• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I admit, it's dead cute in the anime. But so were Emolga and the Pichu brothers and even Minun and Plusle. Pachirisu not so much imo xD

I hope this is an early April Fool's joke :(
    Tehhehhehehe. I never make jokes.

:]

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • It seems like other ones where afterthoughts of Pikachu varieties or something, but you can get Pikachu itself in pretty much every game at one point or another

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a huge fan of the electric rodents. They're all adorable. <3 My most favorite, though, would probably have to be Pikachu. I'm just more familiar with it, haha. As for the PokéGeneric skin, I tried it once but didn't like it. It's not that bad, but… y'know, it just doesn't fit my tastes.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • I've never really liked any of the electric rodents. Because of the biggest monstrosity in the world:

images

I got fed up with Ash in the anime and his partner in crime was Pikachu. Ever since then, I've hated every electric rodent and Pikachu's become my least favorite pokemon. If it was up to me I would put Charizard as the official mascot of pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aww, TD. Pikachu in the anime lost personality after the first seasons, yeah, but it's not that horrible imo. But I see what you mean, if you don't like Ash it's difficult to like Pikachu when he acts like Ash.

I used to use the Blossom Shower skin for a long time, but nowadays my screen is so wide that it's weirdly stretched out. I prefer fixed-width Forever Standing :3 Pokémon manga <3

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Aww, TD. Pikachu in the anime lost personality after the first seasons, yeah, but it's not that horrible imo. But I see what you mean, if you don't like Ash it's difficult to like Pikachu when he acts like Ash.

I used to use the Blossom Shower skin for a long time, but nowadays my screen is so wide that it's weirdly stretched out. I prefer fixed-width Forever Standing :3 Pokémon manga <3

I admit you're right, kinda. Maybe I'll be a bit softer to Pikachu but it's still evil. Now since I saw that word manga, I came upon a question for you guys.

Were/Are you an Active Reader of Pokemon Manga?

Will answer that later. Anyway, I hope they don't do the usual pokemon sprites thing for April Fools Day.... *shivers*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Were/Are you an Active Reader of Pokemon Manga?
    Not very active nowadays, but I used to read Pokémon Special, and when I finished I re-read it xD There are so many volumes to it takes a while. Still haven't found every HG/SS chapter and haven't finished the Unova chapters.

I've read other pokémon mangas from time to time but most others I've found have been discontinued, or I can't find the whole of them ;;

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Anime haters everywhere D:

Nope, I've never actively read the Pokémon manga. The most I've ever read the manga was when I was looking for a panel to use for the Caption Contest a few months ago haha.

Years
  • I've never bothered reading the manga either, but the closest I have is just seeing partial scans on Serebii and Bulbapedia, nothing more.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I've never bothered reading the manga either, but the closest I have is just seeing partial scans on Serebii and Bulbapedia, nothing more.

You clearly haven't lived. The PokéSpe manga (Hidenori Kusaka and Mato) is just too awesome to miss XD

The storyline is wonderful and they give a way more intense story than the games through the books. And they aren't so expensive, either.

Years
  • You clearly haven't lived. The PokéSpe manga (Hidenori Kusaka and Mato) is just too awesome to miss XD

The storyline is wonderful and they give a way more intense story than the games through the books. And they aren't so expensive, either.
    Not to worry though, I've always had the interest in wanting to get ahold of one copy of the manga and read through it, specifically Adventures.. but I just haven't had the free time lately to look for a copy xD

Years
  • If I could just walk into a store and see any version of the Pokemon manga, I'd probably give it a chance. It's not for lack of trying though- both local bookstores I've been in that carry manga seem to have everything but Pokemon.

Not that I'm into comics/manga anyway, but I'd like to have a copy that I've read at some point just to say I did.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's been an extremely long time since I've read a Pokémon manga... six years, I think. xD" Where I live, it's just impossible to find these stuff in stores. It's not that hard to find them in the city though, but it takes, like, two hours to get there. If there's a lot of traffic, then it could take even longer.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • One time in the one convention I ever went to, I picked up a copy of the Pokemon Manga (involving Gold) for the heck of it.

Years
  • I managed to find a copy of Adventures Ruby & Sapphire from my library.. I don't really care too much for the story, but it's going to be read out-of-order, and it's something for me to look at when I'm bored. If I like it, I'll read some other issues.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • I've only read Red and Blue Adventures and that was 6 years ago but I still love the manga. It's just that I can't find any more copies where I live.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I've noticed that most bookstores (3 various chains in my area) put Poke special in the children's section, not in the usual manga area. So it might help to look there if you guys have the chance

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
    Years
  • I managed to find a copy of Adventures Ruby & Sapphire from my library.. I don't really care too much for the story, but it's going to be read out-of-order, and it's something for me to look at when I'm bored. If I like it, I'll read some other issues.

Nice. I found an older version of the Kanto Saga of Pokemon Adventures at my local bookstore one day. I don't even know how it got there. When I tried to buy it, they were like "WTF we don't sell that here". ORDERING FAIL XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Chitchatting about manga in the DCC when there is a thread for manga chit-chat, pff xD

I read some of the Golden Boys manga yesterday. It's pretty funny, Gold is your average overenergetic boy but Totodile and Pikachu have great personalities :3

@ Dark Soul Umbreon, I like the older versions better because the new cover arts have such plastic looking logos :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back