• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unown Text Tablet

Years
Hello everyone!

Here is my first and simple script made by me and i don't want credits for this, i only want to help to improve pokemon essentials by expanding it with other features.

How to install:

Put this script above MAIN;
Put the required graphics in GRAPHICS/PICTURES folder.

Call with: Unown.show("your text here").

Note: The download contains the required graphics and this script.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?y33v9701fyrh8ue

unown_10.png

Script:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey, this is a pretty good script... I like it, well done! Question, which is bugging me... What have you written on the tablet? I don't have a clue, my mind has gone blank lol.

Hoooooooever... The way you've put the script is useless on many parts... I would hate to edit that script in the fact it's untidy, unreadable and most parts will be broken on here too, so probably will have to use the printable version, please note that for those that don't know... Also, use the CODE tags with all codes... It's much better.

Hey, this is a pretty good script... I like it, well done! Question, which is bugging me... What have you written on the tablet? I don't have a clue, my mind has gone blank lol.

Hoooooooever... The way you've put the script is useless on many parts... I would hate to edit that script in the fact it's untidy, unreadable and most parts will be broken on here too, so probably will have to use the printable version, please note that for those that don't know... Also, use the CODE tags with all codes... It's much better.

Years
Thanks, I'm new here and I still learning how to make scripts like this, you can modify it yourself if you want. I don't need credits for this. Other thing, i tested it in my game and it works perfectly. The tablet says: tanoby key.

Years
Thanks, I'm new here and I still learning how to make scripts like this, you can modify it yourself if you want. I don't need credits for this. Other thing, i tested it in my game and it works perfectly. The tablet says: tanoby key.

Here, I made it much easier to read. Also, a suggestion: the background file, padding, etc should be defined in the initialization of the class, and able to be user defined through the script call. It can have a default, but people may want to display this on different backgrounds throughout their game, and as is this only allows for 1.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Interesting script! Some tips:

Rather that your big elsif, I suggest you to use the code

Code:
manufacturer << case char
   when "1" then "A"
   when "2" then "B"
   when "3" then "C"
   when "4" then "D"
   when "5" then "E"
   when "6" then "F"
   when "7" then "G"
   when "8" then "H"
   when "9" then "I"
   when "0" then "J"
   else char
end

And using constants with full caps is a pattern at several languages like Ruby ("FILEPREFIX" over "FilePrefix").

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Not a bad script man, it looks nice. My suggestion though, instead of having the full sprites appear, you could colour them into full black, and them reduce their transparency to like 50%. That way you wouldn't need any additional graphics (you can use the sprites present in the Battlers folder), but it'd look more like letter. Unless you prefer this look. Was just an idea.

Also, what I'd recommend, instead of making multiple new sprites, you can use the bitmap.blt function to draw the Unown letters directly onto the background bitmap. That way when manipulating and disposing the objects, you only have one to worry about.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
One small change I would suggest is make all the unown graphics have there own subfolder in pictures, to keep the pictures folder cleaner.
How to accomplish this:
Spoiler:

Btw this my first time posting code bits to pokecomuntity, so I hope I did it right :)

Last edited:
Years
One small change I would suggest is make all the unown graphics have there own subfolder in pictures, to keep the pictures folder cleaner.
How to accomplish this:
Spoiler:

Btw this my first time posting code bits to pokecomuntity, so I hope I did it right :)

Thanks for your advice. I'm not an expert in terms of programing. I only do small changes in scripts or in this case, i "imitate" an existing script like - Braille tablet script.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Bug: This won't work on encrypted game.

I fixed changing 'FileTest.image_exist?(file)' to 'pbResolveBitmap(file)' and '@sprites["letter#{i}"].setBitmap(file)' to '@sprites["letter#{i}"].setBitmap(pbResolveBitmap(file))'.

Back