• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beta Journey: Help us make yet another!

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • the Beta Journey

Unnecessary hypothetical question: Are you perusing this role-play forum currently? That is auspicious of you, but do you want to get into our forum's top elitist clique? Then pretend you're more likable as a Pokémon Trainer!

In the Beta Journey, you slug your way through the region as a self-insert in a universe where unattended children tote their 5th-grade reading level comprehension and capture small mutant animals, with the goal of collecting every specimen with the evident strain of deformation and to train them--it's your cause! These s i n g l e l e t t e r s you are currently reading will be referred to as the Beta Tub. Think of it as the main restroom or powder room for all the unwashed weeaboos and animal captors spread across your thin, vacillating grasp of reality and this thing that you are signing up for right now. This is where you can get a disjointed review of what is going on in the planes of your self-inserted existence, and see how you can join our clique as a new goon.

The regions themselves? There are currently 12 of them! Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Orange Islands, Orre, Almia, Oblivia, Those Islands That Are Just Named After Numbers, and Exotica (An unofficial region from my new fanfic). As a new Trainer in the Beta Journey, you choose which region you want to start travel in - lazily and poorly fill out their irrelevant SU sheet - and post it here in the Tub!

Once a Region Fuhrer has accepted you, you may head over to the region thread over in Roleplay Casting and start traveling and encasing the afflicted! Once you have a decent breadth of the diseased, you may also later actually start roleplaying in this specific role-play instead of going about your business as usual while this floats along in the background, looming over the board when you occasionally look up to stop and take notice that, wow, there are, like, 6 of these now.

BE AWARE THOUGH - this is not an actual roleplay...

HOW DO I COLLECT POKÉMON?

We'll call this the "Beta Journey" for a reason. You won't be making any roleplaying posts in this thread directly, nor in the region threads. Rather, sign up and forget that this matters!

For each 2 IC posts you make in the Roleplay Stage in any normie roleplays, you may choose one monstrous atrocity from the current area in your character's region to add to your collection. Simply make a post in your region thread, linking back to two IC posts you have made in real, actual, honest-to-God roleplays.
    You cannot use posts that were made before you realized that this isn't an actual roleplay and you tricked yourself into thinking you'd be more productive this way.

Note that every time "IC post" is mentioned in the Beta Journey, we require them to be over 10,000 words in length. Otherwise, they're not worthy...

Yes, I actually said that. :c

Note that a joint post (JP; what IC means, you'll just have to Google) together with another player also counts - for all included players, as long as each of you wrote something that wasn't a cheap, cliched, dull, normie snoresfest! To prod that 5th-grade reading level comprehension again, you can use a JP you participated in, as if you were that creative to do it all on your own.
    You can also spend 6 Drama posts, as these are equal in worth to 2 IC posts in the Journey. All Dramatic user call-out threads count, except for the one-liner, namby-pamby, "You know, Jenny, you'd be on my friendslist if you weren't so clingy" soft-serve P.S.A. "call out" threads C: Yes, even posts in the Tub count! As long as they were made after you realized you are just another beta in a dog-eat-dog world.

You need to pay for each animal's vaccination in either IC (Stage 4 malignant; requires insurance) posts or Drama (OOP: Out-Of-Pocket) posts. No mixing of currencies at this point! Either pay the deductible or write a money order to me.

All these numbers could change if The Almighty decides for Himself, in His omnipotence, that is it necessary to save these plague-ridden animal lives!

If there isn't a Pokémon you want on the current route, you can just keep track of your private sector single-payer healthcare plan for your accumulated currency and use them later C:

CAN MY POKÉMON EVOLVE?

Yes, you can choose to spend 2 IC posts or 6 Drama posts on evolving these primitive creatures instead of simply curing them with a vaccination. It doesn't matter in what forced, man-made way the pokémon evolve in the games - leveling up, item, economic trade secrets, placebo... Anything works. If a pokémon has several possible evolutions, you may simply play Darwin and pick which one to go for.

CAN I COLLECT MORE THAN 6 POKÉMON?

Yes. There is no limit if you can afford to take care of the infirmed. If you obtain more than 6 pokémon, your medical bill will just keep going.

WILL THERE BE LEGENDARIES OR SHINIES?

If you appease me...! In events or in certain areas, it will certainly eventually be possible to obtain very rare strains! Sometimes it can cost you more than the normal number of smackaroos though.

AM I SUPPOSED TO POST "IN CHARACTER" IN THIS "BETA RP" ITSELF?

