• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinator

double post op lol!
    anyway i was gonna take a leave for a while after i was done with the ou tour and since that is done i take thy leave, i will probably be more regular after my first exam next month, but till then just vm/pm me, and i will respond on sat/sun :D
    hf

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So, Manaphy and Hoopa-U became S-Rank threads and now it seems, that they are even considering on rising Azumarill and Garchomp, as well. S-Rank sure is getting crowded more and more, as it seems. That really makes me wonder, how people still manage to prepare for so many threats...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    So, Manaphy and Hoopa-U became S-Rank threads and now it seems, that they are even considering on rising Azumarill and Garchomp, as well. S-Rank sure is getting crowded more and more, as it seems.
    They're thinking of moving Garchomp and Azumarill up to S too? Garchomp I can maybe see there, but not so much Azu.

That really makes me wonder, how people still manage to prepare for so many threats...
    idk how the hell people do it either

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    hoopa unbound is broken as shit

i woukdn't make too much out of small differences in rankings in the viability thread. whether manaphy is placed in a+ or s, it's still a very difficult threat to beat.

(s is for skittles)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    hoopa unbound is broken as shit

i woukdn't make too much out of small differences in rankings in the viability thread. whether manaphy is placed in a+ or s, it's still a very difficult threat to beat.

(s is for skittles)

Hoopa-U isn't broken imo, but is definitely the best pokemon in the meta rn. Stall is cancerous on the high ladder, and Hoopa-U provides a way to put those trolls in their place lol

Why it isn't broken... well, I think you get it "ehhhh it's slow and has poor defense offense reks it lel" unlike something such as Landorus which could tweak its moveset to beat all playstyles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    what the hell is this thread title

can someone who actively battles explain what makes Hoopa-U so good that what I first assumed would be KyuB V2 is actually S-Rank

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    hoopa-unbound is, to dust off an old buzzword that has fallen out of favor, pretty much uncounterable (!) and, when played well/supported properly, gets enough switch-in opportunities to do its job and then some.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Hoopa-U isn't broken imo, but is definitely the best pokemon in the meta rn. Stall is cancerous on the high ladder, and Hoopa-U provides a way to put those trolls in their place lol.

Offense is cancer on the higher ladder, lets unban mega kanga to put those trolls in their place!

See what i did there?

Its not a good argument. Stop.

hoopa-unbound is, to dust off an old buzzword that has fallen out of favor, pretty much uncounterable (!) and, when played well/supported properly, gets enough switch-in opportunities to do its job and then some.

This

manaphy isn't worthy of S rank tbh

Also applies to this. Scald HydraRest and Tail Glow essentially make it "uncounterable". Thankfully its getting ban attention now lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    so in other words

it is KyuB v2 in a way but it's actually much better?

Pretty much. It also has Knock and a stupid movepool and higher offensive stats and an even better special defense. That and it has less weaks and isnt Stealth Rock weak.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Never played on the battle server. How active is it?

Depends when you go on, usually evening time its more active. :P We usually get about 15-20 (20+ in evening) people on and you can always find a battle.

Years
    Depends when you go on, usually evening time its more active. :P We usually get about 15-20 (20+ in evening) people on and you can always find a battle.

Thanks for the info. I haven't done any competitive anything since I sold Omega Ruby. I was going to way for the XY 3rd version but who knows when that will be.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    What I just found.

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Question: does the "Look for a battle"-button on our server even have a use, as in: actually useful?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I almost forgot how bad the low ladder can get

Question: does the "Look for a battle"-button on our server even have a use, as in: actually useful?
    Not really. Usually people just ask for battles in the chat or arrange them via PMs, not to mention that there's not a huge number of people on the battle server, and not all of them are interested in battling, so no one really ever hits the "Look for a Battle" button on the PC server. Works great on the Smogon server though when the ladder's not fucking down

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back