• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Yu-Gi-Oh! Club

Years
4PvP4M6.png

Welcome to Yu-Gi-Oh! Club
Let this be sanctuary for every Duelist in the world. You can discuss everything YGO related, be it card game, anime or manga. Feel free to challenge anyone here to the duel.

Owner:
Janp

Members:
Epilogue
LadyJirachu
Flush'd
hirokimura
TYRyoShun
5qwerty
Squirrel
Bahamut
Leaf-11

Rules:
1. Don't be toxic or violent against other members or their playstyle.
2. Feel free to change topic to whatever you want.
3. Cyberdark Dragon is the best card.

Current club activity:
Discussing old archetypes (Galaxy-Eyes)

To join, you have to sent me all your cards and post here some kind of introduction post. You don't know what to say about yourself? Read my sign-up:

I'm Janp, but people prefer to call me Janp or John. I've been into YGO for a long time. I would say at least 15 years. I first got in touch with it on German's TV, where they were broadcasting Duelist Kingdom arc of the second season of the anime. I've watched few episodes - I remember it were Yugi vs Kaiba and Kaiba vs Pegasus duels and that episode where Mai got kidnap by ninjas. After that, it took me few years to get back to the anime and to the game - it was during the time that Synchros were introduced - I remember playing HERO Gate and Bubble Beat decks and then Dragunity's deck. Nowadays, I mostly play character or troll decks and haven't really got used to new mechanics.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
YESSSSSSSSSSS INTO THE VRAINS!! :D

Introduction:

You can just call me Revise! I was introduced to YGO when I was a kid, but I wasn't truly invested in the franchise until 2011 or so! I love both the anime and the TCG, though I must admit I haven't been keeping up with the metagame during these past two years. My favorite series from the anime are ZEXAL, 5D's, and VRAINS. (Seriously, I could talk about them all day!) As far as the game is concerned, I'd say I'm mainly a casual player nowadays. I'm currently focused on building a Cyberse deck, with some of my other favorite decks being Synchron, Sharks, Blackwing, Karakuri, and Yang Zing!

I'm super excited to see how this club will unfold! Also @Janp, you cannot have my cards... but if you insist, I suppose I can share a really old screenshot of one of my decks! Ignore the Side Deck, please. xD

Spoiler:

Members:
I'm sure Hyzenthlay will join...

B-But Janp... ;__;

Spoiler:

Years
I knew I forgot on someone XD

But I remember when Yang Zing were released and everyone was like: "OMG that's new type of Monster." I used them for a while but never really got used to their "Synchro Summon during opponent's turn" mechanic. I wish they made another Wyrm archetype.

And your deck reminds me of my spam Rank 4/ Synchro 8 deck which was mix of Jurrac and (Neo) Flamvell monsters. I could probably revive it and add Rank-Up cards to it. Thar could be interesting.

Meadow

Years
aaaaa I meant to reply to this sooner please forgive me ;__;

But I remember when Yang Zing were released and everyone was like: "OMG that's new type of Monster." I used them for a while but never really got used to their "Synchro Summon during opponent's turn" mechanic. I wish they made another Wyrm archetype.

Oh, I actually never used their effect to Synchro Summon during the opponent's turn, either. xD The main appeal of Yang Zings is how good they are at floating, haha. When any of them gets destroyed, you can keep replacing them with another Yang Zing from the deck! This is really helpful for preserving your field until you've set up a strategy against the opponent. It also helps that they've got a neat draw engine which helps recycle cards from the Graveyard, too. :D

Anyway, just figured I'd bring up a rather simple topic for now: What's your favorite card? ^_^

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'll join, I liked yu-gi-oh!, mainly the first season and 5Ds.

The opennings and endings to the first series are epic too xD

And the song 'your move!'

Pretty nostalgic stuff really.....remember when yu-gi-oh! was like a total fad like pokemon was?! It never reached pokemon's hight, but I did hear about yu-gi-oh! stuff a lot in the year 2004 lol I even used a yu-gi-oh themed name on my old forum, kind of (Jirachu "Millenium"Pika xD)

Years

The opennings and endings to the first series are epic too xD

And the song 'your move!'

