• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • Why, you trying to hack gold now? Well, I wouldn't recommend using it until there is documentation on it. I have it, but I'm not giving it away. I might think About it though...

is there a way to edit the palette of an overworld in gold?
    Yes there is. You would need to use hex, do it the way you would do in FR. Searching through the hex editor for the colors, then replace it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Frostbite said:
    No, that's not what I meant, I probably wasn't specific enough.

By behaviors I mean things like grass animation, sliding on ice, ledge jumping, etc.

In FR the tile behavior numbers in the block editor don't seem to do anything weather you edit them or not.

That is the Tile behaviours then, just do a trial and error until you get the right one.

Also btw...I was just checking what you meant ;)

I can haz haxburgrz?

<--- Making Shimmering Pearl
    Years
  • tyvm blazichu i have it all fixed now cept for the birch thing for some reason it everything opens starngely on my tile molester i change the codec but... anyone no wats happening? oh and blazichu im ready top edit my thread on gec... delete this part of post if u want...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    darkfurby said:
    tyvm blazichu i have it all fixed now cept for the birch thing for some reason it everything opens starngely on my tile molester i change the codec but... anyone no wats happening? oh and blazichu im ready top edit my thread on gec... delete this part of post if u want...

You might have you move the tiles up and down, I am uncertain how Tile Molester does it (try + and -) and edit the colour schemes if you have to. It could also be a problem with the version you are using, another tile editing program that could be helpful is TLP if it does not continue to work.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    What are all the(the amount you know) offsets for FR for APE
    (Im desperate!)

~Celebi

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Pallet offset

What is the pallet offset for the male and the female Hero sprites not ow sprites trainer sprites

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • For the last Freakin time, Search for the <Bleep> offsets your self!
    Go to VBA, play till you see the person, then you go to Palette viewer, and click save BG. Then you open APE and import the BG.pal file, you can click on "Index" left or Right, so That when you get the colors, you can click Load by searching.

It will give you the offset, for the palette. You click on load by offset and you should get the palette, then you can copy, and replace the colors.

This is Directed toward Celebi_XD and Reaper 6. Call yourselves Hackers, who can't even Try to learn how to do things on your own. Not to sound harsh, but If I didn't tell you then no one would have.

No one ask this question again, or I'm reporting you for not searching.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2007
    When i click on dexter there is an error even when i have leaf green in the directory. whats wrong?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    What are all the(the amount you know) offsets for FR for APE
    (Im desperate!)

~Celebi

What is the pallet offset for the male and the female Hero sprites not ow sprites trainer sprites

Well, I've posted a tutorial that explain how to search and replace palettes. I guess you both should take a closer look ot the Documents and Tutorials section.

When i click on dexter there is an error even when i have leaf green in the directory. whats wrong?

Dexter isn't fully compatible with FR/LG ROMs. The best solution for now would be to use a hex editor. I've posted in this thread the Pokédex structure inside the ROM, just search it.

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Hi

Hi how do u insert zels d/P tiles into a game through advance map and how do i get the right pallets for them once there inserted?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Reaper 6 said:
    Hi how do u insert zels d/P tiles into a game through advance map and how do i get the right pallets for them once there inserted?

Ruby/Sapphire
    Pallete2: E94352
    Pallete3: E94382
    Pallete4: E943A0
    Pallete5: E943C6

Fire Red/Leaf Green
    Pallete0: EA1B60
    Pallete2: EA1B80
    Pallete3: EA1B90
    Pallete4: EA1BEA

Try editing some of those palletes until you get the right ones. Then just copy and paste them in after exporting it via the block editor.

Dragongod165 said:
    I've done that, but is there a way to change the hero's colors without changing any other overworld's colors?

I don't know if this is possible but you could try and insert new palettes then have the pointer leading to the colour chnaged into that new one.

Years
  • Can someone please explain this tile error to me and tell me how to fix it.
    TileError.png

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Hi

Hi Blazichu thanks but ive got the pallets and howto insert them now but i cant get the pallet 0 to be the right colours can u help me and i dont want any offsets for ape because i dont use ape.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    SceptileHero said:
    Can someone please explain this tile error to me and tell me how to fix it.
    TileError.png

In AdvanceMap you need to set the rocks tiles to the Above part of Above/Below and then put the grass as the below part.

Reaper 6 said:
    Hi Blazichu thanks but ive got the pallets and howto insert them now but i cant get the pallet 0 to be the right colours can u help me and i dont want any offsets for ape because i dont use ape.

Well you have to use the eyedropper and colour in your tiles the same as the old ones, becuase you can't go beyond the 16 colours that are set in a palette. Also I don't think Palette 1 displays correctly...so hex would be another option for that.

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    tiles

In AdvanceMap you need to set the rocks tiles to the Above part of Above/Below and then put the grass as the below part.

Well you have to use the eyedropper and colour in your tiles the same as the old ones, becuase you can't go beyond the 16 colours that are set in a palette. Also I don't think Palette 1 displays correctly...so hex would be another option for that.

where whould you get eyedropper from?
    Also are u good at scripting?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Reaper 6 said:
    where whould you get eyedropper from?
    Also are u good at scripting?

1. The eyedropper is in many programs such as Paint and Photoshop. In Paint, it is above the pencil tool.

2. I can script in hex for all generations, but not using a scripting tool. If you want to learn in that style then there is a scripting thread under the Rom Hacking section.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • I have 2 problems.
    1. I deleted all the events (scripts, signs, flights,people) in Littleroot (for Emerald) but when I exit the truck at the beginning of the game, The script about moving to littleroot is still there. Can I delete that script?
    2. In unLZ, I tried to import a picture, but it says the picture is too big. I understand this, but I can't understand why it is too big, because I merely edited the colours and some lines, and I didn't edit the size.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    I have 2 problems.
    1. I deleted all the events (scripts, signs, flights,people) in Littleroot (for Emerald) but when I exit the truck at the beginning of the game, The script about moving to littleroot is still there. Can I delete that script?
    2. In unLZ, I tried to import a picture, but it says the picture is too big. I understand this, but I can't understand why it is too big, because I merely edited the colours and some lines, and I didn't edit the size.

1. You can delete the script, many other people have in their hacks.

2. Maybe there is a limited amount of colours you can use on the sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back