• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meta

Years
  • i'm sure by now y'all know that the company once known as Facebook has changed their official business name to Meta.

facebook is a product now, and its sister apps include instagram, messenger and whatsapp.

however, what i want to know is: what do you think of the change to Meta? is it a name you like, or perhaps you think a better name could have been chosen?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm honestly indifferent. If a company wants to change their name to something else, I have no say in it.

But, I guess it makes sense since Facebook doesn't just own Facebook anymore, so a different name was needed to differentiate that so Instagram isn't "Instagram from Facebook".

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Good that they finally play with open cards. We knew it already but at least it's now more obvious that they are indeed intending to create a dystopian society.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i use the word meta for many other things so i think it's dumb they chose something such common and tried to make it their own. idt it's gonna stick well.

Years
  • Same with Riki. Meta has a solid definition already in my brain and it's weird that it'll be mainly associated with them from now on.

Back