• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who will be Ash's water-type in Alola?

Ash's water-type

• Mareanie/Toxapex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golisopod

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Araquanid

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Pyukumuku

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Bruxish

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • ...Greninja?!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No water-type

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Alexander18

Banned
Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Going for Bruxish. It would give him a psychic type and we don't have to worry about it not evolving since it has no evolution. Ash's water type pokemon seems to have bad luck in the show.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Going for Bruxish. It would give him a psychic type and we don't have to worry about it not evolving since it has no evolution. Ash's water type pokemon seems to have bad luck in the show.

Except Bruxish is a Water type that can't walk on land like his previous water types. It's gotta be either Wimpod or Pyukumuku as the joke member of Ash's team (Araquanid is likely reserved for Lana).

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    Going for Bruxish. It would give him a psychic type and we don't have to worry about it not evolving since it has no evolution. Ash's water type pokemon seems to have bad luck in the show.

Bruxish can't fight on land.

Unless USUM introduces some Water-type Alolan forms, his only options are the Wimpod and Dewpider families. The former is associated with Guzma, and the latter is owned by Lana in the games and will likely be her second Pokemon if she catches one.

I'm starting to think Ash just won't get a Water type this gen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I doubt that Ash will get a water type this gen, if he would it would probably be the Wimpod line and since he didn't catch the one he saved I think this time no water type for Ash. The other option would be Dewpider but that Pokémon probably is reserved to Lana.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Except Bruxish is a Water type that can't walk on land like his previous water types. It's gotta be either Wimpod or Pyukumuku as the joke member of Ash's team (Araquanid is likely reserved for Lana).
    It is part Psychic. It can use that to float in the air.
    Bruxish can't fight on land.

Unless USUM introduces some Water-type Alolan forms, his only options are the Wimpod and Dewpider families. The former is associated with Guzma, and the latter is owned by Lana in the games and will likely be her second Pokemon if she catches one.

I'm starting to think Ash just won't get a Water type this gen.

It is part psychic. It can float using psychic powers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    IF he even gets one I think it may be Araquanid. He won't get Toxapex because James already has a Mareanie.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Crabrawler is a fighting type but it can used water type moves and i think it will be a much better choice for Ash to have this Gen, since there isn't many good water types for Ash to have in the Alola region.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • No Water type is my vote. Ash didn't have a Grass type in Kalos so I can see him not having a Water type despite being in an island chain surrounded by water(rather ironic no?).

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I'd like that Wimpod he saved in episode 20? (I think) to return and become his water type... It would give some nice payoff to a short filler episode XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    The only way i can see Ash having a water type this Gen is if Lana gives Popplio to Ash, which i doubt is going to happen unless Lana catch another water type.

Years
  • I'm with Caite and I think Araquanid may be the only suitable candidate at this point, since Golisopod is associated with Guzma and will definitely be owned by him if he appears.

Toxapex isn't going to happen since James already has Mareanie, while the others either can't fight on land (like Misty's Goldeen) or not suit Ash's battle style, which is why I'd rule out Pyukumuku.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Toxapex is far to "evil looking" to be Ash's pokemon, especially with how Sun and Moon is. Not to mention James already has Mareanie.

Araquanid and Golispod are the only ones I think he could get. But I personally don't believe he will get a water type.

However, we can't count out pokemon that are already owned, since Ash also has a Rockruff and both Gideon and Olivia have a Lycanroc.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    After that ridiculous release of Greninja, i rather ash never gets another water. Or never get a water starter. Either way, i am focusing on his other types.

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • He might not even catch a Water-type, which is fine with me since Lana snatched the Waterium Z anyways. Let her catch a few more Water-types in Ash's place.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • After that ridiculous release of Greninja, i rather ash never gets another water. Or never get a water starter. Either way, i am focusing on his other types.

Or Greninja could come back later in the saga to fill out his Water type quota, considering that Ash-Greninja also appears in the SM games.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Or Greninja could come back later in the saga to fill out his Water type quota, considering that Ash-Greninja also appears in the SM games.
    Yeah, i do not want that to happen. Ash-Greninja is a attention seeker and will steal the spotlight from his other pokemon. I prefer ash using pokemon he caught in the region.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    If he catches any pokemon, it might be a different type. He had a water type as one of his main pokemon in XY. Also, it is good to have different types of pokemon in it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019

Greninja is not coming back at least for now anyways. Ash could catch Dewpider for his water type or maybe Lana might give him Popplio for his water type, but i doubt that will happen.

Back