• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia [SU/OOC][T]

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I guess that's up to us. According to Alex, the first person who acknowledges the speech means that the socializing beforehand effectively ends.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I think there should be a bit of socializing first because I want Ari to talk to Marcus and others while the mood is a bit lighter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
*acknowledges the speech right away because he was with Nova the whole time*

I mean what..? So is there going to be like socializing after the speech or before the speech? or both?

Both, it's mostly up to you guys. I was going to go straight with the reactions to the speech but since Marcus and some other characters have so much to get done at the ball, I thought it'd be best to have some time whilst the mood's lighter to get that done. There's no reason people can't go up to Aerous and talk to him though :3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I've a few questions, if you'd be so kind as to answer them, Ozzy.

Will contracting a new person with The World stop the Wheel of Fortune, or does it require a Card-Holder's death?

What happens if the person holding The World dies while still holding it?

What happens if the person who possesses the Wheel of Fortune dies, while it's turning?

Is it possible to force somebody to surrender their power to the Wheel of Fortune, or does it have to be willing?

Would it be possible for one of the three with an extra Arcana Card (I believe you mentioned this in the Intro post) to just surrender their extra to the Wheel?

I realize most of these are probably in-game lore secrets, but it's worth a shot.

Khawill

<3
Years
I'm up for interaction considering I've left my character open. Before anyone interacts with me, I have to get yelled at by SuperVegeta's character.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Of course there will be socializing after the announcement. I'm just suggesting that we have just a little time for socializing before, before we divulge into the whole "One of y'all gonna die" situation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My apologies, I forget that people haven't watched the anime haha. I'll clear up the issues with the announcement :)

Will contracting a new person with The World stop the Wheel of Fortune, or does it require a Card-Holder's death?
Essentially they'd become nothing but the shell of a person. They wouldn't necessarily die, but they would be stripped of all memories and emotions becoming something of a walking husk until they do die from the lack of life force. All Famiglia members are aware of this and know the risk associated with it. There is a way to regain the person's life force... but that's for you guys to work out if it comes to it. n.n

What happens if the person holding The World dies while still holding it?
Simply put, all Arcana contracts are broken. Everyone loses their contract/power and humanity would have to wait for the Tarocca (collective name for the cards) to appear again and allow themselves to be contracted again.

What happens if the person who possesses the Wheel of Fortune dies, while it's turning?
That's... a really good question paha. Honestly, I have no idea! For the sake of the RP, we'll say that if she dies whilst it's turning then it effectively counts as the wheel stopped on whoever it was on at the time of death.

Is it possible to force somebody to surrender their power to the Wheel of Fortune, or does it have to be willing?
Only The World (Nova or the next Papa) has the power to break the contracts, so only the Papa at the time would be able to carry out the process. So effectively yes, it would be possible to force someone to surrender their life force to stop the wheel, but only if the Papa at the time agrees to do it. This is the reason that the winner of the tournament (aka the new Papa) is burdened with the task of choosing who's contract is broken.

Would it be possible for one of the three with an extra Arcana Card (I believe you mentioned this in the Intro post) to just surrender their extra to the Wheel?
Hopefully the explanation further up explains why they can't just like anyone else :)

From PM said:
Would it be possible for a player character to sacrifice themselves?
It would indeed. It's up to you guys to decide if any of you want to make a sacrifice, if you want to wait for the tournament or if you want to try and find an alternative method of fixing the problem, but there'll be consequences for each. If someone is to sacrifice themselves then you'll all be burdened with the task of regaining their life force before they die; if it is decided at the tournament then the winner will have to choose someone to have this fate cast upon them but they could choose a more suitable candidate with more chance of survival; and as for finding other ways, if there's a genuinely coherent method that you guys come across of stopping the wheel without a contract breaking then I'm happy to accept it, it's up to you to think of it though haha. There's one other way I can think of at the moment, but that's for you to work out. You'll all be deciding the future of the RP through your actions n.n

Hopefully that's everything answered, just say if there's any more questions! One thing I would say is that the characters' attentions will soon be drawn elsewhere so there's no need to think too deeply about sacrifices and stuff just yet unless you have a strong desire to stop it right away. :3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I have just a few more. :P

Does The World need to be close to a card-holder to break their contract? If not, why doesn't he just sacrifice Moreno's contract?

What will the tournament involve, exactly?

Since the strain on Nova is caused by conflicting emotions within the cards, could this theoretically be stopped by reclaiming The Devil from Moreno?

And, just for fun: Do the Arcana Marks actually represent anything? Could one, for example, cut off somebody's and graft it on to a cat or something? What would that accomplish?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have a question too!!

Speaking of animals, would it be at all possible to contract a card, since there are two remaining, to a goldfish or an animal of somesort and make them give their life? d: or perhaps an elderly person on their death bed?

