• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Yu-Gi-Oh! Club

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
Years
  • Is it too late to sign up? D:

I've recently gotten back into Yu-Gi-Oh!, mainly the TCG. Currently I run Blue-Eyes decks as I just love using dragons.
    Some of my favorite cards being the Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon (which I don't currently have but its on its way), Twin Burst Dragon, Slifer the Sky Dragon and Black Luster Soldier.

Years
  • Is it too late to sign up? D:

I've recently gotten back into Yu-Gi-Oh!, mainly the TCG. Currently I run Blue-Eyes decks as I just love using dragons.
    Some of my favorite cards being the Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon (which I don't currently have but its on its way), Twin Burst Dragon, Slifer the Sky Dragon and Black Luster Soldier.
    I'm so glad someone joined.

One of my first decks was Dragon Fusion deck, as I mentioned earlier. And I love both Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes archetypes to this day.
    Okay, we should use Monster Reborn on this club. There are tons of archetypes and tons of cards we can discuss and if we ever run out of them, there are hours of anime to talk about.

As I were playing Over the Nexus with Jurrac deck last time I checked here, I would like to discuss this archetype first. It's offensive Synchro-based archetype with some nice effects. Few members can bring out more dinosaurs by destroying opponent's monster by battle, few have banishing related effects and so on. I think there are a lot of ways to play Jurrac. The way I played them was utilizing Guaiba and Velo to swarm the field with Jurrac monsters and then quickly Synchro Summon Giganoto and boost attack of my monsters to unheard numbers. To be honest this was enough to win most of the duels, but sometimes I had to come on with different strategy and even summon my boss monsters. Jurrac has two - regular Effect Monster Jurrac Titano that is hard to summon and not really worth it (but I still put it in the deck) and level 10 Synchro Jurrac Meteor that nuke the whole field, including itself. I find it funny and ironic that one of the boss monsters of dinosaur archetype is monster based on meteorite. And while I never really found the need to summon Meteor, it was pretty fun deck to use. It could swarm the field quickly and can even return back to play even after 1st wave of dinosaurs were beaten.

Speaking of the real life, I've used mixed deck of Jurracs and Flamvells that focused on swarming the field with level 4 monsters and either go for level 8 Synchro or rank 4 Xyz. This was in the early days of Xyz, so there weren't the best Xyz monsters to bring out, but even Utopia could win me the game.

So what are your toughs on Jurracs? Did you play them during Synchro era? Or even after that?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    I've never played or played against Jurracs, but in the past year or so, most of the Dinosaur decks I saw were still playing the Tuner (Aeolo?). I can't remember it's exact purpose, like if it was used to Synchro Summon Denglong (which is now banned), but it definitely did/does see play

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I'm trying to scrape together a Machine deck from cards I have left over after buying a few packs to boost up my dragon decks.

It's pretty much gonna be XYZ-Dragon Cannon and ABC-Dragon Buster since I unpacked those but am also open for other suggestions.
    Also very tempted to just add in Number 81: giant train cannon that looks insane

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yo I'm gonna sign up. Here's a little blurb about me:
    • I'm 5qwerty, some people just call me 5q or qwert for short. I've been a long time fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, having watched the first 3 series (although not every single episode) as well as the Abridged series. I couldn't really get into Zexal because Yuma was super annoying and wasn't really a main character I could get behind. As for the Arc-V and Vrains, I was already too old for TV at that point (meaning I had no time to watch). I do appreciate Arc-V bringing back Alexis Rhodes though, because she was probably my first waifu (no weeb). Anyway, I really like some of the memes, especially from the original, and I also like trying to imitate some of the characters' voices, like Pegasus' "MMmMM...Yugi-boy!".
    • As for actually playing the game, I didn't get as deep into it as you guys. I've had cards since I was young, but didn't really learn to play correctly until maybe 9th grade. After that I ended up dropping some amount of money on random packs until I decided to make a deck. Then I built a Fire-King deck and just played vs my friends who also spent a considerable amount of money on decks. I also bought a Blaster tin and then Blaster got banned and I was sad. After that I kind of just bought packs and tins here and there to try and get cool cards but never really played after that since I had to move away for University. I also pulled a Tour Guide (when they were only printed in the Battle Packs) once so I was pretty happy about that. Now I'm not too familiar with the whole Link and Pendulum stuff.
    • My favourite cards...I don't really have any effect-wise. I would probably say any of the signature cards from the anime just because of the meme/nostalgia value. I don't have least favourite cards either, but there are some cards that are just creepy and I don't like them.

