• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Puzzle] Who's That Pokémon? (Week 45) - FINISHED

How difficult was this puzzle for you?

• Too easy

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Somewhat easy

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • About average

• Somewhat hard

• Way too hard

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • No puzzle can elude me! B)

I would totally taunt you with Skorupi right now, but... even that one couldn't escape your clutches. :p Hmm, fine then.

Spoiler: This one is just for you! :D

UPDATE: Hi everyone, this contest is officially over! Please click here to access the Main Thread of "Who's That Pokémon" for further updates!​

bCSP0Yo.png

Bonus Puzzle #1 - Trembling Trivia

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our first bonus round of PokéTrivia's "Who's That Pokémon" contest! For this particular puzzle, I have assembled a set of trivial facts about a certain "mystery" Pokémon, and it is up to you to try and identify which Pokémon I'm describing. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Guess which Pokémon the clue is describing!
    • The clue is a set of trivial facts about the "mystery" Pokémon, all based on information from Bulbapedia. However, some of the facts might be made less specific for the purpose of making the puzzle a bit more challenging.
    • Send Revise Librarian a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want, but only your final answer will count!
    • I DON'T CARE if you post answers in this thread - this puzzle is already old!
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers whenever you want if you want them to count! Oh, wait. They WON'T count either way. :P

Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from accumulating points by guessing puzzles correctly. (Hover over the emblems for descriptions!)

[A pat on the back... what, were you expecting an emblem? :D]​

Point Value: This puzzle will be worth zero points on the rankings.

Clue - Trembling Trivia

Mega Pokémon will NOT be included as possible answers in this round!

What we know about the "mystery" Pokémon...

• This Pokémon is shorter than 4 feet in height, but is heavier than 50 pounds (lbs.) in weight.

• This Pokémon has two type immunities. In other words, it is unaffected by moves of two certain types.

• This Pokémon learns only two Fighting-type moves by leveling up (as of Generation VI).

• This Pokémon can learn the move "U-turn" by using a TM.

• This Pokémon has a "savage" personality, according to one of its PokéDex entries.

• This Pokémon is owned by an important character in the anime.

• This Pokémon has 9 letters in its name.

Who is this Pokémon?

Good luck, Clover! Feel free to discuss the puzzle in this thread (or in the main thread)! I added a poll to this thread (WAIT, NO I DIDN'T) to get an idea of its general difficulty level, so I would appreciate it if you gave your opinion! (All votes are anonymous, so there's no need to be shy!) ^^

Don't spend more than 5 minutes on this one haha, because it's an old puzzle and the answer is already in the Main Thread. xP Also, it's worth zero points, but you can pat yourself on the back if you solve it. :D

Here's the answer if you're stumped! Have fun :3
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8924438#post8924438

@Everyone else, please ignore this post. ^-^

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I would totally taunt you with Skorupi right now, but... even that one couldn't escape your clutches. :p Hmm, fine then.

Spoiler: This one is just for you! :D

UPDATE: Hi everyone, this contest is officially over! Please click here to access the Main Thread of "Who's That Pokémon" for further updates!​

bCSP0Yo.png

Bonus Puzzle #1 - Trembling Trivia

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our first bonus round of PokéTrivia's "Who's That Pokémon" contest! For this particular puzzle, I have assembled a set of trivial facts about a certain "mystery" Pokémon, and it is up to you to try and identify which Pokémon I'm describing. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Guess which Pokémon the clue is describing!
    • The clue is a set of trivial facts about the "mystery" Pokémon, all based on information from Bulbapedia. However, some of the facts might be made less specific for the purpose of making the puzzle a bit more challenging.
    • Send Revise Librarian a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want, but only your final answer will count!
    • I DON'T CARE if you post answers in this thread - this puzzle is already old!
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers whenever you want if you want them to count! Oh, wait. They WON'T count either way. :P

Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from accumulating points by guessing puzzles correctly. (Hover over the emblems for descriptions!)

[A pat on the back... what, were you expecting an emblem? :D]​

Point Value: This puzzle will be worth zero points on the rankings.

Clue - Trembling Trivia

Mega Pokémon will NOT be included as possible answers in this round!

What we know about the "mystery" Pokémon...

• This Pokémon is shorter than 4 feet in height, but is heavier than 50 pounds (lbs.) in weight.

• This Pokémon has two type immunities. In other words, it is unaffected by moves of two certain types.

• This Pokémon learns only two Fighting-type moves by leveling up (as of Generation VI).

• This Pokémon can learn the move "U-turn" by using a TM.

• This Pokémon has a "savage" personality, according to one of its PokéDex entries.

• This Pokémon is owned by an important character in the anime.

• This Pokémon has 9 letters in its name.

Who is this Pokémon?

Good luck, Clover! Feel free to discuss the puzzle in this thread (or in the main thread)! I added a poll to this thread (WAIT, NO I DIDN'T) to get an idea of its general difficulty level, so I would appreciate it if you gave your opinion! (All votes are anonymous, so there's no need to be shy!) ^^

Don't spend more than 5 minutes on this one haha, because it's an old puzzle and the answer is already in the Main Thread. xP Also, it's worth zero points, but you can pat yourself on the back if you solve it. :D

Here's the answer if you're stumped! Have fun :3
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8924438#post8924438

@Everyone else, please ignore this post. ^-^

I'll admit that it took me a little bit longer than five minutes, but I was a good sport and promise I didn't check the link. :D

398.gif
    Staraptor is an awesome Pokemon and probably my favourite out of the birds (alongside Talonflame for his neat design, and besides Articuno of course). I should totally earn an emblem for this you cheapskate. :D

Meadow

Years
  • May I say that I really like the poll results? xD
    Spoiler:

OMG IT FINALLY HAPPENED! xD

I'll admit that it took me a little bit longer than five minutes, but I was a good sport and promise I didn't check the link. :D

398.gif
    Staraptor is an awesome Pokemon and probably my favourite out of the birds (alongside Talonflame for his neat design, and besides Articuno of course).

