• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Resolute Version (Version 2.93 Released)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
I've just finished this rom hack, and I'd like to give my final opinions on it.

This rom hack has good potential to be a great one, but has the same problems Victory Fire had in terms of trainer levels, Pokemon info accuracy, flying disabilities, and those weird sound bits constantly heard in the music tracks. Fire Red could have been better used as the base rom instead of Emerald because more features could be used to make stuff like level farming and town flying easier. Using Fire Red, you could use the VS Seeker to farm levels, and, theoretically, you change the Sevii Islands maps (Islands 1-3 and 4-7 separately) to match Tyron and Johto. You could use the subways to travel from region to region, and you can freely fly from town to town within that region. Unfortunately, Emerald can't do this because it only contains one map while Fire Red has 3 maps (Kanto, Islands 1-3, Islands 4-7). Also, moving Pokemon animations and the PokeNav are great and all, but they serve little to no purpose in terms of gameplay.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
Hello :) anyone in need of a detailed walkthrough for this game? I've finally finished one that I had been working on. Here is the link to the Notepad doc:

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/aXcw6R4v/file.html

Like with my other walkthroughs, you are free to share this with others and post it to other sites which are better than Zippyshare. I hope it will be helpful.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Hello :) anyone in need of a detailed walkthrough for this game? I've finally finished one that I had been working on. Here is the link to the Notepad doc:

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/aXcw6R4v/file.html

Like with my other walkthroughs, you are free to share this with others and post it to other sites which are better than Zippyshare. I hope it will be helpful.

I needed that walkthrough more than I thought I did originally. I held back on playing the hack until this was available. It's so helpful and detailed, thank you so much.

Unfortunately the hack just blows in my opinion. I thought my biggest complaint would be the level curve, but with the game's difficulty unraveling as being very easy, I largely moved my angry energy away from that. It's still pretty grindy in the first region, but the trainers don't have perfect IVs or natures, so you can be underleveled and wipe the floor with these trainers, even the major ones like gym leaders and Team Mirage leaders.

When you beat the Sylon League, that's when the story tanked. A very sharp decline. I was lukewarm to the story for the most part. But then I beat the Champion and what my character does after that disgusted me. The rest of the game just went downhill from here. Bugs didn't help much, the fact you can only fly to 2 places in Tyron, you can't fly to Johto places at all since the region map doesn't exist, all of that just pile on this horrible foundation that is the story.

I thought I had something going with the Dark Rising comparison, because of the harsh level curve and the dark storytelling that is mostly unnatural and without true substance. Also, the illegal movesets major trainers have. Magmortar with Agility, really? Ninetales with Dark Pulse AND Psychic? None of these useful moves can be obtained on my end. Then again, the hack became embarrassingly easy that such a complaint was put on the backburner. I admit that my team is OP in nature: Metagross, Mega Alakazam, Mega Lucario (there's a loophole in the Mega Evolution system that allows you to have more than one Mega in your team), Zoroark, Magearna, and Keldeo. Still, it could've been harder. I think the level curve is blatantly so high to make up for the lack of max strength of trainers.

Anyway, I compare Resolute to Liquid Crystal, inasmuch that after a certain point, things become more tedious and easier. After Kanto, Liquid Crystal just became full of OC crap and tedious battles, with trainer sets that are just lazy and lack any real challenge. That's the vibe I get from Resolute, and combine that with a story that pisses me off constantly after the first Pokemon League victory, I find this hack overrated as Hell. I might have the most negative review of this hack ever, because most of the comments I read praise it, and complaints for the hack are on the level curve, bugs, and not so much the story. I just have different standards I guess, different opinions on what a ROMhack needs to do to impress me.

The only consistently good thing about the hack is the town designs, especially in Sylon and the Johto recreation being pleasing to look at. Tyron, having played Victory Fire, the Hoenn similarities are now way more obvious. I play Emerald hacks a lot, and I'm just used to the Hoenn map, and the FRLG maps for that matter. I can tell when map areas from vanilla games are copy/pasted and/or modified slightly to fit into a hack.

I put hacks that take place in a new region and with a new story under more scrutiny. I think because these games are presented as fresh and new adventures, an expression of creativity from the hacker, that they deserve to be judged in a stricter form. I love and can play quality-of-life hacks all day, I will never complain about the story. Those original Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh, they're mostly inoffensive. The most bare of stories there tend to not bother me. New stories that are self-serious, self-indulgent, and revels in being dark and edgy, those are more likely to raise my ire. Resolute checks those unfortunate boxes.

I can't wait to be done. I have Clair, the Johto League, other stuff to do. I would wait until I'm absolutely finished to type this review, but I got too tempted to air out these grievances.

As far as Mega Power and Nameless, I don't know. I definitely do not want to touch any part of this quadrilogy for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I needed that walkthrough more than I thought I did originally. I held back on playing the hack until this was available. It's so helpful and detailed, thank you so much.

