• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • That Blackpool heart. I it wouldn't take long for them to get that win with the performance they put in against us last weekend.

Rotherham tomorrow, hopefully we get a backlash after the Charlton loss.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm really ecstatic over Blackpool's win last night over Cardiff... it means so much. Francois Zoko got the only goal of the game, but a win's a win. :D

Years
  • Blackpool FC for their deep troubles is actually not doing that badly I'd say. Certainly better than Fulham that was managed by the joker that is Felix Magath.

Xabi Alonso has been brilliant for Bayern so far, he was the key to ending our dodgy run of form that continued from the end of last season and made me forget about letting go of Kroos.

Years
  • Much better performance yesterday. Stupid penalty conceded but we look very good while attacking. Mario impressed me with his link-up play... very rarely does a lone striker impress without taking proper shots on goal.

Just as we start playing well there's this stupid international break to spoil the fun. All this international football needs to be banned between August and May. Or maybe ban it altogether.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It happened again. Points dropped at home even after smashing them for 90 minutes.

Expect Forest will beat Ipswich meaning that we'll go into the international break second.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It happened again. Points dropped at home even after smashing them for 90 minutes.

Expect Forest will beat Ipswich meaning that we'll go into the international break second.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Well that wasn't very nice.

It's like nobody wants to go top spot in the Champs. Shame we have our bogey team next.
    Its amazing Leeds down in 14th are only 6 points from top spot, hope it stays this close would make for an epic final 10 matches

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I see we face San Marino tomorrow why on earth is there no pre-qualifying for sides like this....... these games are litreally pointless

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm probably gonna guess 7-0 for the England - San Marino game. But yeah, the lowest ranked teams should face each other for a place in the qualifiers... the OFC and CONCACAF do it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • International football should be great but in the modern climate it just isn't. Well, at least it is more enjoyable than modern day European cup football.

Years
  • I haven't checked the FPL since it started and my team was predictably in a terrible state. Half the team injured, Remy in first XI etc.

It would be good if they worked out a way to sort out qualifying in the summer, I don't think many people enjoy international breaks especially when it's to face teams like San Marino.

Years
  • There are way too many international breaks. They're just too frequent. It's been 2 months since the Premier League started and we've only played 7 matches - and 2 international breaks.
    They could instead have 2 longer international breaks per season with 3-4 qualification matches each. Rest of the qualification matches take place between May and August. Clubs usually waste that time playing pointless friendlies in USA, Australia and what not anyway.

At the moment we're having a 2 week break after every 3 league matches, which is extremely annoying.

Years
  • Well, there are 5 international breaks: March, (early) June, September, October, and November.

I wish it was more spread out like so: September, November, (early) January, March, and (early) June.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I somehow KNEW that Iceland would beat Holland as they have been flying as of late. And Croatia winning 6-0 over Azerbaijan. Doesn't get much better than that. I hope Iceland do make the finals, they deserve it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >@becchioluciano I want to say that I've broken my ankle and I'll be out around 3 months but I'll be back more strong...

Poor lad can't catch a break.
    Spoiler:

Got some good u21 action to watch tonight. England and then Norwich vs Spuds. Might go down to Carra for that as it is free entry.

Back