• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Crystal Rescue Mission

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • (In case of any accusions that I stole something from a future project, please check the date and the dates created for the game files. Most are marked from December 2015 to April 2016.)

Crystal Rescue Mission

Download

"Crystal Rescue Mission" is a fan created game made on the RPG Maker MV engine. In this game, you play as a young Minun being set off as a rescue team ranger for a group called "the Crystal Rescue Team" evolved from the original Charmander and Squirtle group "The Pokepals". It is set almost a hundred years after the events of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the main series games. Some characters from the series still lived by a soon to be known source and others are presumed "dead" until proven otherwise. In speaking of "dead" some of been extinct and a select few have been revived to defeat Minun. Plenty of Pokemon have been under the spell of the same unknown being and has been doing it for hundreds of years. Will Minun find the original source to the revival of the extinct and the sudden change from good to bad from innocent Pokemon? Coming soon.

Crystal Rescue Mission is a turn based RPG (Nothing like Mystery Dungeon for obvious reasons. MV is still a babby!) that was in development since October 2015 not counting the countless previous engine switches 3 years back making this probably the first ever MV Pokemon game. (And most likely the only because of PokeEssentials on RPG Maker VXA). The game's difficulty is meant to be a little harsh so beware.

Fight bosses, make them good again and befriend them or take their power orbs and leave them in the dust (While still making them good. The main character is not a thief!). Befriending them will make them join your party. Sometimes they will have things to say in certain situations. One or two of them could get so angry at something that they would barge through a locked entrance or one of them could cope out an argument.​

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Bosses:
    Spoiler:

Help needed:

I am in need of:
    Concept designers (One guy was nice enough to do Minun in her first ranked outfit but then stopped doing her other ones for an unexplained reason.)
    Coverart designers (Coverart as in the thing I will be advertizing the game with and what I will be putting for the title screen.)
    Story ideas (Side quests and any gap filling for the main idea.)

Credits (for visuals):
    (Whoever did) PokeEssentials (I somehow converted the tiles for MV. It's choppy though)
    Game Freak (Of course)
    powercristal
    Minun (For cheering me on to make this. Thanks little pal.)​

Last edited:

Minun172

Years
  • Ah, finally. It's here.

If anyone would like to take a dab at making new tilesets and objects for this (So I won't run out), would be glad to.

Also looking for voices and side story writers.

Minun172

Years
  • Developer build 1:

Things to work on:

-Add a crafting feature

- Add random crap to the Pokemon drops (So they can be made for crafting. So far you get nothing for defeating almost any enemy. Not even the bosses. It's because I don't have any misc items to use for that planned feature).

- Make a steel themed stage. (Who's gonna be the big boss of the stage?)

- Finish up Necromancer stage 1 (That weird purple place when you select the fire icon on the map)

Edit: Alright, alright. One more day. If nothing happens yet again since it's first time being released, I am gonna discontinue it. It's been a pain in my ass anyways. I don't build buildings I wanted to build and not for people to give criticism or even look at it you know. That's why I stopped making MUGEN stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    This looks pretty interesting, I'll play the demo when I get the chance.
    Just one thing. The boss Squirtle is a mother-in-law. So she had an egg, it grew up, and now Squirtle Jr. is married. Personally, I would evolve the pokemon involved, they seem too young.

Minun172

Years
  • Squirtle didn't hatch an egg. The Pichu was found lost in a cave. I'm not sure if I pointed this out in the game but if not, well, hidden history of my own little Pokemon world I guess. And yeah, the Pokemon involved are very young (Minun is debatable but I consider her to be about 4 or 5 years old in Pokemon years personally. and Lucario is more of a teenage-close to adult person.) but they're strong for their age and in this, pre-evolves are a lot more powerful than they are in the games. The Pichu joins your party and one of her only skills is to play an ukulele song which is one of the best playable skills in the game at the moment.

Years
    • Seen today
    So I played the demo. It sometimes closed on me, but I don't know why.
    On the starting map, I couldn't tell I was supposed to go the the lit tiles in the bottom of the map to activate the script, and to leave the cave. I assumed the door to the top of the map was the way out.
    There was a dungeon to the north in Minun's home, I fought a level 7 Zubat, won, got the experience to level up then got a "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined".
    I noticed I couldn't turn on the spot, so it sometimes took a fair amount of maneuvering to line up in front of a doorway and face it to enter.
    Sometimes the tiles change to the other tiles (like the cave Minun lives in changed into this:
    lhQ84cE.png
    ).
    I immediately forgot the first mission I got, but I couldn't get a reminder. Perhaps a quest status button in the pause menu to remind people.
    Finally, you can activate certain scripts multiple times, like getting infinite Bitter Berries form the pokeball in your home, or the cutscene when you enter the Crystal rescue team building.