Unfortunately the hack just blows in my opinion. I thought my biggest complaint would be the level curve, but with the game's difficulty unraveling as being very easy, I largely moved my angry energy away from that. It's still pretty grindy in the first region, but the trainers don't have perfect IVs or natures, so you can be underleveled and wipe the floor with these trainers, even the major ones like gym leaders and Team Mirage leaders.

When you beat the Sylon League, that's when the story tanked. A very sharp decline. I was lukewarm to the story for the most part. But then I beat the Champion and what my character does after that disgusted me. The rest of the game just went downhill from here. Bugs didn't help much, the fact you can only fly to 2 places in Tyron, you can't fly to Johto places at all since the region map doesn't exist, all of that just pile on this horrible foundation that is the story.

I thought I had something going with the Dark Rising comparison, because of the harsh level curve and the dark storytelling that is mostly unnatural and without true substance. Also, the illegal movesets major trainers have. Magmortar with Agility, really? Ninetales with Dark Pulse AND Psychic? None of these useful moves can be obtained on my end. Then again, the hack became embarrassingly easy that such a complaint was put on the backburner. I admit that my team is OP in nature: Metagross, Mega Alakazam, Mega Lucario (there's a loophole in the Mega Evolution system that allows you to have more than one Mega in your team), Zoroark, Magearna, and Keldeo. Still, it could've been harder. I think the level curve is blatantly so high to make up for the lack of max strength of trainers.

Anyway, I compare Resolute to Liquid Crystal, inasmuch that after a certain point, things become more tedious and easier. After Kanto, Liquid Crystal just became full of OC crap and tedious battles, with trainer sets that are just lazy and lack any real challenge. That's the vibe I get from Resolute, and combine that with a story that pisses me off constantly after the first Pokemon League victory, I find this hack overrated as Hell. I might have the most negative review of this hack ever, because most of the comments I read praise it, and complaints for the hack are on the level curve, bugs, and not so much the story. I just have different standards I guess, different opinions on what a ROMhack needs to do to impress me.

The only consistently good thing about the hack is the town designs, especially in Sylon and the Johto recreation being pleasing to look at. Tyron, having played Victory Fire, the Hoenn similarities are now way more obvious. I play Emerald hacks a lot, and I'm just used to the Hoenn map, and the FRLG maps for that matter. I can tell when map areas from vanilla games are copy/pasted and/or modified slightly to fit into a hack.

I put hacks that take place in a new region and with a new story under more scrutiny. I think because these games are presented as fresh and new adventures, an expression of creativity from the hacker, that they deserve to be judged in a stricter form. I love and can play quality-of-life hacks all day, I will never complain about the story. Those original Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh, they're mostly inoffensive. The most bare of stories there tend to not bother me. New stories that are self-serious, self-indulgent, and revels in being dark and edgy, those are more likely to raise my ire. Resolute checks those unfortunate boxes.

I can't wait to be done. I have Clair, the Johto League, other stuff to do. I would wait until I'm absolutely finished to type this review, but I got too tempted to air out these grievances.

As far as Mega Power and Nameless, I don't know. I definitely do not want to touch any part of this quadrilogy for the rest of the year.

I actually empathise with you on your points about Resolute. I oddly enjoyed the hack back when I was younger, but upon replaying it recently, I found it quite tedious. However, Nameless is honestly the most refined out of the previous 3 predecessors, especially if you dig a more open world approach which is coupled with options to play by the storyline. The dialogue text is so much better and is not riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. There are also some pretty dope mechanics like crafting items etc.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
I wasn't going to say anything, and still I'm not going to go into detail as it was my choice to keep playing, but I do think the game was a bit too ambitious. It should have stopped after the Tyron League. The Fly issue was disgusting. But the game was still excellent regardless. You can stop at any point. In G/S/C, nobody actually bothers with Kanto after their first or second playthrough, do they? Because Kanto is shit in those games. Actually, in this game, Johto is pretty decently fleshed out. Look at Pokemon Pyrite (the RPG Maker game). Psynergist just sort of gave up on the game and even the second half of the Kyushu Region was crappy. Johto was a goddamn disaster. People used to joke that the Kanto Region in G/S/C was hit with a nuke, but at least that nuke didn't eat away ENTIRE GODDAMN CITIES! Anyway, after the Sylon League, and certainly after the Tyron league, it did get tedious, but I respect the creator's choices. Victory Fire and Resolute is still on my Top 5 Romhacks, albeit together, not separately. Can't wait for Nameless to be put through the bugtest wringer.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Help? I've collected all 8 Johto badges, but when I talk Prof. Oak, he still tells me to come back when I get 8 Johto badges. Is this a bug?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021
I just cannot get over the fact how lazy this rom hack actually is. I'm halfway through the sylon league, but some of the errors or glitches is not forgivable. Like when team mirage says they have kidnapped prof. Avery in sylon academy, and when u vist his lab 2 blocks away, he's still chillin over there. The other one is whenever u caught a shiny , it's usually a bad egg in ur PC and nothing else. Kinda ruins the feauture in this game. And some of the dialogues are downright lame and childish, like the one with Coltress when you first meet him. I was like WTF he is trying to say? There are way too many grammatical mistakes in the dialogue, and the developer need to take it more seriously if you want us to take ur rom serious.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021
Oh and a few more bugs:
1. When we win the cedar gym and get the ability to surf and reach the solar city, and go to the forest at the east of the city wch has team mirage's hideout, you just see a flash of prof avery and a team mirage grunt wch then quickly disappears once we move our character, not a big deal but still a bug.
2. Once we defeat every team member in sylon academy and get the basement key from the vice leader, prof avery tells us we need to rescue elijah and meet me outside, and when we go to his lab, he is till thr with his old dialog. We just learned team mirage has kidnapped elijah and hiding in the city and yet prof avery's dialog doesnt change. Ummm... can we call this lazy?
And once we get to the hideout, prof avery is already inside even though we have the key to get inside. How dafuq did he get in?