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I can only guess that he wont allow for any sort of loophole to exist so that we're forced to turn on each other or have one of our characters be DA HERUU.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
So I got around to posting. Hope everything is fine with it. I kind of just put my getting to the ball post along with my "in the ball" post. If anyone wants to interact with Flint (I know it will be a terrible experience), go ahead and I will see what terrible things Flint will do to you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Does The World need to be close to a card-holder to break their contract? If not, why doesn't he just sacrifice Moreno's contract?
Both parties have to be willing to break the contract since the contract 'belongs' to the card holder. Essentially the card holder has the key, The World just leads them to the right door to use it on. crappy metaphors are the best <3 It would be possible for The World to overthrow this as ultimately they do have control over each contract, but the power needed to break Moreno's contract without him being willing would be huge and Nova would certainly not be capable of it in his current form.

What will the tournament involve, exactly?
Fighting, and lots of it! Essentially it's a series of one-on-one matches of first person to incapacitate the other (obviously breaking bones and stuff is not allowed on other Famiglia members) or get them in a fatal position (ie sword to their neck with no way out), or if the two players fighting can't decide who will win then the matches are also timed so I'll decide the outcome based on the posts made :3 This wouldn't be happening for a long while yet though and it'll be explained in detail nearer the time :)

Since the strain on Nova is caused by conflicting emotions within the cards, could this theoretically be stopped by reclaiming The Devil from Moreno?
It would help enormously. Remember who the main enemy of the RP is and without giving too much away, you can imagine what the family would want to do about it :)

And, just for fun: Do the Arcana Marks actually represent anything? Could one, for example, cut off somebody's and graft it on to a cat or something? What would that accomplish?
It'd give you a traumatised cat with a hunk of flesh sewn to it's back :3 The marks don't hold the contract or anything, they're just symbols which happen to form when the contract is made. Each mark is specific to each card and they glow when the power is being activated, but they're more just for show than anything else. That's not to say they won't become important later on :)

I have a question too!!

Speaking of animals, would it be at all possible to contract a card, since there are two remaining, to a goldfish or an animal of somesort and make them give their life? d: or perhaps an elderly person on their death bed?
Animals aren't able to be contracted since they can't feel the same kind of emotions as humans and the contracts are based on emotions :3 And as for contracting a card to an already dying person, both them and Nova would have to be strong enough to make the contract in the first place and the risk of giving a random person the powers of an arcana card would be very difficult to justify to Nova. It's not completely out of the question, but he'd need a lot of convincing and there'd have to be a way of enabling both parties (a dying person and a weak, frail Nova) to have enough energy to form the contract. It's doable, but I certainly couldn't imagine how you'd go about it haha. Although if you do propose some good arguments to Nova he'll certainly think about it!

How about we just force the person who has the wheel to give up the power, wouldnt that solve the problem?
Force Nova to completely drain his own wife's life force...? I'm not sure he'd be up for that haha. Though when a new Papa takes over it's completely up to them as to who's contract is to be broken, so there's nothing stopping them from choosing Felicita, but it's quite unlikely since she's old and therefore much less likely to survive than other characters (if you can think of a way to restore them n.n I'll give hints nearer the time haha).

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I decided that instead of making a series of posts to get a chance to interact with you all, I will make one extremely long uber-collaborative joint post with as many of you as I can get. PM, VM, or let me know here if you're interested. Most likely this will target people under Swords, members of the Telarius family, and anyone else that might be interested. So basically everyone

But this may very well totally go to sh** because of how scrambled it will get. I'm willing to try anyways. Because I'm me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Fighting, and lots of it! Essentially it's a series of one-on-one matches of first person to incapacitate the other (obviously breaking bones and stuff is not allowed on other Famiglia members) or get them in a fatal position (ie sword to their neck with no way out), or if the two players fighting can't decide who will win then the matches are also timed so I'll decide the outcome based on the posts made :3 This wouldn't be happening for a long while yet though and it'll be explained in detail nearer the time :)
That...is the worst system of government ever. Of all time.

@SuperVegetable: How would that work, exactly? Mini-posts in PMs that are all put into one big post? Wouldn't it be the same thing, and easier, to just do it in the IC itself?

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
@SuperVegetable: How would that work, exactly? Mini-posts in PMs that are all put into one big post? Wouldn't it be the same thing, and easier, to just do it in the IC itself?
I was sort of thinking the same thing. It might just be quicker to have a post where members of Sword can react to instead of having us have a conglomerate post, even if it's unusually short. Naturally, since Marcus asked for the Swords to attend early to act as ball security, he would be there first so he can direct the others as to what they'll be doing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
That...is the worst system of government ever. Of all time.
Can't say I disagree with you here haha. But you need to think of it as more than a government - the person in charge of the family has the contract with The World and only someone with exceptionally skilful control over their emotions would be viable to contract that card, and since the tournament will be testing each member's arcana powers and therefore their power over their emotions, it's a somewhat decent way of deciding who really is the most suitable candidate. Also in terms of running the island, that more comes down to the sector leaders anyway haha. We just won't be delving into that side of it for a while yet in the RP since everything's running smoothly on the island for now. So yeah, it's not such a bad thing :)

That'd lead to Marcus having to converse with multiple people at once, each of which posting their own individual posts, and everything would get really confusing and the focus of the night would certainly be drawn largely on him... I prefer the PM idea that Supervegeta said originally but it's up to you guys :3

Back