• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #13] Lapras and Sceptile!

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Give it up for the mighty Muk!

215px-Adult_Lapras.png
    VS
    200px-Ash_Sceptile_Pound.png

Good luck, Lapras...

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • No Doubt its gonna Be Sceptile for me. I might not be a Hoenn Fan but Sceptile...Compared to Lapras?! I gotta say, Sceptile has Power, Personality, and SPEED! I was satisfied when he defeated Darkrai O_O, And Lapras...Well....We didn't get to see much of it. Its was only the Orange Island Saga and that's it. Most of what it did is SURF. Go for a Total Smash SCEPTILE! Wooo...

Umm....was there a Poll that featured Ubers? Something like Garchomp VS Dragonite...now that's cool!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Umm....was there a Poll that featured Ubers? Something like Garchomp VS Dragonite...now that's cool!
    This is only Ash pokemon. Maybe you are thinking of Pokemon General when they did Pokemon vs. Pokemon. And Dragonite is OU not Uber.

Lapras only use was pretty much for transportation. Other then that what did we really see out of it? It was apart of his team for one filler saga woot woot. Sceptile had a great personality from the get go as Treecko. It goes to show you that just cause a pokemon evolves and is strong doesn't mean it has any less personality then it began with, and too me they did a great job illustrating that through Sceptile.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Sceptile all the freakin' way. I mean, c'mon, Sceptile has shown to be a powerhouse in every sense of the word. Oh, and he beat a Darkrai! Lapras was transportation. That's pretty much it.

Sceptile.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's going to be Sceptile for me too. I grew very fond of Sceptile through Hoenn as a Treecko and Grovyle. Sceptile had a great personality, I loved how he always had that stick in his mouth, and how Meganium made a flower grow at the end of it when he fell in love with it. xD; I really enjoyed in the BF, when it was unable to use any moves after being put down like that, it was a great development episode and showed a great bond between him and Ash. Like the user above me mentioned, Sceptile was actually the first Pokémon to ever take out Darkrai in the Pokémon league, that certainly shows it's skill for sure.
    tumblr_lpqf436ete1qfyz1jo1_500.gif

Like Kenshin5 mentioned, Lapras really only had it's time to shine in the orange islands, and although we did see it in Johto, grown up in fact, I only ever really saw it as transportation.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If they fought, Lapras normally wouldn't win (not that it COULDN'T..), but I still prefer it over Sceptile.

So Lapras gets my vote, I've always adored that Pokemon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I liked Lapras as a child, but damn did Pokémopolis warp my view on it. Besides, you can't help but love Sceptile~ :D

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I love Lapras due to it having a great personality,even though it didn't battle that much,it was still a great pokemon. Sceptile had a great personality and had great battles,it prove that it was a strong pokemon and it had great speed attacks aswell.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • This is only Ash pokemon. Maybe you are thinking of Pokemon General when they did Pokemon vs. Pokemon. And Dragonite is OU not Uber.

I See now :o ....I actually didn't realize until I saw there was A list and it was much more like a tournament... And..Dragonite isn't a Pseudo-Legendary?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I love Lapras due to it having a great personality,even though it didn't battle that much,it was still a great pokemon. Sceptile had a great personality and had great battles,it prove that it was a strong pokemon and it had great speed attacks aswell.
    Too me it is more of a means to an end. Why use a boat when you can use a pokemon. At least it incorporates a new pokemon to the group and gives the fans maybe something they wanted which was too see Ash with Lapras. Personality wise too me it had little more personality then the regional birds.

This is only Ash pokemon. Maybe you are thinking of Pokemon General when they did Pokemon vs. Pokemon. And Dragonite is OU not Uber.

I See now :o ....I actually didn't realize until I saw there was A list and it was much more like a tournament... And..Dragonite isn't a Pseudo-Legendary?
    Pseudo Legendary and Tier systems have nothing to do with each other. Smogon places Garchomp on the Uber list. While Dragonite is just OU. But that discussion would be for a place like Competitive Battle Center.

And too the people that may cast their vote cause Sceptile beat Darkrai and that is what you are basing it on, he did have help from Heracross landing a Megahorn(due to it using Sleep Talk), and Gible hitting with Rock Smash(super effective). Yes Sceptile did a good deal to defeat Darkrai but not without some help for sure.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Sceptile, most definitely. I liked how it hung out on its own often and how it looked cool with the stick in its mouth.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
  • Sceptile is the definant winner imo he beat Darkrai (yes with a little help but still), and he could destroy Lapras with one leaf blade, and does anyone know any of Lapras' moves besides maby Surf I can't even remember any lol

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Sceptile is the definant winner imo he beat Darkrai (yes with a little help but still), and he could destroy Lapras with one leaf blade, and does anyone know any of Lapras' moves besides maby Surf I can't even remember any lol
    Depends on the terrain they are on. Obviously if the playing field is predominatly water based Lapras has as good a chance as Sceptile. It knows Ice Beam which would be just as Super Effective against Sceptile as Leaf Blade would be against Lapras. Also Lapras could also freeze the field making Sceptile agile movements some what negated too say the least.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Sceptile (despite missing most of the hoenn saga) becuase he had character devolpment and he was memorable. Losing his moves, being in love. Fighting and tying with May's Blaziken and beating a darkrai. I don't remmeber Lapras all that much other than it wa lost and it ferried Ash and co around the orange island.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    Lapras is one of the few pokemon that I really don't like. Sceptile, on the other hand is one of my favorite of Ash's pokemon. That makes this a really easy pick for me. Sceptile hands down.

Back