• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
  • I noticed that if you have more than one pokemon with a primordial weather ability, like 3 rayquaza the end message for the weather repeats once for each mon with the same ability.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Found an issue this time on dark windowskins. It appears that if you have a dark windowskins, it still prefers to use the selarrow graphic when a command is selected, making it barely legible. I have a fix to this:

Go to section SpriteWindow or do a seacrch for < SpriteWindow_SelectableEx. Once you find the class Window_DrawableCommand < SpriteWindow_SelectableEx, go to def initialize(x,y,width,height,viewport=nil) and replace @selarrow=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/selarrow") with the following code:
    Code:
        if isDarkWindowskin(self.windowskin)
          @selarrow=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/selarrowwhite")
        else
          @selarrow=AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/selarrow")
        end
    This has been tested and worked. I also have found that in an unmodified Essentials 17.2 in the past

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • the debug daycare spits out this error when depositing a pokemon

Spoiler:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • the debug daycare spits out this error when depositing a pokemon

Spoiler:

Just remove the code from the script. 'pbDayCareCost' doesn't exist.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • When you deposit Hoopa, Furfrou or Shaymin, they'll turn back into their original forms.
    How can we put a refresh about their Icons Sprites inside the storage screen? This way, only their Icons will be changed/refreshed instead all pokémons' icons inside the storage.

CTF Studios

NekoBomber
    Years
  • Whenever i sell something in the pokemart screen it does not update the UI to show the amount of items left, for example if i had 100 potions and i sell 30 of them it still shows that i have 100 instead of 70. the game refuses to update itself unless i put in another input such as moving up or down the items list to sell.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    There seems to be a line of code missing in PField_RoamingPokemon, around line 179.
    Code:
    currentArea=$PokemonGlobal.roamPosition[i]
    if !currentArea
      $PokemonGlobal.roamPosition[i]=keys[rand(keys.length)]
      currentArea=$PokemonGlobal.roamPosition[i]
    end
    "keys" is not defined here. I don't know, if it's actually a problem, i never experienced the case, that "currentArea" is nil, but if it happens, that code wouldn't work.
    Inserting the line
    Code:
    keys=pbRoamingAreas(i).keys
    should do the trick.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2021
    Hey, i want to report a Bug, this happens when a pokémon (in this case it's burmy) has more than 1 form
    it mega-evolves into it's other form, and i don't know why
    I tried to let it require masterballs as mega-stones to mega-evolve but this won't work, other trainers can mega-evolve them without having any item they would need to do so
    i'm actually confused, this makes absolutely no sense to me

Is this bug caused by essentials? Or did i made a mistake in defining those forms?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think I've found a bug with Sky Drop. When in a double battle, after one Pokemon uses Sky Drop, its partner can also use Sky Drop on the same Pokemon while the other Pokemon has already taken it into the sky, causing the Pokemon to be damaged twice and the message saying the Pokemon is freed from Sky Drop is shown twice.

EDIT: Also, when Sky Drop is used on a Pokemon in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move like Dive, it says that Pokemon was taken into the sky, but on the next turn, Dive never hits the target and Sky Drop says "But it failed."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Ok, so I found another problem with Sky Drop. In a double battle, if a Pokemon uses Sky Drop and is in the semi-invulnerable turn, knocking out the attacking Pokemon with moves that bypass the semi-invulnerability of Sky Drop (I saw it with Thunder) leaves the other Pokemon stuck in Sky Drop indefinitely, not allowing it to attack or be attacked.

I also found a small problem with Encore. After a Pokemon under the effect of Encore selects the attack option, pressing the cancel button carries out the attack anyway and targets a seemingly random opposing Pokemon.

Years
  • I believe I encountered a bug in the Pokemon Essentials Battle Tower involving Mega Evolution. If I Mega Evolve in a battle in the Battle Tower, the Pokemon stays Mega after the battle. I implemented the script that fixes this bug when playing normally, which works fine. In the Battle Tower, it seems like the Unmega script doesn't run, thus leaving the Pokemon in its Mega form.

