• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2007
Ok I need help about Advance Map.

Whenever you change something, you need bytes right? So I just saw my Pokemon Ruby ROM (Game I'm hacking) reaches 277 MB. I figured that this is because whenever I change something in Advance Map, bytes were added to the size.

How do you retain the original size of the game even when I use Advance Map? Thx.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
icicleboy said:
Ok I need help about Advance Map.

Whenever you change something, you need bytes right? So I just saw my Pokemon Ruby ROM (Game I'm hacking) reaches 277 MB. I figured that this is because whenever I change something in Advance Map, bytes were added to the size.

How do you retain the original size of the game even when I use Advance Map? Thx.

Well, the answer is you can't unless you make it into a patch. I have also never seen a rom become 277MB, unless the rom doesn't work. Most R/S/E roms are around 16-32MBs.

bazzaroony

Pokemon Topaz Creator
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2009
Thanks!

Thanks very much blazichu for the prof birch offsets.
But the other offsets you gave me are for the actual hero/ heroine sprite, i mean to change the image of the hero/heroine's head that appears on the hoenn map in the pokenav, because changing the actual sprite still leaves these here!
Thanks for any help in advance
Bazza

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I don't think you'll be able to find these easily, you'll have to use TLP or Tile Molester, it should be around the sprite section.

It should be somewhere near the items or sprites. It has to be..

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
SceptileHero said:
What is the pallete offset for the overworld hero/heroin in Advance Pallete Editor?

Which game do you wish to edit the overworld in?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ummm....whats a good hex editor for R/B/Y?
Thanx in advance

~Celebi

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
And same question of sceptile hero,
How do i edit the pals of the OW's in FR?

~Celebi

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Celebi_XD said:
And same question of sceptile hero,
How do i edit the pals of the OW's in FR?

~Celebi

FR Male Trainer = 0x35B968

Just use APE or go to that offset in hex and edit.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Ok, Since everyone needs offsets, I'll tell you how to obtain them.
2 ways. 1: is the export the palettes from VBA's palette viewer, then import it in ape, then click search. It will give you the offset.

2: is to get the row of palettes which has the palette you want to edit, and search in hex. The last offset you get will be the offset in APE.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I'M BACK TO HACKING FR!!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
When I try and add a new tileset

Helpzel.jpg

That happens...can anyone explain the reason?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What happens..?

Anyways, the slide doors of both the pkmn centres and the gym building are animated when you enter/exit in ruby, right..?

is it possible to change their color or animation using any hacking tools (or maybe Tile Molester can do the job, but Idk...)..?

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dragongod165 said:
is there a way to edit the palette of an overworld in gold?

Does a palette code search, by looking at them in VBA then do a byte reversal then search for the bytes (changing this palette will edit the other red palettes).

SceptileHero said:
I also need the FR Female Pallete Offset for APE. And what is the pallete offset for Pallete #19 in Overworld Sprite Editor For Fire Red?

The FR Female Trainer's palette is located at 0x35B968. I don't get by what Palette #19 is in Overworld Editor, try to be more specific.

Virtual Chatot said:
When I try and add a new tileset

Helpzel.jpg

That happens...can anyone explain the reason?

It appears that your palettes don't match the ones there, so you just probably need to fix that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back