• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quality-of-life improvements for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet simplified various features compared to other games, such as not having to breed for Egg Moves, being able to change your Pokémon's nicknames at the summary menu, and doing the same thing with learning and forgetting moves. However, what are some other quality of life improvements you think Pokémon Scarlet and Violet should make? For me personally, I believe they should add legends and a tracker to the map to make it easier to find your friends in the Union Circle, give you the ability to change Pokémon's held items from the Bag itself, and give you the ability to change items and whatnot from your Battle Teams.

BluShell

Lost in the Sound
    Years
  • While it might be a relatively minor feature, special PC box wallpapers. The Gen 7 games only had the basic wallpapers, and Gen 8, barring BDSP, went completely minimalistic, so it would be nice to choose from images of the starter trio, Koraidon / Miraidon, Team Star, etc.

Adding this change to the DLC would be nice, although I heavily doubt it'll actually happen.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    • Sandwich filters. Also five slots for custom sandwiches you want to repeat.
    • Two or three layers of elevation for the map. Helps for navigating caves and such.
    • More aggressive Let's Go AI. Stop standing there. Wipe out everything you see.
    • Quicker Let's Go Pokemon. Leaves them behind easily.
    • Some kind of overworld shiny indicator (and for Tera Raids too) other than color. Cannot easily spot some, either due to minor differences or weird lighting.
    • A button for dashing, rather than pressing the stick. Only triggers when moving down and pressing the stick. (Works when moving forward after that. Still means doing a weird backpedal to dash.) Subsequently stopped doing it. Edit: Just tried it again. Seems to function okay now. Shrugs. Wants the button, regardless.
    • Some kind of step counter for the walking evolutions. Accepts some random NPC somewhere.
    • Explicit numbers for Effort Values. Identifies stray Effort Values much easier.
    • An Effort Value reset.
    • Picking your Tera Raid partners while solo.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    • More aggressive Let's Go AI. Stop standing there. Wipe out everything you see.
    Slowbro will only take out one Pokémon and then just stand there again. There is an AI for each Pokémon type for Let's Go. While cool, does ruin certain expectations.

Years
  • Better Box navigation in general, including getting rid of the lag in the Boxes. Sometimes it takes a good 5-8 seconds when I switch to a box for it to stop displaying the previous boxes' mons in it and update to the Pokemon in the current one.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    • Quicker Let's Go Pokemon. Leaves them behind easily.

Slowbro will only take out one Pokémon and then just stand there again. There is an AI for each Pokémon type for Let's Go. While cool, does ruin certain expectations.

I like that they each have different personalities. My Ceruledge (the Ghost one, I still get the names confused) charges around like an actual knight brutalising anyone within his vision. Gallade is like Ceruledge dialed down 20%, my Greninja as its too high a level acts like Ash's Charizard, just refusing to move.

But yeah the walking thing has never been as good as it was in HGSS where the limitations of sprites and tiles meant they were attached to you at the hip (plus its just cruel how Gengar floats on Switch games despite losing Levitate).

Better Box navigation in general, including getting rid of the lag in the Boxes. Sometimes it takes a good 5-8 seconds when I switch to a box for it to stop displaying the previous boxes' mons in it and update to the Pokemon in the current one.

THIS^, THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!! It makes it such a nightmare organising your limited box space if you're collecting a Living Dex, Aprimons etc.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    I like that they each have different personalities. My Ceruledge (the Ghost one, I still get the names confused) charges around like an actual knight brutalising anyone within his vision. Gallade is like Ceruledge dialed down 20%, my Greninja as its too high a level acts like Ash's Charizard, just refusing to move.
    Interesting. Noticed differences in speed. Knew about swimming and flying differences. Was not aware of aggressiveness too. Chalked up Chien-Pao's efficiency to speed. Might also be a more aggressive Pokemon.

Wonders if characteristics affect anything. Really ought to. Seems tailor-made for it: Likes to Fight, Likes to Run, Often Dozes Off...

Checked Chien-Pao. Somewhat vain and a Gentle nature. Probably not, then. Appears to look for more violence after each battle. Returns back to passive mode after that. Acts similar to Annihilape and Tauros. Would have liked it always hunting, though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Interesting. Noticed differences in speed. Knew about swimming and flying differences. Was not aware of aggressiveness too. Chalked up Chien-Pao's efficiency to speed. Might also be a more aggressive Pokemon.

Wonders if characteristics affect anything. Really ought to. Seems tailor-made for it: Likes to Fight, Likes to Run, Often Dozes Off...

Checked Chien-Pao. Somewhat vain and a Gentle nature. Probably not, then. Appears to look for more violence after each battle. Returns back to passive mode after that. Acts similar to Annihilape and Tauros. Would have liked it always hunting, though.

I always thought characteristics were a generation too late. They would have been a good indicator of Pokémon's performance in Battle Palace in Emerald (the one where you don't control them).

But yeah, disappointed in your results there - without looking at my two sword-wielding Pokémon I would have hoped that my Ceruledge had 'Good Endurance' given it seems to go on a lot longer than Gallade, who would be 'Lights to Fight'. Then the person on Reddit whose videos I've seen where Gallade just sprints into the distance would be 'Likes to Run'.

I wonder if they have any effect on Pokémon napping in Picnics or Camping?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • - Ingredients that do not get removed after you drop them

- In Let's go mode, your mons do not fight overworld mons unless the player orders them to.

- One of the reasons why I wanted thid version/sequels over DLC: improve the teams of important bosses. I feel many of opponent teams could have been better. The 'champion's' team comes to mind.

- MAKE IT THAT THE FEMALE PROTAGONIST ISN'T A HIDEAS PAIN IN THE BALLS TO LOOK AT.

Back