• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
What a game! Boro have done the town proud tonight and set a record in the process it seems. A bit disappointed it ended how it did, but I'm still more than happy with the job done tonight.

As long as we can keep our group of players together, I think we're on for a very very good season.

Rough night for Norwich, but I'm sure they'll be straight back on track in the next league game.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
What a game! Boro have done the town proud tonight and set a record in the process it seems. A bit disappointed it ended how it did, but I'm still more than happy with the job done tonight.

As long as we can keep our group of players together, I think we're on for a very very good season.

Rough night for Norwich, but I'm sure they'll be straight back on track in the next league game.

Just got home from Anfield, your team did you really proud tonight. They were hell to break down, and they really did put us under pressure! I've not seen us edge a game by such a fine margin. I wouldn't be surprised to see you in the Premier League next season if you play every game like that!

Liverpool aren't gonna do great this season but a strong midtable finish does seem to be how we'll go. 6th, 7th maybe? We've got to adjust. Was delighted to see Rossiter score on his debut. He will go far.

only problem is I have work tomorrow, but that penalty shootout was of such quality and it was so thrilling that I don't care.

I ****ing love football.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Only caught extra time in the Liverpool vs Boro game, seemed an okay match though.

Norwich and knock out competition really do not mix, a single decent run in my entire time supporting the club. Think Adams got one thing really wrong tonight, not a single pacy player started. It seems he wanted to give the rest of the central players much needed starts so there was no room for Murphy. Certainly should have performed better but I suppose a totally changed squad was always going to find it tough. Only real positive I can take from it is the fact that Hooper and Howson both returned from injuries.

Years
Just got home from Anfield, your team did you really proud tonight. They were hell to break down, and they really did put us under pressure! I've not seen us edge a game by such a fine margin. I wouldn't be surprised to see you in the Premier League next season if you play every game like that!

Liverpool aren't gonna do great this season but a strong midtable finish does seem to be how we'll go. 6th, 7th maybe? We've got to adjust. Was delighted to see Rossiter score on his debut. He will go far.

only problem is I have work tomorrow, but that penalty shootout was of such quality and it was so thrilling that I don't care.

I ****ing love football.

I'm a really pessimistic fan and I still think we have a good chance this season now. Bit worried about losing some players in January though, especially Reach since apparently he was being tracked by PL sides before the Liverpool game so I could see him leaving eventually which would be a shame unless we got a loan back.

I'm sure Liverpool will do fine, but Balotelli will have to look a lot more interested soon. I think you'll probably finish fifth which will be a disappointment after last season, but compared with other recent season it's more than acceptable. You still have a really good team obviously, but the two Manc sides, Chelsea & Arsenal should lock up the top four spots assuming United sort out their defence. It might be difficult for you or Spurs to break through again anytime soon.

Only caught extra time in the Liverpool vs Boro game, seemed an okay match though.

Norwich and knock out competition really do not mix, a single decent run in my entire time supporting the club. Think Adams got one thing really wrong tonight, not a single pacy player started. It seems he wanted to give the rest of the central players much needed starts so there was no room for Murphy. Certainly should have performed better but I suppose a totally changed squad was always going to find it tough. Only real positive I can take from it is the fact that Hooper and Howson both returned from injuries.

It was a pretty good game really, both teams had their moments. Only bad section was the first ten minutes or so of extra time were we didn't try to attack.

I suppose cup competitions are far from the priority for your side this year so it's not a major disappointment anyway. It will be useful to do well if you get back up though. Just had a little browse through Norwich's honours, I would have had no idea they finished 3rd in the first season of the Premier League. That's pretty cool really, not many teams can have finished in the top since it began outside the big ones. I'm thinking maybe Villa, Blackburn, Newcastle and perhaps Leeds?

Newcastle won. Most shocking result of the week.

I'm not even sure if that's a good thing because Dummett scoring the winner probably means Pardew is safe to play him for a few more weeks even though he's terrible. Any more weeks with him & Williamson in defence will end badly.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Not many sides have done it in the Premier League era that's for sure.

Sadly we were then violently mismanaged off of the pitch and we almost folded. Since then there has been a lot of mediocrity and a few seasons of what is now relative success in the Premier League. That being said I truly believe that we have a lot more good times to come under the stewardship of our CEO David McNally, to think that some fans seriously wanted him to quit. In my time watching I have seen 7 managers and McNally appointed the best and 3rd best, yeah the third best was actually Hughton and you know what I think about him.

Years
Middlesborough are surely going to be playing either the Tyne-Tees or the Wear-Tees derby next season.