Not in this thread, no. And not in the region threads in Roleplay Casting either. No where, in fact. If I ever get around to it, you might possibly maybe sorta kinda be able to use your Beta Journey character and pokémon team there! If I bother.

DO I NEED TO BE LIKE HORSEMEAT IKEABALLS AND GLITTER?

No, you can actually be original for once. But to make it strictly easier on me and to remind you of the social stigmas of high school, put a label on it, like Goth, Bimbo, Jock, Nazi, Otherkin, Granola, Supernerd... Use existing ones or let your imagination run wild! Let it affect what pokémon you collect--or don't. That was my contributing sentence. There's a list of existing trainer classes here, in case you aren't very bright: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Trainer_classes , and here it is again with phonetics for those big words here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/...es&pagefrom=Reporter+(Trainer+class)#mw-pages

CAN I SIGN UP WITH SEVERAL TRAINERS?

Why? Stop over-achieving, you kiss-up.

But when your catalogue has reached at least 15 pokémon (evolutions not included!) or when you have successfully participated in a completed Roleplay Stage event--if I ever get around to it--you will get to choose between three things!
    1 Play again in a never-ending loop of not specifically role-playing here.

2 Torture yourself and make another character to save this imaginary wildlife by posting anywhere but here.

3 Do nothing, as is expected and encouraged of you.​

You will get another chance when your total pokédex hits 30 (across all your Beta Journey trainers, even if that means counting the same pokemon twice since two trainers caught it and added it to their individual pokedex, or other convoluted schemes), or after completing another Stage event. Next stop is 45, then 60, then my cold, hard grasp, from which you cannot escape.

BUT WHAT ABOUT MY OLD BETA SELF-INSERT FROM JOHTO?

Ah, certainly. You who were part of my unleashed experiment and have a collection of pokémon whom have mutated to the point that throwing them away would be allowing them to decay and openly release airborne illnesses... You will get a chance to revive them and delay the decaying process with a new self-insert character - once you hit 15 in your pokédex or complete an eventual IC event in your region!

My third instance for clarification thus far, you will need to sign up as a new self-insert before you can unlock your old team. Harsh? Not really, but I'll leave a sadistic little smile here anyway C: stay in Johto under the new region fuhrer's new rule, or explore another region! Once you have unlocked your old self-insert, you will need to fill out a SU for you and choose a region where to put them. And then you will have access to all the tumorous creatures you collected before <3 <3 <3 <3

You can also choose to never care again, and I just wanted you to acknowledge that your own self-induced apathy is also an option. Your very own legend is about to unfold! It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

Spoiler:

If you have any questions, please PM or VM your current region fuhrer or moderator The Mean One!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Considering signing up, but I wanna know if I can use posts I've already cashed in in Meta journey....
    I'm a cheapskate, what can I say? :T

Jauntier

Years
  • Can we use drama points from other sections? I got a lot of those
    Considering signing up, but I wanna know if I can use posts I've already cashed in in Meta journey....
    I'm a cheapskate, what can I say? :T

Wh-

I've never seen anyone try to scam me over a role-play that literally requires you to do nothing but continue posting about your business in the same forum. And I thought I was a cheap mod.

Listen.

We don't talk about posting, here. We just post.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    About damn time a Pokemon roleplay popped up on a Pokemon roleplaying forum. I've been looking all over!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    o shit, forgot to sign up

Trainer name: Diss Klosed
    Trainer class: Monk
    Trainer appearance: Basically, female Piccolo from Dragon Ball. She wars a lite pink mini skirt with a speckled polka-dot pattern and a pretty white frill. Shecarries a parasol that looks like Kirby's red and white parasol from Kirby Super Star and wears similar red flats.Diss has bleach blonded hair and heterochormia, meaning her left eye is light blue while her other eye is teal blue.
    Favorite type: Magic (my own name for the Fairy type)
    Favorite Legendary: Eevee
    Starter pokémon: i don't really like any of the SInnoh starters but I'll choose Turtwig

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Trainer name: Boy or Girl
    Trainer class: MGMT101
    Trainer appearance: only appears at 4:20 on the 69th day of the year
    Favorite type: big busty men
    Favorite Legendary: hulk hogan
    Starter pokémon: huntail

please and thank you

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • This is a big improvement. I hope I can make a character you'll enjoy.

Trainer name: Juantier
    Trainer class: Mean One
    Trainer appearance: Midget in a scraggy costume
    Favorite type: Sarcastic
    Favorite Legendary: bidoof
    Starter pokémon: missingno

Jauntier

Years
  • LIST OF BETA JOURNEY FAILURES:

Diss Klosed
    Beta Journey: Help us make yet another!