• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone remember let's find pokemon?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically a general discussion thread for those books where you look for these creatures. Seriously, does anyone remember them? Here are examples:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Feel free to ask whether or not you want better quality screenshots.

So yeah, these books are basically what it looks like: a massive picture of creatures doing their own things, and you must find certain ones. Some books will even make it easy and show the area the mons are located in.

As shown in the 4th screenshot, there are union room challenges or whatever and there you need to search specific things from the whole book.

As shown in the 5th screenshot, it is like the union room stuff except it tells a plot from various scenes in the book.

This is all from the FRLG book and most of the other ones really share the same formula, and there you have it!

And yes, apparently 'monstar buff' is used in the translation I have. I never understood how they translated it to that.

So overall, here is where you discuss the entirety of these books! Thoughts on the random scenes you saw? Thoughts on the union room stuff? Feel free to share!

Years
  • okay either I have no recollection of having these as a kid, or I never knew they existed. that's really fun and I'd have loved to do this when I was young. the old watercolor art style for Pokémon is iconic and seeing it here makes me happy too. <3 curiously, are these books from your collection?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I remember checking a couple of them out from the library, but I didn't know they made any past Gen. I! Wish I actually owned some of 'em. Love the art style.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I checked a couple out from the library. I knew that there were a few made after gen I, but I've only personally only seen one from Emerald, never beyond. Tbh, they're too easy for me, as an adult, aha.

Years
  • I REMEMBER THESE. i can't remember what library i found them in, but i was a wee lad and it was so cool seeing so many pokemon in a full page spread.

i thought it was a lot better drawn though... these pics just look like the guys pasted the pokemon onto a scene or something. in the book i remember there was full on interaction with the environment.

Back