EDIT: Forgot this. Since Squirtle found the Pichu egg and raised it, that would make her an adoptive mother, not a mother-in-law.

Last edited:

Minun172

Years
  • So I played the demo. It sometimes closed on me, but I don't know why.

It doesn't for me. Either computer problems or MV with it's deployment issues again. I haven't tested it in it's deployed form.

There was a dungeon to the north in Minun's home, I fought a level 7 Zubat, won, got the experience to level up then got a "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined".
    I noticed I couldn't turn on the spot, so it sometimes took a fair amount of maneuvering to line up in front of a doorway and face it to enter.

W@w me, me. you're so stupid.... It's a plugin addon for that screen. I added it back at the heat of the moment of deployment. It's a plugin conflict.

Sometimes the tiles change to the other tiles (like the cave Minun lives in changed into this:
    lhQ84cE.png
    ).
    Doubt it would do that Sometimes. The only changing tile problem I had was at the CRM base. They are separate tiles (hence when you get close to there, you will have a bit of a frame skip)
    MV doesn't like if people workaround it's tile limit. I might also left some spots unchanged. If you walk on the pathway it won't happen.

On the starting map, I couldn't tell I was supposed to go the the lit tiles in the bottom of the map to activate the script, and to leave the cave. I assumed the door to the top of the map was the way out.

the Meloetta said "I'll be in the truck. If you want to start
    your quests, just hop in." She literally meant that you have to hop in the truck to start your quest. Everything happens in that truck. When you do, you are taken to a screen of the Hoenn map and with the two only bosses I programmed in. You can go to either of them. There's no specific order. Kinda like Mega Man (Which I originally wanted this game to be like.) Lucairo should be fully obtainable or defeatable (Defeating him will make him not able to join you.) and Squirtle can't be recruited due to not really being much of a fighter in the first place (but you can keep Pichu and turn it into a half-Water type.) or you can fight her. Your quests are making them good. I might of added a few sidequests here and there. I don't really know because I don't focus on them until I am halfway done with the main part of the game.

I represent bottom doors as shaded areas.

Finally, you can activate certain scripts multiple times, like getting infinite Bitter Berries form the pokeball in your home, or the cutscene when you enter the Crystal rescue team building.

So MV does re-add erased events deployed or not. Come on now, MV.... The guys at RPG Maker Webs were confusing me if MV re-adds events only on playtest mode or on both deployment and playtest. Funny thing is, erased events are forever erased in the previous RPG Makers.

Sorry for releasing such a mess, but it's always good to have a second eye which is why I did a test development release in a first place.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Oh she does say that. :3c And don't worry about all these bugs, I'm trying to find them! Better now then never.
    So, I went to Lucario first, and ran from battles, because the "TypeError" always happens when you win.
    There was a Castform getting attacked by a Houndour and at the "!" when the Castform shouted for help, I got in a battle. The cutscene continued fine though. I was able to follow Castform and watched him disappear into thin air.
    There was another pokeball in the cave that also gave infinite berries.
    Also in the cave, I stepped on a wonder tile and turned into stairs. But when I walk, it shifts through a bunch of dungeon tiles, like a PP Down and the strong Aura that blocked my path. It fixed itself when I left the dungeon.
    I got stuck on that dungeon so I moved on to Squirtle. On the way back, I saw none other than Castform and Houndour. The cutscene activated again.
    Died due to this teal thing shooting rays at me in Squirtle's mission. Is the gameover screen supposed to be that blurry, I could barely read it.

Minun172

Years
  • So I released an almost impossible to play version of it (because of a plugin), then I accidentally embarrased myself by releasing the oldest version on my computer. So I hopefully got the correct one. I'm a klutz. I'm sorry.

Might also want to add, I fixed the tile issue. At a cost of a bit more loading though.

Minun172

Years
  • *Sigh* Why, just why? I do so much for the past 4 months and I get nothing out of it. Why should I make something if nobody's gonna even look at it? Why should I make a building if nobody's gonna enter it? At least one person was nice enough to give feedback but nobody even said crap about it or even looked at this game. I have been working on this since MV was only one month onld. Working my ass off. I can't work on this much longer. All it's doing is giving me more stress for something that nobody would even look at. Oh yeah, there was another person. And guess what? That person freaking took my conversions and resources for his own game and claimed it as his own and everyone believed him. It's last demo will come out after I copy protect it.

