• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Is let’s go pikachu and let’s go eevee overrated?

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
  • I believe the two games are a bit overrated for a few reasons.

1. Not much new content. Other than meltan the game doesn't have much.

2. Remake. It's just a 3D remake of kanto

3. It's pretty expensive. Fifty dollars for a remake of kanto. What the heck.

Just wondering if any of you have any beef with the games

Or what are your reasons they are overrated?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly with how much I hear about them not being that great of games / clearly being side games despite what Game Freak says I wouldn't really call them overrated. But maybe I'm just not looking in the right places haha.

They're okay games. I had a lot of fun playing Let's Go Pikachu! And yes, it's another Kanto but really the last Kanto games were quite a while ago we just think it's "oh no another kanto" because of our age. Kanto can still be a fun experience for people who haven't played every installment of it, only had played kanto, or has never played Kanto at all. Perhaps that's why people are rating it highly in some areas while others are considering it overrated.

Really, just like every other game in the franchise, it can be quite subjective and opinions depend on what audience you're asking.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • No, they are not overrated. Actually, it seems like you are just saying that because you don't like it? In that case, just say you found it dissappointing or something.

Years
  • overrated? hell naw. this is like the new pokemon black & white (even though black & white are actually good games) among fans. asked friends online about their opinions about the game and the most i could get is "very interesting"

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
    Years
  • No, they are not overrated. Actually, it seems like you are just saying that because you don't like it? In that case, just say you found it dissappointing or something.

It's just not everything is 100% perfect.

I also bring this up because Pokémon games tend to be repetitive or some are just remakes of old games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I know, right? Every other Pokemon game has had a launch price of $40 and not $60, which I find sad.
    Prices depend on a range of things though. Home consoles (and the Switch is treated as one) often have pricer games than handheld. Switch is also brand new unlike the 3ds - you'd expect games to be a bit cheaper on the latter. And then there's inflation over the years - games were cheaper generations back compared to SM, for example.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Overrated? Nope, I think it's quite underrated, or at least neutral.

To be honest, I am loving Let's Go, Pikachu. The music, the graphics and the overall comfy feel to it.

If it's a "filler" game, then they did a good job.

Back