• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What are you naming the protagonist?

Years
  • The VC releases are almost here! What are you naming the protagonist? (This can count for the original and VC versions)

I'll probably just name him Alex, as that's the name I use for every protagonist. (My rl name)

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Corey, of course. Will likely name the rival Silver, just to keep things traditional.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I am actually debating on this. We've all made mistakes in our first (few) Pokémon games; in this game, my mistake was not counting the amount of space for my name, and writing my entire name save for the last letter. It steel feels ridiculous remembering. ._. However, because I'm intending to keep this playthrough as authentic as possible, I don't know if I should go back to that name or not. I got a few more hours to think...

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • I always named myself MaSter. My rival was always Darkin. The days when you got to name your rivals. I can't wait.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Like with every video game with a nameable protagonist, I'll name my character Khaozz.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Weeeellll it felt weird naming myself Rika when I can't play as a girl ); so I named him ROCCO. Close enough!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I went with Forever. :) The most suitable name honestly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    In my current game, I named the protagonist after myself, too. (And I named the rival Chad.)

Back