KW79Yzc.gif

Yippeeee! Nice job :D

(And YES, I totally adore those birds. :3)

I should totally earn an emblem for this you cheapskate. :D

Hmm... okay, wish granted. :D

NONONO
    No-emblem.gif

"Stop asking or this is the last emblem you'll get."​

Spoiler:

Omggggg I'm so sorry! I haven't felt this immature mischievous in a preeetty long time, haha. But I can totally remove that emblem for you if you want! xD
    (Also, you joined in 2012 and you don't have the Veteran's thingy yet? Let me fix that for you! ^-^)

Meadow

Years
  • Hyzenthlay

Years
  • Cool, two pages? :o That's a nice change!

I wish all WTP threads were this fun, bwahaha. 8D

EDIT: Oh, crap! I just broke Rule #2 of Pokémon Trivia! *sigh*

...Well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

Spoiler:

Wow I didn't realise I had such manipulation abilities. :D Saves me from having to chase up that Veteran emblem, ehehehe. Thanks again! (You silly goose.)

CharmedGardy said:
    I was outright stumped on last week's 'Who's that Pokemon' but I think I know this one.

That seems to be the case for a lot of people! I naturally guessed it straight away, so last week was quite easy for me. :p

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I wish all WTP threads were this fun, bwahaha. 8D

EDIT: Oh, crap! I just broke Rule #2 of Pokémon Trivia! *sigh*

You wished? Granted, but it's pink!

Spoiler:

Meadow

Years
  • ...Well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! What if I wished that all WTP threads weren't as fun as this one? Would that undo my last wish, or would things only get worse? *sobbing*

Wow I didn't realise I had such manipulation abilities. :D Saves me from having to chase up that Veteran emblem, ehehehe. Thanks again! (You silly goose.)

YRvnfmp.gif

H-how dare you? How dare you manipulate me even though you had the option to ask nicely at the Community Feedback & Support thread? D:

*whines and pouts*

Spoiler:

WHAT OMG HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT?! Am I on shrooms, or...? xD

I'm telling Sven to hunt you down. :D

Guardian said:
    ^Look what Lycan did...

Hyzenthlay

Years
  • WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! What if I wished that all WTP threads weren't as fun as this one? Would that undo my last wish, or would things only get worse? *sobbing*

Well, in any case, looks like it's gonna have to be Pinkémon from here on out! :D
    Spoiler:

H-how dare you? How dare you manipulate me even though you had the option to ask nicely at the Community Feedback & Support thread? D:

*whines and pouts*

I wonder if he knows that I'm actually a Grumpig...

tumblr_nk6ojtVavK1rd4ymxo1_500.gif

Spoiler:

Brilliant. xD

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! What if I wished that all WTP threads weren't as fun as this one? Would that undo my last wish, or would things only get worse? *sobbing*

My expectation is that that wish instead would be granted (and pink).

POKÉTRIVIA MAGIC! So yes, definitely shrooms. xD

Wait, give me some time to find a shiny assassin Dragonair to hire then, okay? :)

Years

YRvnfmp.gif

*whines and pouts*

It's ok, not mad at all. What? This ice cream? Oh nothing wrong with it. Its so good Im about to force lycan to try some. What do you mean you saw my Seviper, Arbok, Drapion and Nidoking spitting something into it all at once? That never happened lol.
    So where's Lycan, gotta forc...I mean, give him this delicious ice cream!

Meadow

Years
  • I wonder if he knows that I'm actually a Grumpig...

tumblr_nk6ojtVavK1rd4ymxo1_500.gif

Dear, me. If you're really a Grumpig, that just shows how much I suck for getting manipulated. >.<

Seriously, have you seen XY061?! The Grumpig in that episode got manipulated so easily by Jessie and James, of all people... and in a pretty goofy way. too. D:

*activates Sven repellent system*
    mjk6pRJ.gif

Not enough Dragonair!

wtQSA3s.png

Meadow

Years
  • Hi guys, just a quick reminder that you have about one day left (as of this post) to submit your final answers! Best of luck to you all! ^-^

- Revise

Meadow

Years
  • Alright everyone, are you ready for the moment of truth? This week's contest is officially over, so it's time to reveal the answer...

LFqduQ4.png

Emboar!

Specifically the ring on its arm! Congratulations to everyone who guessed it correctly! Now let's give a round of applause to the following participants...

This week's winners:
    Hikamaru
    Clover
    WriterRaven
    Otamajakushi
    Mewtwolover
    CharmedGardy
    Lycanthropy
    Caite-chan
    Spoonette

(Please let me know if I accidentally missed your name on the list of winners! If so, I'll be sure to double-check my inbox and get everything sorted for you!)

Overall, this puzzle seemed to be noticeably harder (according to a lot of you), though the poll results were preeeetty interesting, to say the least. This image basically sums it up for me. xD

w11ShN9.png

I'm aware that not everyone voted on the poll, but I still find it pretty amusing that the results are perfectly symmetrical, haha. And that means despite the difficulty, there were still a few of you who didn't have too much trouble with this one. :P Anyway, stay tuned for Weekly Puzzle #46, which should already be up right now! I'll get to the scores and emblems as soon as possible, so hang on tight!

Be sure to keep track of the Main Thread (linked here), because that's where you can find any important updates regarding WTP! For now, feel free to discuss this week's puzzle (or anything WTP-related) in the Main Thread! See ya later, everyone! ^.^

Back