• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What are your favorites? (New Pokemon, Galarian Forme/Evolution, Gigantamax forme?)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • So, now that the games are out, I was wondering what your guys favorite Pokémon and Galarian forms are?

My favorite Pokémon from this gen are: Eiscue, Polteageist and the Hatterene family. But, I definitely like Hattrem best of that evolutionary line. I will buy merch of them when they get merch, watch me.

Favorite Galar formes are Ponyta, and probably Corsola.

My favorite Galarian evolution is probably Cursola and Sirfetch'd because... those were actually needed evolutions.

My favorite Gigantamax forme? Hmm... Sandaconda's is freaking neat.

What about you guys?

Years
  • I love the Applin line! I like Appletun more, and this made me pick Shield in the last minute. The starters are awesome too.

I haven't seen all Gigantamax forms yet (keeping it a surprise), but for now I'll say Titanic Lapras.

Favourite Galar form - definitely Zen Mode Darmanitan! I never thought we'd get an Ice/Fire type.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • While I currently do not own any of the games, I still like a fair share of the new Pokémon from what I've seen. My favourites have to be Inteleon, Dragapult, Eternatus, Toxtricity, Corviknight, and Grimmsnarl. As for Galarian forms, the Yamask line is extremely neat looking and I love how Runerigus has runes to resemble another creature. Not the biggest fan of Gigantamax but Toxtricity's is the best looking.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm not playing the games, but I followed every leak when it came to the new pokemon.

My favorite new pokemon were: Eiscue, Toxtricity, Clubbopus, Applin and Dragapult

My favorite galarian forms were: Corsola's, Weezing, and Mr. Mime

My favorite galar evo was uhh... I don't know I was neutral to most of them, Obstagoon and Cursola were kinda neat

My favorite gigantamax was Garbodor's.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i think the grimmsnarl line is pretty dope. i love their typing too.

gigantamax is an equally awesome feature. i think what they did with kingler was cool!

the best galarian form is hands down corsola... even though it's depressing.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Falinks is the best thing ever; I love the little guys. Applin is pretty useless until it evolves, but Appletun is worth it. Most people have been hating on Eiscue, but I kinda like it as well.

Galarian Yamask is cool looking with some nice historical reference.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I'm in the same boat as Cubism.

My favorite new Pokemon...There are a bunch I love, but it's gotta be Yamper. I've been hyped for a corgi Pokemon ever since I heard the new region would be based on the UK, and it's...it's everything I could've wanted. ;_; It's shaped like a loaf of bread! Its li'l tongue hangs out! It has an authentic corgi butt!
    ...Okay, I'm tempted to add Eternatus as a tie, just based on its design, but no - I need to wait to see its storyline. But given what a huge Necrozma fan I am, I'm expecting to like it. :D

Favorite Galarian form? Ponyta, easy. I've always had such a soft spot for Ponyta (partially due to nostalgia, as it appeared prominently in Sinnoh), and the new form - just adorable. <3

Galarian evolutions...Obstagoon is the only one I really have any feelings about, to be honest. I do like Runerigus a bit more than Cofagrigus, but original Yamask still beats them both for me.

Gigantamax form...Probably Alcremie. It changes more drastically than most Gigantamax forms, which I like, and come on - what's not to love about a giant cake??

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • After playing through the game I've actually really come to like most of the new pokemon, but my favourites are;

Corviknight - I just love everything about its design.
    Appletun - Appletun is just perfect, and it's grass my favourite type
    Drednaw - Turtles and tortoises are my favourite animals and I really love its design.
    Toxtricity - Again I really just like its design.

My favourite new Galarian forms and evolutions:
    I actually really like all of them, except Darmanitan, he's a little bit to derpy for me.

My favourite Gigantamax form:
    Lapras, I've always loved Lapras and the new Gigantamax just looks really nice.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I'm not getting the games, but Toxtricity is awesome and I hope it comes back in a future game that I do want to get.
    Both its forms look cool, but I don't know if they actually play any differently.

Even its gigantamax looks great, and I think most gigantamax forms deserve a resounding "meh" at best. If it was downscaled it would make a perfect mega.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I really like moths and caterpillars as well as Ice-types, so Snom and Frosmoth for me! (There are some other neat and cute ones, but none of them really speak to me like these two.)

Galarian Form: Ponyta

Gigantamax: I'm torn between Meowth and Snorlax. They're both pretty amusing!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    Drednaw, cinderace, toxtricity, corviknight, indeedee, the legendaries, appletun, hatenna.. I love a lot of Galarmons! They're all super unique, and I think they're all great additions to the franchise.

My favourite gigantamax form is undoubtedly toxtricity, with corviknight being a close second. Meowth is pretty awesome, too.

My favourite Galar form is probably either zigzagoon or farfetch'd. They're both really cool, and I love how farfetch'd's change is relatively subtle but still striking if the two forms are compared side by side.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Alcremie is still my favorite, along with Galarian Ponyta. (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Years
  • I adore dragapualt, dracovish looks misareble, galarian darmantian is really nice, and I think that i'm in love with gigantamax meowth.

Back