• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    inventing warps.
    What i mean is making warps that don't exist until you make it.
    Example.Warp no.86
    Map bank:70
    Map:23
    It doesn't exist in the real game so how do i make it exist?
    Connecting invented warps
    I mean how do you make new warps that connect to each other?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    NIN said:
    inventing warps.
    What i mean is making warps that don't exist until you make it.
    Example.Warp no.86
    Map bank:70
    Map:23
    It doesn't exist in the real game so how do i make it exist?
    Connecting invented warps
    I mean how do you make new warps that connect to each other?

On a map, on the names on the left hand side should contain 2 numbers next to it. The first number is the Map bank and the second number is the map. Just insert those numbers into the Map Bank and Map number onto the warp going to the map.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2009
    I accidently deleted the rival's signpost and the Pallet Town signpost in FR in A-Map..... how would I get these back?

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I accidently deleted the rival's signpost and the Pallet Town signpost in FR in A-Map..... how would I get these back?

Add two new signs in A-map
    place them in their respective spots
    Make simple text scripts for each, and insert them

If you don't know how to script at all, I'm not really sure how to help you
    But, if this is a hack, do you really need to have the same signposts in from the original? o.0

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
    I accidently deleted the rival's signpost and the Pallet Town signpost in FR in A-Map..... how would I get these back?

Erimgard told you how to do it. The script offset is $165859 for the Rival's house and the script offset is $165862 for the sign which displays the town name.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2009
    Erimgard told you how to do it. The script offset is $165859 for the Rival's house and the script offset is $165862 for the sign which displays the town name.

Hmmm..... i inserted the offset and it didn't work... is there something else i need to do?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    you could try and look at them with a new and untouched (or shall we say 'unhacked') FireRed ROM. then, just copy everything (unknowns, offsets, var numbers, etc) from the original to your rom and it should work (that happeend to me like.., I forgot how many times now. :D). I hope we helped ya out! ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
    Hmmm..... i inserted the offset and it didn't work... is there something else i need to do?

Did you have the sprite marked as active?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    Hi All!

I was contemplating starting a new hack. I'm set on certain ideas of how the game goes, I just don't know where to start at all.

Right, would it be wise for me to go through the scripts, in ScriptED, for example, and take note of which flags are set in the early stages of the game? i.e. PokéDex, the truck, setting the clock, etc.

Any input into this would be much, much appreciated! Maybe some hackers could tell me where they started from?

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    stead573 said:
    Hi All!

I was contemplating starting a new hack. I'm set on certain ideas of how the game goes, I just don't know where to start at all.

Right, would it be wise for me to go through the scripts, in ScriptED, for example, and take note of which flags are set in the early stages of the game? i.e. PokéDex, the truck, setting the clock, etc.

Any input into this would be much, much appreciated! Maybe some hackers could tell me where they started from?

Thanks in advance!

It would be helpful for yourself, also have a look at a few tutorials and see where they start. I remember Kike-Scott having one about flags...so that could be handy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    Thanks for that Blazichu!

Just read through it. Some quite useful flags there, a definite help towards starting.

Now, where to post new hack...only jokin'! :P

It'll be a while yet...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
    Yes............................

Maybe you need a new rom seeing as those offsets are correct. You could also just try and insert new text into blank space and make the signs read that text.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
    How is this done?

(fillafillafilla)

You can either script in new text using a script editor or add in new text using hex then write in the new offset over the old one.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • When I use SMCA,my screen still shakes.How can I stop that? I'm sorry if someone has already posted this question. btw thanks Blazichu for answering my questions, it really helped.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    When I use SMCA,my screen still shakes.How can I stop that? I'm sorry if someone has already posted this question. btw thanks Blazichu for answering my questions, it really helped.

You possibly have to remove the truck script to stop it from shaking.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • How do I make an OW appear once a flag is set?

Also, is it possible to make certain OWs have the property to be walked on? (like the boulders in Clair's gym)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back