• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giselle Snow

Frostvale Gym Leader
Years
  • Hey Phoenix team!

I am real excited for the game to come out, but I had a few questions I didn't see addressed in the F.A.Q. and if you have time to answer some of them I'd appreciate the info!

1. I've seen a Pokedex image for the game posted around, but I've been seeing Pokemon from Sun and Moon in some of the new promotional screencaps. Are more Pokemon being added to the region? Will you post an updated Pokedex at some point?

2. How are TMs and HMs going to work? Multi-use TMs? Eliminated HMs?

3. Related to the last question, which generation's movesets are Pokemon and TMs going to be operating off of?

4. Will breeding be fairly easy? I know when it's available I will use breeding/egg moves/etc. to get some diversity on my team in fan made games since trading isn't an option.

With fan games like these I try to plan out a team of Pokemon I haven't used before or that I think would be fun and different, or that I think makes for an interesting narrative. Stuff like multi-use TMs and breeding often really help make those teams more viable and nicer to play with so that's why I'm wondering about those things in particular. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2021
    OMG when this game will be released I must get that Relic Roserade and name it Ray. It looks uncannily similar to Unknown in Another Story from Mystic Messenger.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    This looks awesome! I'd love to play this game!

I wonder if it's possible to get the sprites of the new Pokemon forms (Mega and Relic) exclusive to this game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    If online features are removed will it be possible to get all the starters and their megas in one game?

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    This looks awesome! I'd love to play this game!

I wonder if it's possible to get the sprites of the new Pokemon forms (Mega and Relic) exclusive to this game?
    Nope. The idea is to make every single Pok?mon sprite anew from scratch, and thus it will most likely (unless Gavin and the spriters have other plans) be private to this game.

If online features are removed will it be possible to get all the starters and their megas in one game?
    You'll probably be able to get all megas (besides starters) in the game. I'm not too sure what we're gonna do regarding starters, but the megas should be mostly there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2017
    Cant Wait For The Game Demo to come out
    And When it come out Gonna Pinch my nipples to make sure im not Dreaming :D

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    An idea. for the mega evolving, unlike the official games which only let you mega evolve once per battle, have it where I can mega evolve as many Pokemon as I want.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I never liked it that I could only mega evolve 1 Pokemon at a time.

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
  • Sounds like a good idea to me. I never liked it that I could only mega evolve 1 Pokemon at a time.

LOL , mega poke's are OP and most are uber or OU and that is why there is this restriction. I don't believe there would be a variation in teams or much strategical play when all of your pokemons can mega evolve. Also if opponent ran teams with 6 mega evolved pokemon, then we too would be forced to run atleast 3-4.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2021
    hi guy's,game look amazing.
    do u have Evaluation when first chapter [demo] will be released?.
    how long the first chapter will be? [badges,play time].
    the game will have HM? [pokemon slave] Or another method.
    the game gonna use the old formula? 8 gym's and elite 4?

tnx a lot in advance for the answers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    hi guy's,game look amazing.
    do u have Evaluation when first chapter [demo] will be released?.
    how long the first chapter will be? [badges,play time].

tnx a lot in advance for the answers.
    Hey there, thank you!

do u have Evaluation when first chapter [demo] will be released?
    First demo will be released before the end of the year. At the moment it looks like it will be close to the end of 2017 as we are bug fixing and finishing off some final things. If somehow we don't manage to finish it by then, the game will be released soon into 2018 as we're almost finished. But it shouldn't need to come to that.

how long the first chapter will be? [badges,play time]
    It consists of roughly
    8 Routes
    5 Towns/Villages/Cities
    2 Dungeon type maps
    10 quests

Play time can vary between 4 and 6 hours. This can be increased if you attempt to do extra things or look for rare Pok?mon.

We won't be using HM's. Sometimes you will be required to have an item, ability or other means of progressing through an area. But we won't enforce a HM based region traversal mechanic. So no HM slave!

We don't use badges as the game has a new formula in how it tells a story. The game is intended to be story driven, and not Pok?mon League driven.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2021
    We don't use badges as the game has a new formula in how it tells a story. The game is intended to be story driven, and not Pok?mon League driven.

so the game will not have any kind of competition?

again the game look great.
    narrow the pokemon from 800 to 250-300 was great idea.
    i was choose different pokemon, but Each one has is on taste.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    so the game will not have any kind of competition?.
    Not in the way the traditional games do. You will still need to become a powerful trainer to get through the storyline as you eventually become tasked with something quite challenging. We hope that this new formula will be fun for players, even without having gyms and a league.

Spin off games in the series like Pok?mon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Gale of Darkness and so on each have their own progression style and theme. Phoenix Rising will be no different.

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
    Years
  • Great graphics and beautiful tiles! Its really attractive and I wish you luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back