Pretty nostalgic stuff really.....remember when yu-gi-oh! was like a total fad like pokemon was?! It never reached pokemon's hight, but I did hear about yu-gi-oh! stuff a lot in the year 2004 lol I even used a yu-gi-oh themed name on my old forum, kind of (Jirachu "Millenium"Pika xD)

Beware! There is a girl in our club! I mean welcome! "Your move" is a great song. But my favourite from the album is "I'm back"
giphy.webp

And yeah, YGO was pretty popular back in the days.

Anyway, just figured I'd bring up a rather simple topic for now: What's your favorite card? ^_^

Let me start with my favourite quote:
aaaaa I meant to reply to this sooner please forgive me ;__;

And my favourite card? I don't HONESTly know. There are so many of them. I love HERO's cards, but I don't think any of them would qualify to be my favourite of all the cards. So I decided to pick each card for Normal/Effect Monsters, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Spell and Trap card...

Effect Monster - Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
latest

One of the 1st decks that I made was Dragon Deck. I slapped Dragons that I knew from the anime and that looked cool into the deck, added Black Luster Soldier (The original Ritual one), added FGD in the Extra Deck and started playing. It wasn't optimal, but this card was great. It was also one of the staple cards for Dragon decks back in the day.

Fusion Monster - El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
latest

Shaddolls are probably the only meta deck that I really played and played it good. Shaddolls were fun with their FLIP effects and OP fusions. This cards isn't the best Shaddoll fusion, but I always found myself using it over Construct thanks to its defensive effects - it was the Nekroz era full of destructive effects. Heck while searching for this card, I found out that they made Link Monsters for Shaddolls. That could be interesting to try.

Synchro Monster - Red Nova Dragon
latest

Jack Atlas is my man crush. When Red Nova appeared in the anime, it was so cool moment. I love it.

Xyz Monster - Number C6: Chronomaly Chaos Atlandis¨
latest

Another love from the anime. One of my favourite duels from the Zexal is Trey vs Yuma. I've used Chronomaly for a while, before they received their own Chaos Numbers and O loved them. Their design the most. When I've seen this card, I felt like it's just to hard to pull out its effect to actually win with it. But I tried it and it worked. That reminds me of the Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo used my Trey's brother Quatro. Those were the fun times...

Spell - Super Polymerization
latest

Oh my sweet Dark Gaia OTK. And all those times using this to summon one of the Elemental HEROs using my opponents monster... Yeah, that's 2009 for you.

Trap - D.D. Dynamite
latest

Let me describe you my favourite troll deck. You stall and try to get 2 copies of this card, Grinder Golem and Inferno Tempest to your hand. You summon Grinder Golem for your opponent and smash it with one of the tokens you get, then activates Inferno Tempest, which trigger Necroface hidden in your deck. After that, activates D.D. Dynamite for the blast! Or just wait for your opponent next turn when he/she is without any cards left in their deck.

So that's my favourite cards. What are yours?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 27, 2022
helloooooo I'm back from the dead (or the GY, so to speak lol). I hosted the club a while back, nice to see it reinstated. I've been playing the TCG for awhile now, though my anime exposure is limited primarily to DM.

Favorite cards? Don't have like one that jumps out at me, I just like cards with nice artwork, tbh,
Spoiler:

Years
helloooooo I'm back from the dead (or the GY, so to speak lol). I hosted the club a while back, nice to see it reinstated. I've been playing the TCG for awhile now, though my anime exposure is limited primarily to DM.

Favorite cards? Don't have like one that jumps out at me, I just like cards with nice artwork, tbh,
Spoiler:

Hi, welcome! Have you played Vampires or Madolches? Or do you just like these cards' artwork?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 27, 2022
I've played both, though admittedly, Bram comes up probably once in like hundred duels or so. Vampires got a lot of cool new toys recently though, so I highly recommend the deck.

Madolche was always too bricky for me haha. But I still have the deck irl, in case I ever want to dust it off again.

Years
I should subscribe to this thread because I keep forgetting to check it often...

I've played both, though admittedly, Bram comes up probably once in like hundred duels or so. Vampires got a lot of cool new toys recently though, so I highly recommend the deck.

Madolche was always too bricky for me haha. But I still have the deck irl, in case I ever want to dust it off again.

Madolches always seemed as nice gimmicky deck to me, but I've never tried them. I've played Vampires when Grace, Kingdom and other support cards were released. I enjoyed using it and now I'm trying to build Vampire deck in Duel Links...