Specifically, I Mega Evolved my Gyarados in Battle 1. When I moved on to Battle 2, Gyarados was still Mega. I tried it again, but then left the Battle Tower after winning a battle, and Gyarados still stayed Mega. If Gyarados faints in the Battle Tower, it does revert as normal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    There's a problem that I have with LevelRain. If I level up a pokemon that evolves through the LevelRain method, the game will break and I will get this message:
    X6yPGtQ.png

Also, here's the code (I didn't edit it at all):
    Code:
     when PBEvolution::LevelRain
        if pokemon.level>=level
          if $game_screen && ($game_screen.weather==PBFieldWeather::Rain ||
                              $game_screen.weather==PBFieldWeather::HeavyRain ||
                              $game_screen.weather==PBFieldWeather::Storm)
            return poke
          end
        end
    Does anyone know why this happens?

Years
    • Seen today
    There's a problem that I have with LevelRain. If I level up a pokemon that evolves through the LevelRain method, the game will break and I will get this message:
    X6yPGtQ.png

Also, here's the code (I didn't edit it at all):
    Code:
     when PBEvolution::LevelRain
        if pokemon.level>=level
          if $game_screen && ($game_screen.weather==PBFieldWeather::Rain ||
                              $game_screen.weather==PBFieldWeather::HeavyRain ||
                              $game_screen.weather==PBFieldWeather::Storm)
            return poke
          end
        end
    Does anyone know why this happens?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10021372
    weather becomes weather_type to fix

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think there's a problem with Tangled Feet. Here is the code for reference:
    Code:
          if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:TANGLEDFEET) &&
             opponent.effects[PBEffects::Confusion]>0
            evasion*=1.2
          end
    Here is the full description from Bulbapedia: "While a Pokémon with this Ability is confused, all moves used against it have their accuracy halved."
    Here is the full description from Smogon: "This Pokemon's evasiveness is doubled as long as it is confused."

Perhaps it should be changed to 'evasion*=2' or 'accuracy*=0.5'?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    A lot of moves/abilities that copy other moves/abilities aren't updated even to gen 5 mechanics. There's no check for USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS either to update some of these for gen 6. I'm not going to list all of these because there are a lot and they really all just need to be checked through again, but for example, Transform can be copied by Mimic even though it can't in gen 5, and Zen Mode/Forecast can be manipulated by many ability-manipulating effects even though they shouldn't be able to.

One separate thing is that from Gen 5 onward, Iron Ball is affected by Klutz, Magic Room, etc., but the check still looks like this (should be hasWorkingItem):
    Code:
        if isConst?(self.item,PBItems,:IRONBALL)
          speedmult=(speedmult/2).round
        end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't edited anything in the script regarding evolution stones, but I recently found out that pokemon that evolve through stones can evolve through any evolution item, even if they had one item specified for them in the PBS files.

For example, Pikachu should evolve through only using the Thunder Stone on it, but I can use any stone I want on it to make it evolve if it has the "Item" evolution method.

Is this the case for anyone else?

Are you sure this is a clean version of essentials?
    I just took out my clean v17.2 from the day I downloaded it, and I can't use an illegal item on a pokemon to evolve them. It will say it had no effect, regardless if I do it through the Bag or Pokemon Screen.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    From this point forward, bug reports in v17 are no longer permitted in this thread. The latest version is now v18, and as such, only bugs from this version should be reported here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2020
    When trying to edit any pokémon from the debug menu ( >DEBUG>INFORMATOIN OPTION>EDIT POKÉMON> any pokémon) This shows up:
    (I can't post picture files yet with links as I didn't post 5 messages yet, oops)

Attachments

• dEx7wjj.png
      dEx7wjj.png
      21.1 KB · Views: 23
    Back