• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Are you a musician?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
  • Do you make music? If so, what kind of instrument or software do you play/use? If you have a sample, please share!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I sing, and play a variety of instruments at a novice level. When it comes to instruments I'm best with guitar, but it's mainly so I can accompany me singing. It's a lot of acoustic songs. I really like adapting rougher rock songs into acoustic stuff, it makes for very dynamic results. I sometimes fill in on bass or cajon for friends, but I can't do complicated stuff. It's good enough to do some basic rhythm stuff, but after that it gets difficult for me. I guess I should practice more with those.
    I mainly sing when I'm making music though. I have a lot of friends who are amazingly good musicians, so it's a lot of fun to play with them, but except for singing, I'm just not on their level. Luckily male vocalists aren't something you find everywhere around here, so there's some demand to play with me, haha.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • yes! I play saxophone, drums, piano, and can strum a few guitar chords in a possibly aesthetically pleasing way. I can also sing in some form, even though I have a quite bad voice, it's still kinda fun. would love to try my hand at producing someday, and also just learning a shitton of instruments and making my own music by myself. that'd be fun. as it is now I play in a band (that's kind of on hiatus due to the singer going to college. sad). we play restaurants and stuff sometimes. we cover a lot of Weezer and the lead guitarist whose favorite band is Rush writes some ****. the things he writes kinda sound like a cross between Rush and, like, Sunny Day Real Estate. it's weird, but it works, somehow.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I used to play Trumpet, French Horn, Mellophone, and Flugel for my high school band, and continued with French Horn into college, but ever since I dropped out I haven't played. I do miss it, and would love to get back into it, but I'm afraid I would disturb my neighbors (I live in an apartment) since the French Horn isn't exactly a quiet instrument.

Although, I do write some music from time to time. I'm not very good, but I think I've created some decent stuff. I also made the outro jingle for the PC youtube channel. Here it is in case you're interested:

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    I am a vocalist. I use to be in a death metal band about 6 years ago but decided to make my own music. Right now I'm doing a solo ambient/atmospheric black metal project mainly using fl studios 10. I'm kind of at a stop right now so I can build a good pc to handle fl decently. Feel free to check it out.
    https://www.reverbnation.com/falluntowinter

Sir Codin

I've dabbled in musicianship before, but nothing really noteworthy. I mostly played drums, but I never got much of a chance to get really good due to my kit being a pile of ****.

I also practice guitar from time to time, but it's acoustic and missing the first two strings, leaving me only the bottom four strings, so I haven't composed anything, just simply strum on it from time to time whenever I'm in the mood.

Side note:
    Spoiler:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I am a vocalist. I use to be in a death metal band about 6 years ago but decided to make my own music. Right now I'm doing a solo ambient/atmospheric black metal project mainly using fl studios 10. I'm kind of at a stop right now so I can build a good pc to handle fl decently. Feel free to check it out.
    https://www.reverbnation.com/falluntowinter

Your work sounds like it could make some really great game music.

I picked up FL Studio 12 to do some trance and dubstep. I've only been producing for a little under three weeks, but I'm making some great progress.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    Your work sounds like it could make some really great game music.

I picked up FL Studio 12 to do some trance and dubstep. I've only been producing for a little under three weeks, but I'm making some great progress.
    Nice. How's fl 12? Yah black metal in a video game. ...would be interesting to say the least haha

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
  • I actually am trying. I got an acoustic guitar and I'm learning quite well. I'm playing it for 2 weeks now and the sound is starting to come, albeit I play very slowly yet. All of this because I have some great ideas to compose but I'm hindered because I lack said knowledge. Hopefully by the end of the next year I'll be playing some good stuff!
    It's sad however I want to understand stuff way too quickly, and with instruments it's "trial and error". Until I get this it's going to be a pain. But I so much want to learn it! Someone that plays instruments is already beautiful because it's an amazing ability! I get insta-jelly, honestly.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • Yes I am a musician. I'm currently focused on Hip-Hop and I'm an Hip-Hop artist (rapper), songwriter, as well as an sound engineer and producer. I'm not too advanced into sound engineering yet but I'm definitely beyond novice as I've had many people ask me to mix their material so I'd say I'm in quite intermediate. The software I use is Presonus Studio One: Professional, when recording and mixing & mastering with studio equipment and Cocko's Reaper when I'm just using a USB mic and FL Studio 11 for production and beat composition. If you'd like to check my music out, feel free to so by clicking on either my Soundcloud or Reverbnation link in my signature. Currently only have 2 songs up, had more but for some reason I removed them, not sure why. Currently working on a mixtape, consists of 17 tracks and my goal I'm shooting for as in completion is by the end of this year. If you listen to my tracks on Soundcloud, they will be on my mixtape.

Last edited:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Hells yeah! I play piano as my primary instrument, but I also sing, play bass and I'm starting to learn guitar. (I'm terrible tho)

I compose solo piano pieces every now and then, and I also play keys in a local folk-pop band and I sing/play bass in a pop-punk trio. Basically I have a lot of things going on. xD

I actually released an instrumental piano album last week, and I'd absolutely love if you guys checked it out, it's totally free to stream/dl :) hate to plug my own stuff but...
    https://wetoreupthecanvas.bandcamp.com

The way I usually make solo music is with a keyboard, a midi interface and Logic Pro. It's amazing how much you can do with just a few things :P

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • I wish I was that talented to make music,haha.I do play though.I played piano for 4-5 years.And a few years back,started learn guitar on my own.

Learn music theory. Coming from someone that produces beats digitally and played guitar for 5 years not knowing music theory just makes things that more difficult. You'll learn which notes, chords, arpeggios, etc go with what. You'll get a firm grasp of the scales; minor, majors, harmonics, chromatics, melodics, etc. as well as the learn the structure of music and melody's. Hell, if you just learn minors and majors in every key you'll be composing music in an instant. Anyone can have the talent to compose but it takes talent to be a good composer and you need to know music theory and get deep into it.

Last edited:

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    I play the piano, so I guess that counts. Currently I'm slowly learning the ukulele and the guitar, but I do most of my music on software anyway. I make remixes, original themes for Pokemon fanmade games and apps and all that junk. Currently at 650,000 views! YouTube link at sig if interested hehe. x3

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Really like the music theory post, motivates me to want to take a class lol
    I play violin and guitar. I sing sometimes. I'm not a part of an orchestra or anything anymore so I just play as a hobby now..currently taking a break from playing.
    I really want to create my own music. Best thing I can do is improv in covers :/

Years
  • Yeah, mainly guitar and vocals. I am also pretty talented on bass and acoustic drums. (and I play a mean kazoo) Can't really do the FL Studio like program instrument stuff, but I would love to learn.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I play mainly drums and a little bit of guitar and piano/keyboard as well as write songs. I have an interface and Pro Tools Express to record with, thought I haven't done much of that lately :X

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I've been teaching myself guitar for over two years now but I am nowhere near confident enough to call myself a musician ahaha

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • I'm actually a rapper, A Christian hip hop artist to be exact, I also am a songwriter and like poetry a little bit too. I don't have a website yet cause I'm still kinda new at this. But yeah I guess that's pretty much it.

➖ Sam

Back