Speaking of Duel Links, are you guys playing it? I've participated in beta and didn't really like it, because it felt like nostalgia pandering and the game really lacked the cards. IIRC it had few Normal Monsters and bunch of bad Spell/Traps and the only working strategy to win was to get stronger Vanilla Monster equiped with better Equip Spell card before your opponent. I tried it again about a month ago and I must say I really love it. It combines new and old cards really well and some decks can really shine thanks to the Speed Duel rules. Right now, I have Inzektors deck, becuase they are in the same box as Vampire cards and while I was afraid that Inzektors would be nerfed thanks to above mentioned Speed Duel rules, they are doing well. Even with only one Centipede and not that great Spells or Traps, I'm still able to pull out 4000+ ATK beater that can attack directly on 2nd turn.

Also 5Ds were just announced for the Duel Links:

Meadow

Years

Ooh! Welcome, Jirachu! It's always great to see another 5D's fan around here. :D

THE LEGENDARY DUELIST RETURNS!! Welcome back, Flushed! ^_^ This club wouldn't be complete without you! I'm suuuuper late here, aren't I? xD

Do you still have your classic Raccoon deck, by any chance? ;D

Speaking of Duel Links, are you guys playing it? I've participated in beta and didn't really like it, because it felt like nostalgia pandering and the game really lacked the cards. IIRC it had few Normal Monsters and bunch of bad Spell/Traps and the only working strategy to win was to get stronger Vanilla Monster equiped with better Equip Spell card before your opponent. I tried it again about a month ago and I must say I really love it. It combines new and old cards really well and some decks can really shine thanks to the Speed Duel rules. Right now, I have Inzektors deck, becuase they are in the same box as Vampire cards and while I was afraid that Inzektors would be nerfed thanks to above mentioned Speed Duel rules, they are doing well. Even with only one Centipede and not that great Spells or Traps, I'm still able to pull out 4000+ ATK beater that can attack directly on 2nd turn.

Also 5Ds were just announced for the Duel Links:
Spoiler:

Aaaaaah, I still need to try out Duel Links! It's installed on my computer, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. xD Admittedly, I wasn't interested in Duel Links at first, but I told myself I would give it a try if they added content from the 5D's era (or later). And now it turns out they did, so that's pretty awesome! Hopefully I can dive into it when school isn't getting in the way. =)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 27, 2022
THE LEGENDARY DUELIST RETURNS!! Welcome back, Flushed! ^_^ This club wouldn't be complete without you! I'm suuuuper late here, aren't I? xD

Do you still have your classic Raccoon deck, by any chance? ;D

Aaaaaah, I still need to try out Duel Links! It's installed on my computer, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. xD Admittedly, I wasn't interested in Duel Links at first, but I told myself I would give it a try if they added content from the 5D's era (or later). And now it turns out they did, so that's pretty awesome! Hopefully I can dive into it when school isn't getting in the way. =)
I do have it still! And Rescue Cat got unbanned within the last year or so which really gives them a boost haha

And Duel Links is pretty fun! I played it for awhile, just got a bit tedious with all the other mobile games I'm playing lol

Years

I enjoy it so far in the last 2 months I've been playing it. But 5D's launch was disappointing. They really didn't released any good Tuner or even Synchro archetype in the 1st box (they tried with XX-Sabers and Blue-Eyes support), Signer Dragon are only available through Skill that's limited to each of the character - And that skill adds 2 copies of a Tuner monster relevant to the character to your deck, which makes them less consistent. For example, Yusei's skill will add Stardust Dragon and 2 Junk Synchrons to your deck. Signers Dragon will apparently be released later as Ultra Rares in new boxes - Stardust was the first one in the Synchro launching box. But back to the characters. They have lower max level that other characters (which means you'll get less rewards) and they didn't even release Jack.

But few days ago, Konami released new banlist, which killed or weakened almost every meta deck (except for Vampires), new Blue-Eyes Structure Deck and another Box containing Power Tool Dragon, Morphtronics, Vylons, Wind-Up and Scrap Archetypes as well as Buster Blader support. That Structure Deck made Blue-Eyes into meta deck used by the only true Blue-Eyes master SetoArkana. Why Arkana? Because there was Cosmo Brain in the Structure Deck and Arkana has a Skill that let him add 1 random Level 7 or higher DARK Spellcaster-Type monster to his starting hand. So you can imagine what happens when you only have one Spellcaster in deck. And that Spellcaster helps Normal Monsters...

