• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Trainer Hill/Trainer Tower

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In Emerald and FireRed/Leaf Green there is a battle facility known as Trainer Hill or Trainer Tower. It is a place where you battle trainers. There's 4 floors in both, with increasingly more difficult Pokemon as you continue. You are also timed in here. If you get to the roof, you'll get an item. Also, in the FR/LG version of this area, some trainers have shiny Pokemon.

Did you ever bother with the Trainer Hill/Trainer Tower? I did once. Seeing an NPC with a shiny Pokemon freaked me out a bit at first.

Years
  • I never really bothered with Trainer Hill/Trainer Tower much when I was younger, but in a Fire Red play-through I did recently, I decided to get to the top just to see what would happen, I wasn't overly impressed with the reward. I feel like they could have done more with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i did it a few times but was too bitter abt that shiny espeon so i didn't wanna see it anymore

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I never really liked the Trainer Tower, I might like it more now that I have more competitive and battle knowledge to ready myself for clean sweeps, but it doesn't pique my interest as something I absolutely must do while I play through Emerald.

Years
  • Too competitive-oriented for my casual ass. I'll stick to battling Youngster Joeys thanks lol.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Hmm. I tried the Trainer Hill/Trainer Tower a couple times.

I stumbled across multiple trainers in the FR/LG version, and they carried some interesting shiny Pokemon.

It was entirely freaking me out the first time though- "How is this possible? NPCs have SHINY POKEMON?! Why don't I?"

Back