• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen most underrated 3rd gen pokes

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2014
    to start i'll say breloom and castform, NO-ONE seems to use poor castform

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Slaking.

Because of his first form and last evolution's ability, Truant, most people don't even bother to try and train him. But if we look at his BST, he has better stats than some legendary Pokemon. So training him might be hard, but in the end, it's totally worth it.

KantoSwag

Kanto Wanderer
    Years
  • to start i'll say breloom and castform, NO-ONE seems to use poor castform

I've seen Breloom being used in tournaments, in the VGC to be exact

IMO I think the most underrated would have to be Dusclops, I've fought my bro with one and knocked out 2 or 6 of his haxxed final evolutions. Dusclops is a great wall and stalls pretty well

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • Was gonna say, I've used Breloom a number of times when restarting RSE, it's awesome. Also agree that Slaking is underrated, though I still don't think I'd ever bother to train one myself. Meh.

Yeah I've used Breloom a couple times he's on my Emerald team, Lv.62 like everyone else xD
    And yeah like Breezy, Slaking is underrated but I've never trained one xD

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    This bro right here
    336.gif

Years
  • Manectric.

It looks badass, has good Speed and Special Attack, but it's sadly overlooked in favor of other Electrics.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Breloom is a good Pokémon.

Manectric is my go-to Electric Pokémon in RSE. It's the only decent Electric Pokémon in the game! Magneton sucks, sadly.

I don't see people using Walrein much, it's a great Pokémon for a playthrough since it's resilient and has good typing.

Pothus

The Necromancer
    Years
  • FR/LG: Jynx/Mr. Mime

They're both Psychic and both REALLY easy to train due to the fact you need to trade someone to obtain them.

Their only flaw is their base HP. It ranges between 90-140 MAX when level 45-55.

Years
  • I would have to say that Tropius is one of the more underrated Pokemon of the 3rd gen. Most people (myself included), used Tropius as an HM slave, just because it was able to learn a majority of the HM moves, and was easily accessible at about the mid-point of the game. It actually has a pretty decent movepool, though, and has the same base stats as Breloom (who's been mentioned a few times already in this thread).

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I would have to say that Tropius is one of the more underrated Pokemon of the 3rd gen. Most people (myself included), used Tropius as an HM slave, just because it was able to learn a majority of the HM moves, and was easily accessible at about the mid-point of the game. It actually has a pretty decent movepool, though, and has the same base stats as Breloom (who's been mentioned a few times already in this thread).

I want to try using Tropius now! But I've already got a Shroomish on the Emerald rerun. Not sure if Manectric is as underrated as some - I've always seen it as quite a useful team member.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Slaking is really brutal. His overall base stats with Attack being 160 makes Whitney's Miltank look like a Magikarp.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2013
    Slaking is really brutal. His overall base stats with Attack being 160 makes Whitney's Miltank look like a Magikarp.

Choice Band Slaking hurts like a mofo; you have to be like Swami with your predictions though.

Brendino said:
    [Tropius] actually has a pretty decent movepool, though, and has the same base stats as Breloom (who's been mentioned a few times already in this thread).

The problem with Tropius is that it doesn't have Spore to set up with and its Grass/Flying typing is weaker overall than Breloom's Grass/Fighting.

Back