• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still play regularly?

Years
  • I do semi-regularly. I don't walk around for hours at a time like I did last year, but I'll play enough to get my 7 day streak, hatch an egg or two, and then take a couple days off before repeating the cycle again. It helps that they're finally being more consistent with events and things like that, so I actually feel like I have a reason to play.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It helps that they're finally being more consistent with events and things like that, so I actually feel like I have a reason to play.
    I agree very strongly with this! Personally I still play constantly (and even have it turned on right now whilst typing this) and still do go out for regular trips just for GO, but the recent events are what are keeping my interests so high at the moment. I've seen sooo many more people out playing GO recently and it's been such a refreshing sight. You do have to wonder how they'll keep this up as I'm sure they can't always have this many events running (at least without risking power creeping the entire community by a mile), but I'm loving the state of the game right now and I'm hyped to see what the next month or two brings - especially with Easter on the horizon!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I still play everyday. I try to swipe one Pokestop everyday for the streak. I usually only hatch one egg at a time when there aren't events. And I've had Mareep as my buddy for over 200km.

I mostly play to complete the Pokedex, excluding the regionals and legendaries of course.

Years
  • I really want to play actively again, but the speed limit for pokestops has made the game more frustrating for me. There aren't many pokestops where I live so I relied on my bus ride to and from work to go through and collect balls/items, yet now, for 90% of them, I can't get them due to 'going too fast' and that makes me run out of catching items more often than not. Bluh. =( But I will try to find a solution eventually!! Do miss GO a lot!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Most of my first and only pokestop swipes of the day come from my way to work. There are two Pokestops i can swipe on my way to work if we get a red light and are on the first 3 cars at the light.

One of them was turned into a gym. So it takes longer to swipe if i don't click on it first and if theres a raid going its impossible to click unless I click it before. The drivers passes probably 100 pokestops most days and i can click on at most 1 or 2. Its not too bad in summer but both gen 2 and gen 3 were released during snowstorms

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Yeah it's definitely not that big as when it came out but I'll do play a bit every once in a while with my brother for the fun of it. It's not a bad game just don't have the social ability to join in the fun that much.

Years
  • I really want to play actively again, but the speed limit for pokestops has made the game more frustrating for me. There aren't many pokestops where I live so I relied on my bus ride to and from work to go through and collect balls/items, yet now, for 90% of them, I can't get them due to 'going too fast' and that makes me run out of catching items more often than not. Bluh. =( But I will try to find a solution eventually!! Do miss GO a lot!
    This was one of the first reasons I stopped playing as much as I did. On the way to/from work, there were 30 Pokestops each way that I would hit, now there are only about 5 or 6 that I can actually grab along the same route. I understand why they did it, but definitely frustrating when that was one of my main opportunities to play each day.

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    yeah agree with Sheep and Brendino above. I think the restriction is quite silly since they know a lot of people don't go out of their way to play the game so it would have been more conducive to keep it as it is.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes, the above.

I used to rely on quickly hitting stops, and now it's not as easy.

Also I primarily play at home, or around my complex, or around my workplace, and there's really not much that spawns around here. So playing isn't really that exciting. I wish it was, and sometimes I try but I'm usually disappointed.

Though within the last few weeks, I've been opening it quickly to see if by chance I'd find something good.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Also I primarily play at home, or around my complex, or around my workplace, and there's really not much that spawns around here. So playing isn't really that exciting. I wish it was, and sometimes I try but I'm usually disappointed.
    This is why I stopped playing. I'm limited in the areas that I have time to get to, so I mostly play when I walk around the neighborhood. Since I live in the suburbs with the closest Pokestop being ~2 miles away in either direction (and both are difficult to get to by walking), I see nothing except for the same Pokemon that I've always seen.

Also makes it difficult to stock up on Pokeballs if I'm not willing to pay. I'd have to drive around to hit Pokestops in order to get supplies. While that's feasible now that I have a car, driving around during heavy traffic on streets not meant to handle that much traffic isn't my idea of a good time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think for me it's that everything is so hard to get or I've already gotten. I think doing a quests/ challenges system is what they'll need to do to keep the majority playing. That or do a community weekend rather than a day. I still get my daily stop but I'm less motivated now because it's like well, what does achieving this really do yknow?

The people around me though... This game is their entire life. Their world. It's honestly crazy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I play... some days. Luckily my bus to/from school stops near enough to a bunch of pokestops that I can get them just on my commute, but more often than not I forget. I was better when my pgo+ bracelet still worked but it stopped recently and I haven't bothered to work out why. :(

I'm too lazy to leave the house every day so I never get the 7-day streak but I try to play more days than not...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I still play everyday, but only to keep my daily streaks up and that's about it. I open the app up during my walk to work , which is only a short, ten minute walk so I get the two pokestops I pass and catch whatever Pokemon pop up. Then I'll repeat the process on the way home after work. Some days I'll spend more time after work and hit some of the other pokestops near me, but most days I just want to get home cause I'm tired so I forget about it.

Every now and then on days off, I'll go around the block and play, but only if I'm feeling up to it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I go on a walk every morning/evening so I always make sure I open up Pokemon GO when I go on them, but lately the game has been boring me and I'd much rather just listen to music and walk faster. But I keep it open just to hatch eggs.

Years
  • Nope. I quit playing GO... like half a year after it released. :\ It was too difficult to find anything near where I live since all the good PokeStops were in private property.

Nowadays, I feel like I'm way too out of touch with stuff to get back into it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Ugh this game just gets more inconvenient.

So on the way to work in morning there are about 6 Pokestops I pass. Only 2 are accessible now because they are at stoplights. One was turned into a gym so it just took longer to open but you could click on it and then swipe when passing it.

Now you have to be close enough to fight and swipe in it to open the Pokestop.

Before even if we had a green light we were turning so the first way made it possible to swipe. This way its just takes too long. We have to get a red light and be first or second in the line.

There really was no good reason for this change except Niantic being you know what.

Back