With the rise of the Blue-Eyes, players also started using Buster Blader deck and Yubel deck (but she gets countered by Stardust that Blue-Eyes decks can bring out easily). There are also Gladiator Beasts, Masked HEROs, Spellcasters and Morphtronics right now. So you can see meta is in pretty interesting place right now.

Right now, there is Tetsu Trudge event going on. It will let you unlock Tetsu as playable character in 5D's world. He drops Goyo Chaser which is quite good generic Level 6 Synchro right now. He also has Skill that add Goyo Guardian and 2 Jutte Fighter to your deck.

Meadow

Years
I do have it still! And Rescue Cat got unbanned within the last year or so which really gives them a boost haha

And Duel Links is pretty fun! I played it for awhile, just got a bit tedious with all the other mobile games I'm playing lol

Ooh, nice! Haven't played against that deck in a while, haha. Out of curiosity, what made Rescue Cat banned in the first place again? I remember hearing about it a lot back then, but now I've completely forgotten. xD (But judging from its effect, I'd probably guess it was banned for Rank 3 Xyz-related reasons?)

I enjoy it so far in the last 2 months I've been playing it. But 5D's launch was disappointing. They really didn't released any good Tuner or even Synchro archetype in the 1st box (they tried with XX-Sabers and Blue-Eyes support), Signer Dragon are only available through Skill that's limited to each of the character - And that skill adds 2 copies of a Tuner monster relevant to the character to your deck, which makes them less consistent. For example, Yusei's skill will add Stardust Dragon and 2 Junk Synchrons to your deck. Signers Dragon will apparently be released later as Ultra Rares in new boxes - Stardust was the first one in the Synchro launching box. But back to the characters. They have lower max level that other characters (which means you'll get less rewards) and they didn't even release Jack.

But few days ago, Konami released new banlist, which killed or weakened almost every meta deck (except for Vampires), new Blue-Eyes Structure Deck and another Box containing Power Tool Dragon, Morphtronics, Vylons, Wind-Up and Scrap Archetypes as well as Buster Blader support. That Structure Deck made Blue-Eyes into meta deck used by the only true Blue-Eyes master SetoArkana. Why Arkana? Because there was Cosmo Brain in the Structure Deck and Arkana has a Skill that let him add 1 random Level 7 or higher DARK Spellcaster-Type monster to his starting hand. So you can imagine what happens when you only have one Spellcaster in deck. And that Spellcaster helps Normal Monsters...

With the rise of the Blue-Eyes, players also started using Buster Blader deck and Yubel deck (but she gets countered by Stardust that Blue-Eyes decks can bring out easily). There are also Gladiator Beasts, Masked HEROs, Spellcasters and Morphtronics right now. So you can see meta is in pretty interesting place right now.

Hmm, I see! Even then, I still might give it a shot though, if only because it's fun playing as the characters and hearing their dialogue, haha. I haven't done too much research on this game so far, but do you know if there's any sort of A.I. mode like most other YGO games? I think I'm more likely to play Duel Links casually rather than keep up with the meta. =/

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 27, 2022
I think it was Synchro era actually. Rescue Cat used to not be once a turn iirc, so you could like make pre-errata Brionac and bounce Premature Burial to reuse to keep using Cat

And Duel Links is actually 95% AI. There;s like player-vs player, but the majority of the game, at least when I played, was going through the overworlds and dueling the AI characters

Years
Like Flush said, it's 95 % AI. At the beginning, it's harder to beat the AI with the starter deck, because their power level increase really fast. But I found out that even with one of the older structure decks, you can win pretty easily.

I also find finishing decks not that hard, because you get a lot of gems as a new player. I just finished my Red-Eyes Fusion, Cyberdark and Aromage Synchro decks. I'm thinking about making Yubel mill deck too. And will probably build XX-Saber/Goyo deck for Tetsu.

Meadow

Years
I think it was Synchro era actually. Rescue Cat used to not be once a turn iirc, so you could like make pre-errata Brionac and bounce Premature Burial to reuse to keep using Cat

And Duel Links is actually 95% AI. There;s like player-vs player, but the majority of the game, at least when I played, was going through the overworlds and dueling the AI characters
Like Flush said, it's 95 % AI. At the beginning, it's harder to beat the AI with the starter deck, because their power level increase really fast. But I found out that even with one of the older structure decks, you can win pretty easily.