These are some of the more lazy inconsistencies wch could ve been avoided.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021

I totally agree with you. This hack has a lot of issues, and overrated. The quality is equally important as quantity, and unfortunately this hack scores poorly in the former.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 21, 2022
How to you removed Rayquaza yollow glowing skin from your Resolute title screen?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
What are the base stats of vikavolt and mienshao? Because somehow my vikavolt is fast but doesn't hit as hard like in Sun and Moon and Mienshao is so strong and fast making speed boost obsolete and a waste of time every time I try to sweep. I am not overleveled. Actually I am pretty under leveled in my play through. Just done with Sylon league.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Serene Grace became Levitate on Togekiss. Levitate on a flying type. That's so weird. I was planning to cheat abit and give it dark pulse since there's no air slash.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I replayed and tried riolu and saw it can get an ability similar to huge power. That's broken man. If you can get sword dance later on and a priority move for faster threats. It's over.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
What are the base stats of vikavolt and mienshao? Because somehow my vikavolt is fast but doesn't hit as hard like in Sun and Moon and Mienshao is so strong and fast making speed boost obsolete and a waste of time every time I try to sweep. I am not overleveled. Actually I am pretty under leveled in my play through. Just done with Sylon league.

I'm not entirely sure, but I did notice that. Vikavolt has a much higher base Speed stat but a lower Sp. Attack stat than an actual Vikavolt. Sucked for me, as I specifically went after a Sassy Vikavolt and then got screwed over with the stat change. Oh well. It was still a fun game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I've compiled a doc which gives locations of hidden items, evolution changes, and a PokeDex. I've run into a few glitches in the Johto region, such as events being redone after loading a save file, as well as being unable to resurrect a fossil into Cranidos (I keep getting multiple Archens). Also I have no idea how to get Misdreavus, Shuckle, or Castform, and like Victory Fire I was unable to evolve Snorunt at all despite the advice in this thread. Help?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 19, 2021
What the game do i need to patch to patch rwsolute i have emerald(trashman) but it not compatible

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
The game was updated for fixing a great amount of glitches I couldn't ignore, because many of which can be gamebreaking, so I think one more update is needed. The following glitches were fixed in the new patch:
Entering the houses around Lake of Rage/in Mahogany Town no longer makes the game freeze.
Some Pokemon's types were fixed.
Two places which couldn't be accessed with Rock Climb can be accessed normally now.
Some movement errors.
Blue's OW was fixed.
Some evolution methods were fixed/changed.
Now you only need to win in each tournament of Battle Department for once instead of twice to unlock the Championship tournament.
Events resetting problem/Bad eggs should be taken out in Version 2.80, at least I'm 70% sure about that, but this fix makes the save file from older versions no longer work, this is why I made a Version 2.79 for those who wish to keep their old save file, which doesn't contain this fix, but the other fixed stuff still exist in that patch.

Download Link of the grammartical errors corrected Version 2.80(2/8/2021 update):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5fqrz4epsfxxizn/Pokemon+Resolute+Version+2.80+Final.rar/file

Also, the new patches come with an Exp. All patch, which was made for those people who wish to let their who team gain exp. points without switching Pokemon, this patch is the same one from Mega Power. It also works for Victory Fire, I think. Credits to BluRose for the turorial.
Here's the download link of the patch itself:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/otx10actydwex73/Exp_All_Patch.ips/file

Download Link of the grammartical errors corrected Version 2.79(2/8/2021 update, this one is for those who still wants to use the save file from the older version, which doesn't have the bad egg fix.):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/af0swgr8zwhdotg/Pokemon_Resolute_Version_2.79_Final.rar/file

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Sorry for the double post, but I think there's one more change I need to do to make patching much easier. I decided to make the Exp. All patch a in-game choice, you can decide on whether you use it or not in the game. There's a shrine which allows you to unlock the patch once you pay 4000 pokedollars.
Pokemon%2BResolute%2BVersion%2B2.81%2BFinal2.png

Credits to Samu from Whack a hack for the ASM Routine.

Download Link of the grammartical errors corrected Version 2.82(2/8/2021 update):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/o6v30jie9ntk36j/Pokemon+Resolute+Version+2.82+Final.rar/file
Version 2.82 is basically identical to V2.81, which only fixed some more minor glitches, like Castform cannot be found anywhere.

Last edited:
Back