• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hey! I just started playing Pokemon Alabaster and I'm loving it so far! I'm a little confused where you're supposed to go after you fight Cirrus behind the Boys' Dorm.

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
Hey! I just started playing Pokemon Alabaster and I'm loving it so far! I'm a little confused where you're supposed to go after you fight Cirrus behind the Boys' Dorm.

You'll have to go to the Cafeteria and talk to Danny, who is one of the two girls who sit next to each other.

Also, just a general note, I think the changes I made in version 0.4.5 got undone in the newest version, so it is possible for example to get blocked out of Route 303 by the Celestial grunts. I'll try to have another version out in the next week or two depending on how busy I am with classes. While I'm at it I'll probably try to include some other fixes...

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Whenever i try to open it, it says " Error Can't Load Library KERNEL32.dll"

What do i do?

Whi

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Hi !

I'm currently testing your game, and right after the second town, where u have to find the gym leader with the Hypnos and everything, they teleported me back to the checkpoint but when I go back to route 303 my path is blocked off by two runts with whom i cant interact at all.

Any ideas ?

Alababal

Years
Hi !

I'm currently testing your game, and right after the second town, where u have to find the gym leader with the Hypnos and everything, they teleported me back to the checkpoint but when I go back to route 303 my path is blocked off by two runts with whom i cant interact at all.

Any ideas ?

Yeah I was afraid this would start coming up again. As I mentioned above I'll have an update out that will fix this when I can, although with finals coming up it may be a week or two. If you want to have it fixed sooner you can email me the save file and I can fix it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
Hey, Alababal. Great game you got here.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck now. After I beat Pit, I tried to talk to the Iron Ball guy chillin outside the gym and since then I've been unable to leave that spot. I'm literally stuck on that tile. I can't open my bag and the only key that is responsive is the Save. Can you help me? :]

Alababal

Years
I updated the first post with the newest version. Almost all of the fixes were simply redoing fixes that I made earler that got undone. So once again, voltorb doesn't learn sonic boom until level 8 (thanks ORAS). Hopefully that guy in the gym faces you when you battle. And those Celestial grunts shouldn't block you on route 303. If you're currently stuck you should be able to get by them after updating. If you can't let me know, or if anything goes wrong for that matter.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck now. After I beat Pit, I tried to talk to the Iron Ball guy chillin outside the gym and since then I've been unable to leave that spot. I'm literally stuck on that tile. I can't open my bag and the only key that is responsive is the Save. Can you help me? :]

Oh darn it. You said it was after you beat Pit? I'll need to look into that. Updating may fix it for you, but more than likely it won't. If you want to email me your save getting you out shouldn't be a problem.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
Don't worry about it- I decided to restart from the last point I saved. I avoided the Iron Ball Guy like the plague this time and I'm able to progress through now :]

Did the new update fix Pickup? Pretty sure it was broken in 0.4.7

EDIT: I've come across a minor bug with my Espurr. During my battle with the Team Tectonic grunt on Route 303, every time Espurr attacked, the ability sign (Own Tempo) would pop up from the right as if something 'activated' it like Flame Body. This only happened in that very battle and no longer occurred in following battles (so far).

Same thing happens if you talk to Pit in the room right before the Lunatone and Solrock puzzle, but only if you talk to him while standing on the tile to his right (your left). I guess that's 'cause Pit is programmed to step onto that tile after the dialogue is over.

I've also found a handful of minor bugs and grammatical/spelling errors. Is there a better place to report them? Just so I don't spam in this thread :]

Last edited by a moderator:

Alababal

Years
Don't worry about it- I decided to restart from the last point I saved. I avoided the Iron Ball Guy like the plague this time and I'm able to progress through now :]

Did the new update fix Pickup? Pretty sure it was broken in 0.4.7

EDIT: I've come across a minor bug with my Espurr. During my battle with the Team Tectonic grunt on Route 303, every time Espurr attacked, the ability sign (Own Tempo) would pop up from the right as if something 'activated' it like Flame Body. This only happened in that very battle and no longer occurred in following battles (so far).

Same thing happens if you talk to Pit in the room right before the Lunatone and Solrock puzzle, but only if you talk to him while standing on the tile to his right (your left). I guess that's 'cause Pit is programmed to step onto that tile after the dialogue is over.

I've also found a handful of minor bugs and grammatical/spelling errors. Is there a better place to report them? Just so I don't spam in this thread :]

This is pretty much it. There's always the email/pm, but it's up to you. I don't really care. There won't be any changes to pick up in this version btw. If it hasn't been addressed in the newest version of essentials then I'll give it a look.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
I think I found a bug. My Togepi uses metronome and it comes up with the message. "Togepi used !" It does this alot and if it was done on purpose please reduce the chance of it happening it just happened 3 times in a row.

Alababal

Years
I think I found a bug. My Togepi uses metronome and it comes up with the message. "Togepi used !" It does this alot and if it was done on purpose please reduce the chance of it happening it just happened 3 times in a row.
It didn't do that last time I tested it... I must've broken something at some point. Thanks for reporting it. I'll try to figure out what's going on. It definitely isn't on purpose.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
It didn't do that last time I tested it... I must've broken something at some point. Thanks for reporting it. I'll try to figure out what's going on. It definitely isn't on purpose.

Also could you possibly allow us to see the happiness level of our pokemon. If it's possible plz btw nice game <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I was wondering what the other event was after you beat the 3rd gym. I've been on the camping trip and I was confused as to what happened to the guy.

Alababal

Years
Sorry for disappearing for a bit guys. Had to get through finals week. ^^

Also could you possibly allow us to see the happiness level of our pokemon. If it's possible plz btw nice game <3

I may put in a pokegear app for this. By the way the EV/IV app won't be available at the beginning of the game in future versions so enjoy it while you can!

Also you can't use ether in battle

Adding this to my list of things to fix. I'll look into it.

I was wondering what the other event was after you beat the 3rd gym. I've been on the camping trip and I was confused as to what happened to the guy.

I thought I put in dialogue for the camp club post autumn hill trip, but not that I check I guess I never got to it. The guy who got lost got rescued. If you didn't rescue him, meaning if you left autumn hill or lost before you got to him, then he won't be lost anymore. He'll have been found by someone else.

As for the other event, go look around the academy at night time. The event occasionally bugs out so save beforehand just in case.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I did the event with the academy at night with the whole ghost thing. Is there another event at the academy after that.

Alababal

Years
I did the event with the academy at night with the whole ghost thing. Is there another event at the academy after that.

Nope that's it for now. I plan on putting more stuff at the academy but that's for future demos.

At least finals week is over! I hope you were confident enough to get through all of them!

Thanks! They went well enough. I'm just glad I'll be able to focus on the game for a while.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
I've found a bug: my Beldum didn't get healed while he ate an Oran Berry, instead I got some weird error.
Also, the level cap mentioned in features, does that have anything to do with the fact that you can't get exp from pokemon at least 10 levels lower?

Last edited:
Back