I also find finishing decks not that hard, because you get a lot of gems as a new player. I just finished my Red-Eyes Fusion, Cyberdark and Aromage Synchro decks. I'm thinking about making Yubel mill deck too. And will probably build XX-Saber/Goyo deck for Tetsu.

Ah! Thank you both for the clarification! In that case, I think I'm even more tempted to try out Duel Links now. :D

I'm hoping to build a decent Synchron Warrior deck if possible. They're my favorites!

Years
I'm hoping to build a decent Synchron Warrior deck if possible. They're my favorites!

Right now, there is only Junk Warrior, Junk Berserker and Gravity Warrior (If you count it) for Synchron deck. And only available Synchron is Junk Synchron and that's only through Yusei's Skill I mentioned in the post above. It's quite sad, because other Synchrons are in the game's data and AI Yusei uses them, but you can't get them. You can get Junk Structure Deck (that includes the Junk Warrior and Gravity Warrior, as well as Junk Anchor, Graceful Revival and Shapesister to name few good cards), but for Gems it's only available once, so unless you want to pay, you won't get much.

Sadly, they even fucked up Tetsu, because one of his Skills don't add Goyo Guardian to the Extra Deck, but replace your Extra Deck with 1 Goyo Guardian. They had nice story line about Tetsu investigating something, but it looks like they've drop it in the middle of the event.

But there should be Tabletop RPG event soon, which is combination of Yu-Gi-Oh and Dungeon Dice Monsters and was really great the last time. You use pre-made decks and move on the board, while also beating monsters in the dice roll battles. It had really bad rewards (Petit Angel, Mystical Sheep #2, Rare Fish, Fusionist and Dark Master - Zorc to name a few) but was still fun to play.

Anyway, I've had blast these last few days in the Duel Links. I finished my Cyber Dark deck to the point I can right now (I need Future Fusion and Cybernetic Fusion Support to make Summoning of Cyberdarkness Dragon easier, but the latter is event-only card and Cyberdark Inferno would be nice, but it's not available). It's just a great to smash opponent with 6000+ ATK Cyber Dark Dragon. I even try it in PVP and so far only lost once in about 15 duels. In these 15 duels I have never summoned Cyberdarkness, but always had Five-Head ready in the GY for Cyber Dark.

Meadow

Years
Right now, there is only Junk Warrior, Junk Berserker and Gravity Warrior (If you count it) for Synchron deck. And only available Synchron is Junk Synchron and that's only through Yusei's Skill I mentioned in the post above. It's quite sad, because other Synchrons are in the game's data and AI Yusei uses them, but you can't get them. You can get Junk Structure Deck (that includes the Junk Warrior and Gravity Warrior, as well as Junk Anchor, Graceful Revival and Shapesister to name few good cards), but for Gems it's only available once, so unless you want to pay, you won't get much.

Aww man, hopefully there would be some kind of booster pack in the future with Junk Synchron, Quickdraw, and the others. ;__; Junk Warrior and Junk Berserker are both awesome, but I can't imagine playing them without the usual Junk/Quickdraw Synchron haha. Do you know if they at least have Quillbolt Hedgehog yet? :o

(If only that skill added Junk Synchron to the hand!)

Last edited:
Years
Aww man, hopefully there would be some kind of booster pack in the future with Junk Synchron, Quickdraw, and the others. ;__; Junk Warrior and Junk Berserker are both awesome, but I can't imagine playing them without the usual Junk/Quickdraw Synchron haha. Do you know if they at least have Quillbolt Hedgehog yet? :o

(If only that skill added Junk Synchron to the hand!)

I have to disappoint you again... Hedgehog is programmed in the game, but can't be obtained - it's only used by AI Yusei. But new box has been datamined. It will contain Black Winged Dragon, few mediocre Blackwings, completely new Dragunity and Reptillianne archetypes and nice Harpie and Bujin support. Oh and Sakuretsu Armor is in there to.

And I think I need your help. I plan on playing old DS games like Spirit Caller and Nightmare Troubadour, but I have no idea what deck to use. Last time I've played Spirit Caller I used Silent Swordsman deck, but I would like to try something else this time. Maybe Cyber Dragon... But I have to idea what deck to use in the Nightmare Troubadour. I've seen Ojama are in the game, so I might try them.

Back