• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
  • It seems to me that it has no moves that involve its chin...beard...jaw thing. Very disappointed.

If I ran one, I'd use no item to screw around with magician. Dark Psychic is such a crap shoot typing with no resistances tho - sadddd dayyyyyy

Also hey, for anyone who hasn't heard - North America Diancie Distribution event!!! YAAAAAY FINALLY.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    so uh is it like banned yet lel, or is it actually legal in ou for whatever reasons idk ike kyub no good physical ice moves :'(

what about normal hoopa, assuming it to be too slow to be actually decent unless scarf is a thing

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • so uh is it like banned yet lel, or is it actually legal in ou for whatever reasons idk ike kyub no good physical ice moves :'(

what about normal hoopa, assuming it to be too slow to be actually decent unless scarf is a thing
    Both forms of Hoopa were put in OU first.

Substitute + Nasty Plot/Calm Mind is Confined Hoopa's niche over its Unbound counterpart, as Confined Hoopa can make use of the unresisted combination of Focus Blast + STAB Shadow Ball. Scarf/mixed Unbound Hoopa is actually decent.

Last edited:
    Years
  • From what I understood and what I saw, Hoopu-U is really good against stall teams. He is a wonderful wallbreaker and has sooo many possible sets. I only played him once (wasn't a success lol) and I saw some today, I think it can find a place as wallbreaker but you need to be very careful about u-turn and super effective physical moves.

srinator

It also seems to have a good match up against a lot of balance builds, esp the Zam kinds

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • BTW I noticed many Alakazam recently, am I the only one?

it's a bit of a fad b/c the mega version has an excellent speed tier and very useful coverage moves that allow it to keep momentum against pretty much everything in the tier while also having enough oomph to break down certain balance cores. the non-mega version is a little stronger, is still pretty fast (though losing to torn-t, weavile, manec, and lop sucks), and critically cannot be put on a timer by hazard stacking.

it will probably have staying power though - alakazam is pretty good!

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2018
    Hello all. How's it going?
    Kind of new here. Frequented the forums and old server years ok. Had a different name back then I don't remember. Anyway I'm here working on getting back into it

I definitely recognize the names wolf and anti

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Well yer probably more senior than me here already then, so welcome back 'n stuff. Weird how you remember people's internet monikers for so long ain't it?

Alakazam always interested me with magic guard, that's such a damn useful ability. Trace on the mega seems silly and situational, so that's a huge draw to me as well. Ironic how the non mega hits harder due to the ability to hold items still given everyone's flipping out about their stats when they were first revealed.

Tracing intimidate in doubles is a godsend.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I never really played around with Mega Alakazam enough to assess how good it is, but I have used LO +3 attacks with Encore in the 4th slot and it was pretty fun. Sash is alright too but I didn't find myself using that set nearly as often.

I think modest mega zam would be outsped by jolly mega lop

True, but I'm sure that the standard set runs Timid.

srinator

I never really played around with Mega Alakazam enough to assess how good it is, but I have used LO +3 attacks with Encore in the 4th slot and it was pretty fun. Sash is alright too but I didn't find myself using that set nearly as often.

True, but I'm sure that the standard set runs Timid.

Was talking to archer, and how timid is better for zam

Years
  • Well I see a lot of Zam and I decided to add Jirachi in my team as special sponge to counter it (plus i needed a counter to fairy type)
    I'm wondering if Chansey is not better tho. Because I already have Staross and I really fear all the Weavile/Bisharp/Ttar out there

srinator

What's a staross? Also klefki is a p nice addition that provides really nice utility and a p good defensive typing

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well I see a lot of Zam and I decided to add Jirachi in my team as special sponge to counter it (plus i needed a counter to fairy type)
    I'm wondering if Chansey is not better tho. Because I already have Staross and I really fear all the Weavile/Bisharp/Ttar out there
    Chansey's good, but not suited to all team archetypes really.

What's a staross?
    The French name for Starmie

which is slightly funny cuz your avatar

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't like Chansey or Blissey. Probably because the metagame is... no longer suited for them, to say the least.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back