• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Changing backgrounds in the pc was a great way to organize types in my opinion until you caught something of the wrong type and it was sent there automatically
    This! I organized them very neatly in ruby :3

Okay, if there's one thing that I don't miss from the older games, is only being able to keep 15 Pokemon in a box, and going through the hassle of switching between them (though, I don't mind admitting that I used the cloning exploit in Gold caused by this process). And just think- when we eventually get Pokemon bank, we'll be able to access over 3000 Pokemon at a time with minimal effort, rather than the 15 (+6) of yesteryear.
    So pokémon is turning more and more into collecting creatures without caring. "Hey, I've caught 3000 pokémon, Ash. How many have you got?" I don't think I'll ever fill a whole pokédex :p And I never bothered to learn the tricks of breeding so I never have more than occasional duplicates of a species. But that's me, haha, a very nonfocused ex-pokémon gamer.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Over the years, I've gotten very picky over what I catch, mainly what I can see myself using through my journey, and what I may swap out post game. X/Y has made that exceptionally harder though

Years
  • Aside from White 2 (where I've just got a bunch of my Pokemon waiting to be transferred over to Y), I'm pretty picky about which Pokemon that I catch, too. Not including random Wonder Trade, GTS and event Pokemon which I'll never use, I've only got 7 total Pokemon in my box, plus the 6 in my party. I still haven't finished the game yet, but I don't anticipate that number getting any higher than 10+6 prior to beating the Elite Four.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Because there are so many pokémon there, or?

I usually catch anything I don't downright detest, so I always have a few boxes of pokémon when I reach the end, at least.

Me too. I guess that's because when I 'catch' a Pokémon I feel that I've deemed said Pokémon to travel with me. I don't see why I have to box them away somewhere just to complete a Pokédex. Maybe if they're shiny or legendary or... but anyway, I make it a point to not let a baggage grow up in the PC. It's not like I'm going to get anything by completing a Pokédex (or can anyway, because of all those event Pokémon and the National Dex factor), and I want to make the journey as realistic as possible.

Years
  • I don't catch to complete. I only catch rare Pokémons, Pokémon which I like for their designs and Pokémons I always wanted but never had by trade. (e.g. Gengar, Machamp, Slowking.)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • The good thing about the small amount of new Pokémon is that it's easy to remember all of them. Unfortunately that also led to a small amount of Kalos-exclusive Pokémon inhabiting each route, cave, etc. At least I might be able to catch all of the new Pokémon, for once :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    IRL Pokemon 1st Gen Gym Challenges?

Hello friends, comrades, trainers. I come to you in need of some creative assistance.

How would you convert pokemon gym challenges into real life?

It's my boyfriends 21st so I bought him the 1st gen badges. BUT he has to earn them first, so I've captured as many of the leaders pokemon outside of friend safari and am currently trying to make enough friends to capture the rest and train them to the according levels

The idea is to battle him with each team in order (Boulder to Cascade to Thunder...etc)

HOWEVER, as you all know from trekking through the vast regions to get from gym to gym, it's not as simple as that.

So what I want to do is create challenges and a 'journey' which corresponds to each Gym's type.

We live in London, so I figured for Cascade Badge, could take the Water Tube on the Thames
    And for the Rainbow or Earth badge could occur in Hyde Park/ Kew Gardens

But from those of you who aren't from London, I'm looking for more kind of actual challenges. A bit like how some gyms involve more than just battling members and actually thinking to solve puzzles to make it to the Leader. But unfortunately I can't make him eat fire, or poison him and only give the antidote once he's beaten my team (as interesting as that would be!!) .

So i need your help!

If you have any ideas/suggestions/comments (or want friendships for x/y) it would be very welcome! :)

Thanks for your time :D

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • That's so awesome! You must be a really cool girlfriend. I'm totally not that creative so can't help you much but best of luck to you both and happy birthday to him!

Years
  • If you want some friend codes for Pokemon X/Y, try our Friend Code Sharing Thread- there should be lots of people happy to add you!

And I'm not sure how exactly you'd want to translate Pokemon challenges to real life. Maybe some sort of a maze as a challenge? Maybe a scavenger hunt? I'm not that familiar with the geography of London or converting in-game challenges to real life, but maybe those could work in some way.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • As for what was said earlier, I'd say I have a quirk to where the box backgrounds must be perfectly random, in Gen III at least. In my Alpha Alex Emerald, Box 1 is Sky, Box 2 is Crag, Box 3 is Underwater, Box 4 is River, and so on. I made sure there was no resemblance to the original order of what was there before; I also refuse to organize them by habitat. Although I do like to pair parents together in boxes for breeding. :3

As for why I do this, I'd say it's because I got a used copy of FireRed with everything beaten and like 7 boxes of 'mons. The boxes in that game were in that fashion, and… it appealed to me, oddly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I usually do the same with my boxes; I apply wallpapers to them based on the type of Pokémon they hold. :p If box 1's filled with rock-types, then I'd give it a mountain background; if 2 contains water-types, I'd apply an ocean wallpaper to it; if box 3 has grass-types, then I'd make it have a forest background; and so on and so forth.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I tend to think 'I'm going to plan it out' and then when I catch stuff I put it off and it keeps happening so then when I actually start breeding/training stuff half of my boxes are a mess. =(

Years
  • Breeding oh gosh. I've gotten boxes upon boxes full of Level 1 Pokémon in the past just from breeding, either by attempting IV breeding (which I have failed at miserably), or just from waiting to get a Masuda method shiny.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I wish there were more boxes honestly. Ive been breeding in this gen more than any other. Partially because it's super easy this time around and I've been helping my friends. I try to have 2 boxes set aside for pokemon I battle with. TRY being the key word

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I've gotten super picky about the pokemon I keep. I've only ever really filled up a box and a half, maybe two at maximum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back