• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Virtual Chatot said:
Ok...

How do I make them Match? o_o;

By pasting the old palettes over the ones you have done, you have to use within the 16 palettes given.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Virtual Chatot

As Blazichu said the main problem could be the palette, use the eyedropper and replace the new tiles with the current palettes. If you want the palettes to look different then thats a whole different story..

Watch out when your doing this because the game could crash if you change too many.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Pallete offset for grass in FR?
Thanks in advance.

~Celebi

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Celebi_XD said:
Pallete offset for grass in FR?
Thanks in advance.

~Celebi

It is located at 0xEA1B60, that also edits the whole green tileset.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Heres another related problem...

I've tried every single tileset, and none of them will work on it

But I know it'll work because its been done on other games before

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Virtual Chatot said:
Heres another related problem...

I've tried every single tileset, and none of them will work on it

But I know it'll work because its been done on other games before

Yes, it does work, you just need to palette change some of your tilesets to get them to work correctly.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Ok well I looked back at the resource where I got them from, and they actually turned out to be R/S/E Tiles...So that might explain it xD ( I'm using FR )

Another Question,
I've having trouble changing the tiles to make the trees fit...any tips?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Virtual Chatot said:
Ok well I looked back at the resource where I got them from, and they actually turned out to be R/S/E Tiles...So that might explain it xD ( I'm using FR )

Another Question,
I've having trouble changing the tiles to make the trees fit...any tips?

1. RSE still has a different palette to the FR tileset, so just use the eyedropper and fill in the tiles with the colours.

2. Try shinking them down a bit, cutting parts off might help you get it to fit.

Pamizard

Charizard Girl
Years
I'm new to hacking and I just have one question

What do I use to change the Pokemon you fight in the wild in Ruby. I've been looking for a program but I couldn't find one?

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
I have question.
What tool do i use to change the ability,the crys and the name for FR
Because im trying to add 4th geniration pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
pkmnmaster69 said:
I have question.
What tool do i use to change the ability,the crys and the name for FR
Because im trying to add 4th geniration pokemon.

Abilities can be changed in PA, the cries can be changed in hex and the names can be changed in N-E-A.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm new to hacking and I just have one question

What do I use to change the Pokemon you fight in the wild in Ruby. I've been looking for a program but I couldn't find one?

Advance Map has the hacking ability to change the PKMNs that are to be found in a certain map.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Is it possible to change the tile behaviors of certain tiles (using advancemap) in an FR rom?

I've already tried but it seems that the locations of the behaviors are different (than R/S) or they just don't plain work on AM. If there isn't any way to do that using that program are there any alternate ways?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dragongod165 said:
is there a way to just edit the palette of one particular overworld (the hero)?

Umm...by finding the pointers of which pallete the Hiro uses, anyway it is located at 0xB8EE.

Frostbite said:
Is it possible to change the tile behaviors of certain tiles (using advancemap) in an FR rom?

I've already tried but it seems that the locations of the behaviors are different (than R/S) or they just don't plain work on AM. If there isn't any way to do that using that program are there any alternate ways?

The numbers(tile behaviours) are shown when a tile is clicked onto in the Block Editor or just make them moveable or not under movement permissions.

PKMNCollector said:
Why do i keep getting an error when i try to open up CyclonePrototype?

Maybe you are missing a file that is needed. Have a search around and see what files are needed.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
The numbers(tile behaviours) are shown when a tile is clicked onto in the Block Editor or just make them moveable or not under movement permissions.
No, that's not what I meant, I probably wasn't specific enough.

By behaviors I mean things like grass animation, sliding on ice, ledge jumping, etc.

In FR the tile behavior numbers in the block editor don't seem to do anything weather you edit them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back