• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
  • Still farming Xerneas and with over 500+ captured Xerneas' later over the course of 2 days and a close but disappointing 3,31,31,31,31,31 5IV Xerneas :\

the only decent Xerneas' (4IV) I've decided to keep are:

31,x,15,31,31,31 (lower defense)
    and
    17,x,31,31,31,31 (lower hp)

I am starting to get to the point where I may call it quits on obtaining a 5IV (31,x,31,31,31,31) Xerneas.. so of these two I kept, which do you think would be better for battle use?

Is HP or Defense Better in general?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Oh, nice, thanks for the Switcheroo advice! I just got a Sableye stuck into willowisp!

What's better when making a defensive tank, HP investment or defence investment?

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    EV ♥ has a great breeding guide located /here/.

If you have any specific questions or need more help feel free to ask there or send me a PM/VM. :)

Oh thnxs,now does anyone have a ditto friend safari? Not sure if i should be asking this here tho

Years
  • Oh thnxs,now does anyone have a ditto friend safari? Not sure if i should be asking this here tho

There's a list of members' Friend Safari contents in the first post of the XY Friend Code thread: Click here

Just click the link to the Safari list there and you'll eventually find who has the Pokemon you need.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Problem with breeding?

Hi there, community! I'm new here, and this is my first thread!

I have bred up about a box of modest 4-5 IV petilils, but for some reason, every single one has chlorophyll, and i'm looking for inner focus. Does anybody have a reason why a box full of petilil all refuse to have that ability, or am I just incredibly unlucky?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Petilil is always female, and females often pass down the same ability to the baby. Catch a new one with another ability and try breeding again.

Also, Petilil does not have the ability Inner Focus. Petilil's three abilities are:
    Chlorophyll: When sunny, the Pokémon's Speed doubles. However, Speed will not double on the turn weather becomes Clear Skies.
    Own Tempo: The Pokémon cannot be Confused while having this ability.
    Hidden Ability (Available):
    Leaf Guard: Prevents the Pokémon from receiving status conditions during strong sunlight.

Chlorophyll is actually the best ability, as it's often beneficial to have a higher speed than the enemy.

Shhmew

Years
  • Ermm do you mean Own Tempo? Petilil's two abilities are Chlorophyll or Own Tempo, not Inner Focus. If the mother has Chlorophyll, I believe it has a higher chance (80% I think) of passing that ability down rather than the other one. So if you're looking for Own Tempo, you should just keep trying or get a different mother with Own Tempo. The price of an ability capsule isn't really worth it in my opinion.

Edit: Greninja'd.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Choice Band Question:

So, I'm wondering if I Baton Pass +6 ATK to a pokemon holding a Choice Band or a Life Orb, do they still get additional power? Or is the Cap at +6.

Thanks. =]

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Choice Band Question:

So, I'm wondering if I Baton Pass +6 ATK to a pokemon holding a Choice Band or a Life Orb, do they still get additional power? Or is the Cap at +6.

Thanks. =]

The Choice Band boost doesn't count as a "stat boost", so the cap doesn't affect it. So yes, you will still get the Choice Band boost. The caps basically only come into play for moves/abilities/items that give a message "____'s Attack increased", e.g. Swords Dance, Download, Liechi Berry.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Compound eyes question guys
    So right now im hunting for heart scales by thieving luvdiscs and i often don't get the heart scales so i decided to use my vivilion with thief with compound eyes.isnt the percent for finding a heartscald go to 75%-100% with a poke with compound eyes?(5 luvdiscs nothing yet)

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Compound eyes question guys
    So right now im hunting for heart scales by thieving luvdiscs and i often don't get the heart scales so i decided to use my vivilion with thief with compound eyes.isnt the percent for finding a heartscald go to 75%-100% with a poke with compound eyes?(5 luvdiscs nothing yet)

Ludvisc have a 50% of holding a heart scale so Compound raises it to 60%

Its
    50-->60
    5-->20
    1-->5

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Compound eyes question guys

You could get them easier by trading in pokemiles on global link

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Petilil is always female, and females often pass down the same ability to the baby. Catch a new one with another ability and try breeding again.

Also, Petilil does not have the ability Inner Focus. Petilil's three abilities are:

Chlorophyll is actually the best ability, as it's often beneficial to have a higher speed than the enemy.
    Sorry, I meant own tempo. Thank you anyway!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I have an Aerodactyl who knows Stealth Rock from a TM in Gen 4. Bulbapedia says it can pass it along to a Skarmory in Gen 5 by breeding. But can I do the same in Gen 6?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I have an Aerodactyl who knows Stealth Rock from a TM in Gen 4. Bulbapedia says it can pass it along to a Skarmory in Gen 5 by breeding. But can I do the same in Gen 6?

Yep, all Gen V Egg Moves are also Egg Moves in Gen VI. For some reason a lot of the Bulbapedia pages only list the new Egg Moves in the Gen VI section, which is a bit misleading.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Lets say I want a defensive, but hard hitting Swampert.
    I max its Attack stat, but what do I focus on next for its bulk?
    Hp or Defence? And why, if possible.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Lets say I want a defensive, but hard hitting Swampert.
    I max its Attack stat, but what do I focus on next for its bulk?
    Hp or Defence? And why, if possible.

I'd go with close to Max/Max HP and invest the rest in Def or SpA (if you're running Scald, a few SpA EVs might help. If not, invest in Def).

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
  • People! I need a good moveset for Mew, any suggestions? I dont normally ask for moveset advice, I'm typically a pretty offensive person, i like to KO a Pokemon ASAP with moves that are super effective. Lately I've been staying away from moves with high damage but about 70 accuracy, my luck it keeps missing. Instead going with lower damage moves like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, etc. With Mew i feel since it can learn every move, maybe its too many possibilities and i get overwhelmed with choices, so I am asking for some advice. Mew is Lv 57 now and knows Psychic, Ancientpower, Dazzling Gleam, and Metronome, you guys have the floor now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back