• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you salty? Why?

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
  • This isn't just a 'Were you disappointed' thread, so if there's even a pinch of salt, please read all the stuff before answering. And do support it with a reasoning. Not trying to be rude or anything, but I've had enough with people complaining.

Well Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was revealed, did not see that coming. I don't get why people are salty though. I personally didn't want a Diamond and Pearl remake because you already know what is going to happen in the storyline, there's no new pokemon, you've already explored the region, and more reasons too. I also think putting Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the 3ds was the best move for the following reasons:

1. It was the best move financially. There were over 50 million 3ds sold and only 3 million switches sold, so Nintendo will sell way more copies on the 3ds and get more of a profit.

2. A lot of people don't want to or can't buy the switch due to it being too expensive or due to the fact that there is low stock but can afford a 3ds (or the new 2ds xl) or already have a 3ds that they can play the game on.

3. It would be difficult to port a once 3ds game to the switch. Especially with the double screens on the 3ds, the home console aspect of the switch and the short release time.

4. Nintendo and gamefreak will most likely want to release an entirely new pokemon game to the switch and leave Sun and Moon for the 3ds. With an entirely new game rather than a port it will be much easier to create a main pokemon game for the switch and there will be a better opportunity to update the pokemon games visually.

And for those saying that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is a money grab, it's a video game, it's supposed to make money. Think about, other game franchises are no different. Also you literally only saw a 30 second trailer, we no hardly anything about the game. It could have an entirely new plot that could be as rich as the original games. Also there are new pokemon to collect which could be a fun new challenge. Don't judge a book by it's cover, or in this case a game by it's 30 second teaser trailer?.
    Would love to hear what you guys think..

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Nope, not in the slightest.

Stoked for finally being able to play Pokken and SM aren't masterpieces. USM can easily improve on them. Besides, for a mainline RPG Pokemon game I want a brand new game built for the Switch, not ported.

Then again it can be worse but I highly doubt it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    This isn't just a 'Were you disappointed' thread, so if there's even a pinch of salt, please read all the stuff before answering. And do support it with a reasoning. Not trying to be rude or anything, but I've had enough with people complaining.

Well Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was revealed, did not see that coming. I don't get why people are salty though. I personally didn't want a Diamond and Pearl remake because you already know what is going to happen in the storyline, there's no new pokemon, you've already explored the region, and more reasons too. I also think putting Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the 3ds was the best move for the following reasons:

1. It was the best move financially. There were over 50 million 3ds sold and only 3 million switches sold, so Nintendo will sell way more copies on the 3ds and get more of a profit.

2. A lot of people don't want to or can't buy the switch due to it being too expensive or due to the fact that there is low stock but can afford a 3ds (or the new 2ds xl) or already have a 3ds that they can play the game on.

3. It would be difficult to port a once 3ds game to the switch. Especially with the double screens on the 3ds, the home console aspect of the switch and the short release time.

4. Nintendo and gamefreak will most likely want to release an entirely new pokemon game to the switch and leave Sun and Moon for the 3ds. With an entirely new game rather than a port it will be much easier to create a main pokemon game for the switch and there will be a better opportunity to update the pokemon games visually.

And for those saying that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is a money grab, it's a video game, it's supposed to make money. Think about, other game franchises are no different. Also you literally only saw a 30 second trailer, we no hardly anything about the game. It could have an entirely new plot that could be as rich as the original games. Also there are new pokemon to collect which could be a fun new challenge. Don't judge a book by it's cover, or in this case a game by it's 30 second teaser trailer?.
    Would love to hear what you guys think..

I can agree with this. We're still getting the remakes (I mean-they're gonna make money from it) so I don't see why people are complaining we haven't gotten them yet. I'd honestly prefer them to work on the remakes more and more then have it be rushed. Remember, "a delayed game is someday good, a rushed game is forever bad" ( or something like that, I dunno).

I don't get much of the constant salt either. Like Pokemon has been making third versions since yellow. So just now people are complaining that they're making one? TBH I really wanted Pokemon Z as X and Y really really needed it for how lackluster they are. If they can make sun and moon better and more interesting I'll buy it. For now I'll proceed with caution.

As a side note, I don't think it would be too hard to move the 3ds to the switch for a SuMo port. We had the games on one screen for a long time before DP so they could figure out something. But yeah, this is the best financial move for them. I don't get why people would think we'd get it on the switch yet after we know that it just came out 3 months ago and people probably don't have the time or money to dish out $300 on a new system just yet. Using the current model helps to keep sale prices high.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • People are judging waaaay too early based off a short trailer with very little info. I'm intrigued to see where Sun & Moon can go next as they have lots of potential. We'll get remakes in good time, and I think it was the right move to follow up with two new games whether they be alternate storylines or sequels. 3DS has sold 65+ million units, it was wise for them to appeal to a wider audience while the Switch is still new.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I guess the Switch move would be too hard because of Refresh and its need for touchscreen. The mainline switch games, if they come (assuming there won't be another console), will probably have a different mechanic.
    Do people think that this will be the last release for the 3DS or will we get Sinnoh games too? I'm sadly thinking this will be it...

pkmin3033

I was going to be salty and cynical regardless of what they did, and all things considered, this is not the worst move they could have made - at least they didn't announce anything for the Switch.

I get the feeling that USUM will be SM as they would have been had GF had more time to develop them and not had to rush for the 20th Anniversary. I expect them to improve in some areas but ultimately not be able to fix what was wrong with SM, as B2W2 were to BW.

It's a little too early to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war, but you can rattle the bars of their cages a little.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I guess the Switch move would be too hard because of Refresh and its need for touchscreen. The mainline switch games, if they come (assuming there won't be another console), will probably have a different mechanic.
    Do people think that this will be the last release for the 3DS or will we get Sinnoh games too? I'm sadly thinking this will be it...

The Switch does have touch capabilities

(it's not something I want to get grubby fingerprints on though!)

Years
  • Do people think that this will be the last release for the 3DS or will we get Sinnoh games too? I'm sadly thinking this will be it...

I've heard Nintendo doesn't plan to retire the 3DS yet, and have it co-exist with the Switch. Pokemon is also one of its most profitable franchises for the handheld systems so there should still be support for a while.

I get the feeling that USUM will be SM as they would have been had GF had more time to develop them and not had to rush for the 20th Anniversary. I expect them to improve in some areas but ultimately not be able to fix what was wrong with SM, as B2W2 were to BW.

It's a little too early to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war, but you can rattle the bars of their cages a little.

Like you, I felt S/M was rushed due to the 20th anniversary of the Pokemon franchise, and while I thought B/W wasn't too bad it did feel a bit lacking in comparison to B2/W2 so I do hope US/UM will expand Alola in a way that Unova got expanded in B2/W2.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Not salty at all. While it was not the thing I wished for the most, I always welcome a chance to play a new Pokemon game, whatever that is.

Back