• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silly Moments Of First Pokemon Gaming

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
  • Silly things can happen when you first enter the pokemon gaming world.My first pokemon game was ruby(gba).i was really excited that how that game worked and met first pokemon gaming.i was like:wow i get to be a trainer with pokemons as my pals thats totally awesome LOL.and when i faced groudon i was like:oh man A GROUDON ???how am i gonna beat it lol but i still didn't thought that groudon was a rare pokemon and i needed to catch it.So after i beat it(yeah i know i needed to catch it)i was like:wow i beat that huge pokemon(thought that by the movie)am the strongest trainer lol.Man i was totally proud XDDDDDD

so share somrthing funny that happened when u first played pokemon games

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The first time I played R/S, I only trained my starter. As a result, I kept losing to Brawly in Ruby.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... for me, that would be, in Gen I, confusing the opponent with the party. Like, I thought the opponent was me! And ended up causing my team to lose. Good thing I came to my senses after that one battle.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • You know when you run into a wild Pokemon and it started playing that "Pokemon encounter" sound and the screen turned to black...

Yeah, first time that happened, I thought the game was glitched and turned the power off xD

I finally figured out what was really happening, but it was over a year before I found out about the "real" glitches in R/B.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • When I was eleven playing Red for the first time, I was utterly unable to figure out how to get past the hungover coffee man in Viridian City. To add to the humor, due to the odd positioning of his sprite, I thought he was actually a giant talking fish. XD

Years
  • When I played Pokemon for the first time, I had no idea how to save and thus had to restart the game at least twice and only found out when some random other kid in the supermarket told me how to. The reason for this is that the german version of Red (not sure if they changed it in later generations) used the word "sichern" (I didn't know its meaning yet) instead of the synonymous "speichern" which I was looking for. Since there was no "speichern" in the menu, so I had no idea how to save.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    When I was eleven playing Red for the first time, I was utterly unable to figure out how to get past the hungover coffee man in Viridian City. To add to the humor, due to the odd positioning of his sprite, I thought he was actually a giant talking fish. XD

I laughed. Out loud.

The first time I played, I caught everything I saw and then I caught a Magikarp which filled up my party. I did not know about storing Pokemonz so I restarted.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    you know the way in every pokemon game, if someone was talking there'd be that down arrow at the end of the sentence? when i played blue for the first time, i thought that meant 'press the down button' (i've always been a logical thinker) and when it refused to work i thought my game was broken.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Where to begin?

First things first, I thought the man in Viridian was either break dancing or having a seizure. I thought continuously tapping A made your attacks more powerful. I didn't read to see that Thundershock didn't affect Brock's Pokemon, so I didn't even make it past him before losing Yellow. Oh. And. I didn't know how to save. I thought it was auto-save and that on the main menu, exit turned off the game. And it didn't. So I remember leaving my cousin's GameBoy on in the car while we went into Sam's. She wasn't too happy with me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    My first was in Blue :P
    I had no idea how to throw a pokeball so catching pokemon was impossible for me for like the first one or two badges XD
    That old man threw the pokeball, I saw him throw it, and I remember thinking "That's not fair! How does he magically go to his bag during a battle like that?!"
    I honestly had no idea how I didn't see the bag button. I could have sworn I used items, but I really don't know XD I was 6/7 at the time, so maybe that was why. But still, I was dense, quite dense.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    The man "laying down" in Viridian confused me at first. I saw one look at him and said ALOUD "OMG A TALKING MAGIKARP!!1!1!!!!11!!one!!11!"

My worst:

When I got my FIRST EVER Pokemon game, Gold, I was so excited. I bonded lmost immediately with my Totodile. Well, a few Pokemon later, I still have Tootodile and such, and I found a PC in the Pokemon Center. I turned it on and saw "Withdraw" and "Deposit".
    I went to "Deposit" and then selected Totdile to be deposited. When I was 6, which is when I found this PC, or maybe I was 5, I had no idea what "Deposit" meant. When I saw my Totdile disappear, I flipped. I thought them nurses came up and done killed my Totodile. I started CRYING. BIG, WET, THICK TEARS. I go up to my mom "OMG MOMMY WUT DUZ DEPOSIT MEAN!?"
    Her: "...it means to put away for a little while baby."
    Me *still crying* : " *sniffsniff* ....oh."
    And then I go back to playing.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Pokemon gold was the first game I got, and I though going to the pokemon center in cherrygrove would level up my pokemon, I was doing that for about 2 days until someone told me to go further

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Without this post being a wall of text, a few of the misconceptions I had while playing Blue as a kid were:

-Thinking that there was only one Pikachu in Viridian Forest and hitting my cousin when he fainted it.
    -Feeling as if I must be close to completing the game when I got to Cerulean City for the first time.
    -Spending hours walking around Seafoam Island because I thought Articuno was a random encounter.
    -Spending hours testing out rumors I found on the internet and from friends, i.e. ways to get Mew, PokéGods, Marill, Togepi, Bill's Secret Garden, etc.
    -Wondering how in the world a seashell (Metapod) evolved into a butterfly (Butterfree). No idea why it didn't occur to me that it was a cocoon.
    -Dedicating a lot of time trying to get to the grass to the east and west of Pallet Town thinking that that's where Koffings were, my favorite Pokémon at the time.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. xD

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Catching Drowsee with teh Master Ball in Red....on my second playthrough when I knew it should be used on Mewtwo

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well my first game was Sapphire, so there were places i couldn't get out of for weeks cause i couldn't find obvious, yet tipical pokemon games exits...
    I also never trained my pokemon, so i got owned quite a lot.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    In Yellow first thought all the other gym leaders were in the pokemon league building in viridian.. When i beat Brock I went to the building and showed the dude my Boulderbage thinking I would be going to a room to face the next gym leader lol... I was just an innocent 7 year old haha.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • In Red or Blue, I thought Harden was supposed to do damage when I started using it against Brock. Needless to say, I was disappointed when my Kakuna fainted.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My worst Pokemon moment ever:

It was Fire Red, I was about 6 or 7. I was in the Safari Zone looking for Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Touros. I found yet another Ryhorn, one unlike any other. This Ryhorn was red and had a peculiar star and ding sound when it appeared. I was like "Holy crap what is this thing?" I saw in the HP bar that I already had a Ryhorn. So what do I do, I run away from one of the two legit shiny Pokemon I have ever found in my life. (Legit meaning no chaining, cheating, no red garydos, ect.) Despite my best attempts, I never found it again. It wasn't until later I found out there was like a 1 in 2 some other numbers % chance of finding a shiny. Needless to say, I was angry, REALLY angry.

Back