Project officially canceled. PM me for the download if you care at all.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • Honestly, I think that giving up on a game simply because no one, or it appears that no one, is playing the game or reading the thread, or etc just means that you never really had the right type of dedication in the first place. You're just making the game just to get attention and popularity, rather than making a game because you can and want to.

That's kinda the wrong approach. Make a game because you want to. That's really the best that you can do. I know it can get frustrating sometimes when no one comments or plays the game, but giving up on account of that won't actually change that.

Minun172

Years
  • Honestly, I think that giving up on a game simply because no one, or it appears that no one, is playing the game or reading the thread, or etc just means that you never really had the right type of dedication in the first place. You're just making the game just to get attention and popularity, rather than making a game because you can and want to.

That's kinda the wrong approach. Make a game because you want to. That's really the best that you can do. I know it can get frustrating sometimes when no one comments or plays the game, but giving up on account of that won't actually change that.

I've been making the game because I wanted ever since I started, then it got stressful to me month later, then I released it the first time seeing that it's like every one of my earlier projects. Nobody at all are acknowledging it's existence. I just don't make them if nobody is gonna enjoy them with me. That's just me. If nobody bothers to acknowledge it's existance AND they steal my conversions and claim them as their own, there is no reason to go any further. I'm gonan keep on saying this when people comment to me like this: If something stresses you and you worked your ass off of it only not getting anything in return, don't do it for the sake of your time.

Minun172

Years
  • It was on another forum so it wasn't here. They took my tileset conversions and claimed them as their own. I reported the thread and the game got pulled so I don't have any proof that he said that he took them and claimed them but I do have an image comparing his tiles to mine.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Are you referring to the tiles which are just straight from FRLG? I certainly don't know all the details, but I hardly think you can claim anyone stole those from you when they're readily available to everyone for free.

(May or may not come back soon but no updates will be posted on Pokecommunity due to their lack of interest.
    If you're not going to post about your game on here, you don't deserve a thread for your game here. Pick one or the other.

Minun172

Years
  • Are you referring to the tiles which are just straight from FRLG? I certainly don't know all the details, but I hardly think you can claim anyone stole those from you when they're readily available to everyone for free.

If you're not going to post about your game on here, you don't deserve a thread for your game here. Pick one or the other.

Thing is, I one by one converted most of them to MV taking me about an hour at least then the guy came, literally copy and pasted my tiles, didn't even fix the problems it had on my part and left them all unnamed then announced that he did the conversions himself.

Fine, I will change the post back in a bit. I'm doing some slight edits to the game anyways before I stop... Or take a break from it. Either way I am not sure.

Well, the post is backto what it was before I canceled it and all credit to Vendilly, I now have a CSS template to use. It's still incomplete and needs more things though. I am inspired to continue. Thanks everyone. Yes, I was a little upset, I've gotten easily... Butthurt ever since I started MUGEN so yeah.

Minun172

Years
  • .............I can't believe this game has been abandoned (No downloads since april 9th, have not been actively working on this since the 10th of april.) ..........

After playing a few Final Fantasy games and playing Chrono Trigger and the Secrets game, I would love to turn this into a more Square quality game. But something besides School and my interest in Nintendo games fading away is pushing me away from continuing this............... And I don't know why I just don't feel like doing this anymore.........
    If I start actively commenting about this like I did before, I am gonna have more drama put into me and that will cause me to not put up with this anymore.

(I feel like I am talking to myself at this point)

But then again, it's been metaphorically abandoned since day 1 of its release.

Olra-Wolfry

Is actually a computer monkey.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    Well, not to be too harsh, but the game doesn't feel like it has any effort just by looking at the screenshots, thus nobody's gonna support it.

Could you try making the sprites bigger at least? Would make it a bit more presentable and easier to play.

Minun172

Years
  • Looking back at it, yes the screenshots makes the game seem small but I recall the battle having dynamic zooming. I could also make the overworld stuff zoomed in with a basic plugin.

And it has no effort? Thats Is pretty harsh considering even considering I broke a few limits here and there.

Olra-Wolfry

Is actually a computer monkey.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    Looking back at it, yes the screenshots makes the game seem small but I recall the battle having dynamic zooming. I could also make the overworld stuff zoomed in with a basic plugin.

And it has no effort? Thats Is pretty harsh considering even considering I broke a few limits here and there.

Well yeah, but a game is all about looking presentable. While the graphics thing is not true for some games (Some famous examples include the famous/infamous Undertale, Minecraft, some famous flash games, etc.), it's usually about presentation for fangames.
    Maybe put in that plugin, yeah. It looks promising, and I love the PMD series, but i'll give one pointer; Please don't mix RPG Maker tiles with Pokemon tiles, it doesn't look too good.

Hope this helps, and please don't give up on the game.

Back