Well ideally both would be nice and I'm sure Mike Ashley will put his hand in his pocket if Newcastle continue on like this. Sunderland should be fine I imagine, they'll kick on soon and probably get Borini back for a much smaller price than the £14m previously quoted in January.

I can't be as certain as saying we'll surely be playing either of them, but I'm very optimistic right now and maybe we'll have some sort of PC Football Discussion Thread dream promotion of Boro and Norwich.

Not many sides have done it in the Premier League era that's for sure.

Sadly we were then violently mismanaged off of the pitch and we almost folded. Since then there has been a lot of mediocrity and a few seasons of what is now relative success in the Premier League. That being said I truly believe that we have a lot more good times to come under the stewardship of our CEO David McNally, to think that some fans seriously wanted him to quit. In my time watching I have seen 7 managers and McNally appointed the best and 3rd best, yeah the third best was actually Hughton and you know what I think about him.

I'm sure Norwich will be a stable PL side sooner or later, obviously they're a fair bit unfortunate not to be in the league now, but I'm sure they'll be straight back up and be a solid side soon enough whereas teams like Fulham and maybe even Cardiff I think will probably languish down here like we have.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Well that would certainly be nice. In the meantime there should be a couple of good games between Boro and Norwich in the Championship, don't think either team will sit back too much in their respective away game.

Fulham and Cardiff, I just hope they remain amusing to watch from the outside a while longer. I also hope Hughton gets the Fulham job, that way I'm sure we'll get a million or two for Bassong come January.

Some real stability and time to build in the PL would be nice. Desperately hope we return this year or I'm sure Redmond will be off. Most exciting player we've had here since Huckerby.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I fancy Everton to get something from Anfield to be honest, Liverpool just are not that good this year at all.... the evening derby match between Arsenal and Tottenham I expect Arsenal to win by a few goals.

We are going to be demolished by Chelsea with Diego Costa scoring a bunch :lol:

Years
I hope for nothing less than a demolition. 4-0 or 5-0 with someone getting sent of. But in the end I'd be happy with a 1-0 or a 2-1. My favourite derby win was the one where Kygiakos got sent off and we still managed to get a goal and presevre the lead till the final whistle.

I hope Costa doesn't score today because my FPL H2H opponent has Costa in his team. :cheeky:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Good result for us even if the performance wasn't too amazing. Great first league goal for Murphy. Next up Charlton at home, hopefully we'll give them their first loss of the season, I think they've drawn 6 times already.

srinator

i wanna kill myself, i wanna ****ing kill myself, why united playing so badly, what the actual **** :/
did u guys watch the everton-liverpool match? damn man what a match! if we play like this we are so ****ing screwed next game.
even if we did win it felt like we lost 6-****ing-0. :/ i mean
really rooney? **** you.
really valencia? **** you.
really lvg? **** you.
really McNair? u rok, ima watch out for u.
why u so meh shaw?

man i am really frustrated :/

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
That Jagielka goal was amazing, simply stunning if your going to concede a goal that has to be it.

As I thought we lost 3-0 to Chelsea they will walk away with the league unbeaten I think they have a beast in Diego Costa

Anyone have the Arsenal vs Tottenham game on right now WHAT A SAVE by Lloris
https://vine.co/v/OZXJqM5hezh
Thou the goal-line tech might of been incorrect it reviewed the orginal shot but not what happened after.

Years
I think I'll watch MOTD tonight actually, I feel out of the loop on the PL this season and Fifa has me in the mood to watch it. Both derbies sound like fun games too. Pelle's goal is worth a rewatch.

Today's draw wasn't great, but it's acceptable given that we had to rest a few players. We should be back to winning ways against Blackpool on Tuesday anyway.

i wanna kill myself, i wanna ****ing kill myself, why united playing so badly, what the actual **** :/
did u guys watch the everton-liverpool match? damn man what a match! if we play like this we are so ****ing screwed next game.
even if we did win it felt like we lost 6-****ing-0. :/ i mean
really rooney? **** you.
really valencia? **** you.
really lvg? **** you.
really McNair? u rok, ima watch out for u.
why u so meh shaw?

man i am really frustrated :/

3 points during a major adaptation process and minor injury crisis seems like a good day to me. United will do fine against Everton I'm sure and even Rooney's red card isn't a major negative because it lets Mata into the team.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
It was amazing to see just how poor United were after Rooney got sent off it was all West Ham, they might of held on but other teams would of scored a couple. United are learning that you can not spend £151m spend most of it on attackers and cheap out defensively

Back