Also don't really know about Jurracs so you guys just continue on talking.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I also have no idea how the hell Link and Pendulum cards work.

Also my Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon came in yesterday and I became the happiest person in the region haha
    i feel like seto kaiba right now

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hi friendos :D

I am Ozzy and I am here to tell Revise that every deck not involving extinct bacterium trap monsters is RUBBISH.

Nah but really I love YGO and play it constantly with my partner, we even have a huge spreadsheet going to track all of our wins/deck performances and keep an on-going rate of their power levels etc! My absolute favourite decks are Ancient Gear, Batteryman, Witchcraft (new but very cool!), Hazy Flame (even though they are god awful) and Fluffal, but I play 20+ different decks very regularly and am always up for discussing absolute any archetype/deck idea!

It seems people here aren't generally very keen on the new mechanics/haven't tried them out yet but I'd definitely say give them a shot, they can be really fun! I was very skeptical about Link monsters joining the game and re-defining how extra decks could work but honestly I think it has ended up being a big positive overall. It's a shame that some older decks like Laval who were designed with the intention of having a set amount of monsters out for their "big plays" can't quite adjust to the new format (although most of these decks have been steadily getting Links for themselves!) but in general I feel like Links have balanced out a lot of the top decks, brought a lot of the weaker decks up to a higher level, and have generally introduced a very cool mechanic into the game which decks can be based on. If anyone is wanting to learn how to use them in a really quick way I'd highly suggest trying out the World Chalice archetype - they're a very easy and intuitive Link deck with reasonable competitive power and they do a great job of demonstrating how to use Link monsters effectively without punishing you too much for messing up. I also highly recommend Crusadia for a slightly different view on how Links can work and they're super fun (and powerful) to play!

Regarding Jurracs I actually did used to play them a looooong time ago but I honestly just found them so dull, it never really felt like they did anything and their biggest play was essentially just a Black Rose Dragon rip-off which any synchro deck can use so I was never a big fan - the art was endearingly awful though!

Have you guys been keeping up with many of the new releases? What are people thinking of the new Witchcrafter/Evil Eye/Infinitrack decks? They're all so cool, I think this is a great trio to drop at once! I've been spamming Witchcrafters like crazy and have seen a lot of Infinitrack play already and they're both looking very cool. Any is anyone expecting the new Fortune Lady support to make any difference whatsoever?

Also if anyone is up for any duels I'm very frequently on YGOPro so hit me up! Especially if anyone wants a chance to try out some Link mechanics, I'm game for a slower match for that :)

Last edited:

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
    Years
  • Jurrac would be better if they could use multiple rekindlings. Aeolo spam plays has always been something essential for the deck. With the dino support from 2017, I think it would be a fairly good deck.

Years
  • Welcome here, everyone. With numbers like these we could even try to do some kind of tournament.

But as for current releases: I've seen and tested new Neos support, but that is pretty much everything. I also saw few cards, mostly support for old archetypes, but that's pretty much all. So what are some new interesting archetypes? I know there is one big archetype called World Chalice, but haven't played it yet.

Years
  • that would be fun to do I'd be down for that 100%

and then i get to lose cause i cant topdeck at all.
    Or don't make a Side Deck and lose because your opponent sides Chaos Trap Hole... All these years and it still hurts...

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I made a Gouki deck and while it's worked surprisingly well, I'm worried about the Spell line up. What Spells do Gouki decks typically run other than the obvious ones like ROTA and Gouki Re-Match?

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • ITS BEEN MONSTER REBORN!!!

I'd say google Gouki Deck and see what spells people run, you can often see as the first results some decks made. I took a peek myself and saw spells like Scapegoat, Monster Reborn, Gouki Deathmatch in the spell list so maybe that could help out.

I just wish Armed Dragon + XYZ was more viable I love using those two :why:

Years
  • Okay, I know I should've check this thread regularly, but you know... I've been waiting for my opponent to finish his FTK Exodia combo.

Anyway, you might have noticed that there will be Get-Together soon. There was Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament held during 2015 (I think) GT and I wanted to have one last year, but it went nowhere. So would you be interested in having one this year?

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Okay, I know I should've check this thread regularly, but you know... I've been waiting for my opponent to finish his FTK Exodia combo.

Anyway, you might have noticed that there will be Get-Together soon. There was Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament held during 2015 (I think) GT and I wanted to have one last year, but it went nowhere. So would you be interested in having one this year?

oh yes, yes I would love to have one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    I would absolutely be down for a tournament! Would give me a reason to check back in regularly, because I tend to forget :(

Back