• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
  • I can't get the game to work.
    The game won't start

Never did find out why this is the case for some people, so sorry I can't really give you a fix.

I've found a bug: my Beldum didn't get healed while he ate an Oran Berry, instead I got some weird error.
    Also, the level cap mentioned in features, does that have anything to do with the fact that you can't get exp from pokemon at least 10 levels lower?

That oran berry bug is interesting, since I know at the very least that it wasn't a thing in the past. The code has been updated so many times though that I wouldn't be surprised if something got messed up. As for your second question the level cap should be at a certain level. It goes from 19-->25-->32-->38-->44 in the demo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    That oran berry bug is interesting, since I know at the very least that it wasn't a thing in the past. The code has been updated so many times though that I wouldn't be surprised if something got messed up. As for your second question the level cap should be at a certain level. It goes from 19-->25-->32-->38-->44 in the demo.
    Error only showed up 1x for some reason.
    As for the level caps: explains why my level 19 Beldum doesn't get any exp anymore.
    Too bad he doesn't evolve until level 20.

((ps. to volbeat: in your face, my espurr has own tempo XD))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2016
    I wanted to know what exactly is different bout the starters because I saw Larvesta shine like a Christmas tree after I beat Guy. o.o

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I wanted to know what exactly is different bout the starters because I saw Larvesta shine like a Christmas tree after I beat Guy. o.o
    My beldum made the screen look like the world was about to end.
    Made the screen turn dark, red and purple in turns

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I've found a little bug:
    Spoiler:

Also: where are all the magikarp? (Yes, I seriously want a magikarp)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2016
    How do I get Gible in the beginning? Because when I tried to pick him/her before Larvesta he/she try to bite me and then he looked like he was gonna cry.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    How do I get Gible in the beginning? Because when I tried to pick him/her before Larvesta he/she try to bite me and then he looked like he was gonna cry.
    You can only choose between togepi, larvesta and beldum.
    The rest are only for show, or did you expect you could actually pick the machoke as starter? {XD}

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Hey there! First off would like to say that this game is amazing and I love how the gym leaders are really challenging. Not sure if you know about it yet, but I have noticed a bug with regards to the move uproar. Sometimes when I use uproar (on my noctowl) against certain pokemon even though I'm not sure what they have in common (an example would be the Exeggutor from the ace trainer at the pokemon fan club after the third gym) I would be able to get my attacks off but for those 3 turns of uproar the opponent doesn't do anything. Also a window would pop up each turn of uproar. Hope this gets fixed soon even though it works in our favor!

edit: It just happened without me using uproar so I think it has to do with the Insomnia ability as I realised most of the pokemon have moves that can inflict sleep

Last edited:

Guest123123

I'm having an EXTREMELY tough time with the Klefki. I've literally been trying for almost 3 hours to catch/corner/trap it, but nothing I do works. Are the specific correct combos for this?

Alababal

Years
  • Thanks for reporting bugs guys! I've addressed the academy gym one and I still have to look into insomnia but it will be done. No gible and no magicarp in this demo, both will be available later, although it will be a while for gible, sorry.

I'm having an EXTREMELY tough time with the Klefki. I've literally been trying for almost 3 hours to catch/corner/trap it, but nothing I do works. Are the specific correct combos for this?

Hopefully this helps for kelfki. I don't love that puzzle so it may be redone in the future but for now this is how you do it.

Edit: If you just want a hint and not a walkthrough I'd tell you to try to trap it at the bottom of the room in the middle.

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2019
    Hi i donwload it and then i extracted it i press to play the game i mean the Game.exe in its file with all the others and its not loading what should i do pls fix it as soon as possible because it is an amazing (fan made) game if its not that pls tell the steps to be able to play it pls.

Last edited:

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2019
    Hi i donwload it and then i extracted it i press to play the game i mean the Game.exe in its file with all the others and its not loading what should i do pls fix it as soon as possible because it is an amazing (fan made) game if its not that pls tell the steps to be able to play it pls.

Hey, Sorry for bothering you but can you please help me because i love Pokemon Alabaster and I've been waiting very long to answer sorry again but can anyone help me?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2021
    Are there ev reducing berries in the game? Why is the battle mode in set and not shift.

Alababal

Years
  • Hey, Sorry for bothering you but can you please help me because i love Pokemon Alabaster and I've been waiting very long to answer sorry again but can anyone help me?

Oh. Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. It works fine on all of the computers I've used, but quite a few people have had problems getting it to start. Maybe if you tell me what operating system you use?

Are there ev reducing berries in the game? Why is the battle mode in set and not shift.

There aren't any ev reducing berries right now but there will be in the future. The town where the sixth gym will be defined by its berry and herb enthusiasts, so you'll be able to get them there. Whether they'll be available immediately or it'll be that you have to complete an event to gain access to them.. I haven't decided yet.

As for your second question that's just the way I wanted it set up. I feel it's unrealistic for you to know every pokémon that your opponent is going to send out, but of course I'm not going to make other people play it that way if you don't want to. You're free to change it back to shift if you like.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2021
    when I breed a shroomish, it only gives me effect spore. Do I have to catch a female quick feet shroomish for it to be passed down?

Alababal

Years
  • when I breed a shroomish, it only gives me effect spore. Do I have to catch a female quick feet shroomish for it to be passed down?

You know what... I'm looking at the code right now and I think the only way for a hidden ability to get passed down is if the mother has a hidden ability. That's an oversight on my part and will be fixed in the future, but for now what you say is the case. Sorry about that.

Edit: If you've already completed the demo you can get two ability capsules from the estate on route 303, just in case you were already there and you didn't want to wait. Since I've already written it down elsewhere I'll post the scoring system underneath the spoiler. You get the ability capsules for scoring 80 and again for 85.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2021
    You know what... I'm looking at the code right now and I think the only way for a hidden ability to get passed down is if the mother has a hidden ability. That's an oversight on my part and will be fixed in the future, but for now what you say is the case. Sorry about that.

Edit: If you've already completed the demo you can get two ability capsules from the estate on route 303, just in case you were already there and you didn't want to wait. Since I've already written it down elsewhere I'll post the scoring system underneath the spoiler. You get the ability capsules for scoring 80 and again for 85.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2021
    i am sorry but where is the estate in route 303 where I can get ability capsules?

Back