I've passed through the cave to Elite 4 :D
Too lazy to fight them yet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
What does the "start" button do in ORAS?

I just noticed while playing Smash Bros that my start button isn't responding and I'm a bit freaked out. :(

Years
Serebii revealed another version exclusive, and it's Shellos' forms. The form you encounter via the DexNav will be different based on the version you're playing, with the West Sea form being in Omega Ruby and the East Sea form in Alpha Sapphire.

Also, alongside Wailmer having its own sprite when diving, there are some other changes to surfing and diving mechanics based on the Pokemon. Surfing on a Sharpedo makes you move faster than usual, while Kyogre also gets its own model shown while diving, and it will also move faster underwater than other Pokemon.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Serebii revealed another version exclusive, and it's Shellos' forms. The form you encounter via the DexNav will be different based on the version you're playing, with the West Sea form being in Omega Ruby and the East Sea form in Alpha Sapphire.
I wonder what would happen with breeding though? Like let's say I transfer my West Sea Gastrodon to my Alpha Sapphire. If I breed it, will the babies come out as west sea ones or east sea ones?

Also, alongside Wailmer having its own sprite when diving, there are some other changes to surfing and diving mechanics based on the Pokemon. Surfing on a Sharpedo makes you move faster than usual, while Kyogre also gets its own model shown while diving, and it will also move faster underwater than other Pokemon.
Oh, that's a bit cool.

Years
I wonder what would happen with breeding though? Like let's say I transfer my West Sea Gastrodon to my Alpha Sapphire. If I breed it, will the babies come out as west sea ones or east sea ones?

If breeding it with any compatible non-Ditto Pokemon, I assume the baby Shellos will inherit the pattern of its Shellos/Gastrodon mother. So if you have a male West Sea Gastrodon and female East Sea Gastrodon, the baby will hatch as an East Sea.

With Ditto, the baby inherits the same form as the one you bred with.

Years
One cool thing I noticed about the DexNav that shows you what Pokémon are in the area is that it's like the Habitat List from B2W2. That's pretty nice, since it does that I think it's something XY would have appreciated what with all the Pokémon every area in those games had.

Years
One cool thing I noticed about the DexNav that shows you what Pokémon are in the area is that it's like the Habitat List from B2W2. That's pretty nice, since it does that I think it's something XY would have appreciated what with all the Pokémon every area in those games had.

One cool thing you'll notice with the DexNav is that the map shown is in the style of the overworld from the original 3rd Gen games. That's a nice little nostalgic throwback in there.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Ok in regards to my question earlier on the Gardevoirite, you will only get it from Wanda after you save Hoenn from the crisis and got/ defeat Kyogre.

The Gym Leaders this time is seriously... weak compared to back then.
Even Norman posed no threats to me.
Managed to win all 8 of them with a breeze and I've passed through the cave to Elite 4 :D
Too lazy to fight them yet.

I've seen many struggle with Norman even at high levels, especially that last slaking of his.

Spoiler:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I love the energy in this thread, but to promote the diversity in discussion and threadmaking, I'm closing this for now. If you have something to discuss, make a thread! Don't feel bad about it. Just make sure it isn't already created, and have at it.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back