• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • Norwich fans literally bursting into a chorus of hallelujah when the ref awarded Norwich a freekick an hour in. Anyway perfect bus parking from Charlton.

B3mcMqr.png

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Well, I wouldn't say that we're learning that. Van Gaal knew that he needed to strengthen our defensive ranks, but he brought Rojo in and is very much trying to focus on bringing the youth team up and integrate them into the defence. I do understand that 'the best offence is a good defence', but with United, that's not really the case considering that we have the fire power up front, and to be honest after our last game against West Ham, I'm not so sure that we are lacking too badly in defence.

The goal was 100% de Gea's fault, he shouldn't have ran so far off the line for the ball during that corner, it was ridiculous. There were some very good clearances, McNair's header was absolutely amazing (not too mention pivotal) and Luke Shaw crossing over with di Maria was fantastic to watch. If anything, I think that our midfield and up front display suffered a lot more after Rooney was sent off.

Not looking forward to the next three games without him, though. We'll miss our captain, especially with Hererra gone in midfield with a fractured rib (I think that was it). He was easily one of the best players on the pitch last week.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    After losing 3-0 to Arsenal and 3-0 to Chelsea it gets easier for us now only Man City up next :lol:
    Hoping we can nab something out of the game since we beat them at Villa Park last season

Years
  • Of course, being top at this point doesn't mean anything. Still nice though.

The dropped points do matter though. If Wolves end up 3rd because of dropping points like this then they'd have these matches to blame. Huddersfield, Rotherham... They could have been top with some gap to spare.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Everybody drops points against lesser teams, I mean Norwich have dropped 7 against Charlton, Bournmouth and Charlton in the last 3 home games.

As for Wolves, they are a decent side but their squad is pretty thin. Would be surprised if they kept up their early season form all season.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Everybody drops points against lesser teams, I mean Norwich have dropped 7 against Charlton, Bournmouth and Charlton in the last 3 home games.

As for Wolves, they are a decent side but their squad is pretty thin. Would be surprised if they kept up their early season form all season.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    You're talking about the 1st to 8th places in the championship, and here's where I end up bottom of the league. Not even a win to Blackpool's name. A few goals and other things, but not a win in about 9-10 games. Only think Blackpool are doing is fighting relegation. Oyston needs to go, though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    You're talking about the 1st to 8th places in the championship, and here's where I end up bottom of the league. Not even a win to Blackpool's name. A few goals and other things, but not a win in about 9-10 games. Only think Blackpool are doing is fighting relegation. Oyston needs to go, though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Certainly not looking good for Blackpool, although you can take heart from the fact you aren't getting rolled over every week. You can't have been expecting much after that squad was thrown together in a couple of weeks.

Years
  • Well the Balotelli problems begin, he seems lazy and disinterested in some games and DM (highly reputable I know) are saying he refused to applaud the travelling fans for a second time.

Wtf just happened. If we play like that in the League Cup against a League 2 side we'd still lose.:|

If only you played like that in your last midweek fixture. :P

Certainly not looking good for Blackpool, although you can take heart from the fact you aren't getting rolled over every week. You can't have been expecting much after that squad was thrown together in a couple of weeks.

Not to mention they took a point from the almighty fortress that is the Riverside. seriously why are we so bad at home

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't seen any of our matches this season unfortunately so I wouldn't know, but based on the amount of teams that parked the bus in previous seasons when we weren't even good I'll go with yes.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • That Blackpool heart. I it wouldn't take long for them to get that win with the performance they put in against us last weekend.

Rotherham tomorrow, hopefully we get a backlash after the Charlton loss.

Back