• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name Changes

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
  • I was at Serebii.net Forum and they had an "Official Name Change Request Thread" I was wondering if we could do that here. Cuase some ppl have been here a while and have alot of posts and dont wanna give them up.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • The admins wont change your name unless there was a typo when you made the account. The only way to get a new name is to start a new account.

Oh and we are not SPPF. :/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If you want to change your name, you have to give up your posts. Fair trade, I would think. 9_9 In SOME cases, the two accounts can be merged afterwards, like what happened when Satoshi-kun got his new name, but that's a rare occurance.

The reasoning behind this is to prevent mass confusion. If all of a sudden a member doesn't seem to be there anymore due to a name change, it can get kind of hectic or whatever. =\

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Well, the thread whould prevent the confusion...make an offical thread, and people can see who changes their name. BUt i know the admins would never do it.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Perhaps, but most people aren?t going to browse through that thread to see who?s?who. Name changes, as aforementioned aren?t only annoying to do so many of them, but it?s not fun to come online and learn a totally new set of names each time you post. x_x; Then there?s stuff like new members getting confused as why a member is being called by some name they aren?t, when that post was made prior to the name change etc.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Err...I guess you all are right. I might change my name, but I really dont want to lose my almost 1,000 posts.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Log out. Hit the "Register" link. Fill in information. Hit submit. Go to e-mail and activate accont.

Post.

Soon enough, you'll have matched and surpassed your previous post count. Is it that hard? =/

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It?d take me a while. ;o Though I really don?t care, I?ve lost a couple thousand or so to all these attacks. XP

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Same here... but it doesn't take all that much to make 100 posts here, especially if you go to all the forums. =/

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    One thing I suggest before signing up is to make sure you really like that username. I highly don't recommend using the name of something like a pokemon's name. Then you grow old of the name, and want to change it. Try using a name that is unique. Then you won't want to change it. Simple, imo

*dies*

Dark Gogeta

GRRR! Scary! XD
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    Ok, I did it, my new Screenname is Dark Gogeta. but now i only have like 6 posts :(

Years
  • Shadow said:

Oh and we are not SPPF. :/

Got a nice point there, Shadow. I see that we are in the same boat. :D

As everyone said, you can just start a new account. No harm done. ^_^

And posts are just nothing really...

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I agree with everyone. People call me Casty but I like Castrainer too... I have no plans to change it unless I have to Re-Register, than I will change it go Gian-Sama... But as long as I dont need, I will stay with Castrainer ^_^

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well here is how it would go for the staff members.
    I don't like my name, I want it changed to ...
    A week latter.
    I don't like my new name, I want it changed to ...

And I know the Admins won't fool around with changing member's user names so that just leaves Abby and me to change the names.
    And when you change names people gets confused with who you are. I mean if Erica signed up as Pichu then would it would take people time to find out "Hey Pichu was Lightning, I didn't know that till now.".

Kobrelair

Dwelling in The Nights
    Years
  • I want to sorta change my name.. but not really only to KoBRe LaiR is the same name, but with capital letters and lower case ones. Is that possible, this used to be my old username, but since i had some troubles getting the name right, I couldn't registered again with the name.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Kobrelair said:
    I want to sorta change my name.. but not really only to KoBRe LaiR is the same name, but with capital letters and lower case ones. Is that possible, this used to be my old username, but since i had some troubles getting the name right, I couldn't registered again with the name.

Well, you only have 11 posts, so why not just re-register? If you were having troubles getting the name right and didn't mean for it to be in lower case then I'm sure they'll let you change it, but it just seems pointless to change your name when you've only made 11 posts in the past 8 months.

Kobrelair

Dwelling in The Nights
    Years
  • Well, I'm originally known now as DarkAvengerCobra, but I know they are not going to merge that user name with this one. And I really like the name KoBRe LaiR, but I gave it up since after a month I registered this user name did not let me post for some reasons, so I made a new one.

Back