• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

AMA Hi, I'm a Fairy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
ADt7M4Z.png

some basics:
  • my name is Jo
  • i'm female
  • i'm not straight
  • i'm an artist
  • i vape unapologetically
  • i'm a monster hunter - especially dragons
  • i'm too old to be on a pokemon forum
  • i'm a recovering heroin/opioid addict
  • i'm getting married
  • i LOVE pink and pastels
  • i have body mods
  • sylveon is my spirit animal
so ask me things because i'm magical af

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
JZX70Dt.png

Hi CrimsonMajestic! :)

For the record I'm turning 28 in a month.

It's more of a perceived immaturity that I still base Pokemon around which, as an adult, I expect myself to be detached from. But that's honestly just silly thinking! I enjoy Pokemon and will continue to enjoy it regardless of my age. I just can't help but to poke fun at myself for holding on so tightly to a childhood franchise.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
While we're talking records, I am turning 31 late September, and enjoy Pokemon as much I can tolerate.

And for those who would make the claim that I am immature for liking a game that is marketed toward kids but is for all ages need to examine their own tastes relative to those who impose certain social standards (whether from external forces and/or internal), and also examine how much they're enjoying life. /endminirant

That said, I will beat this drum one more time, and ask whether you have individuals and/or groups that tease you for enjoyment toward Pokemon?

Years
Fellow 1990 baby!
And I often feel that way too, actually. I tend to think I'm immature because of my interests?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That said, I will beat this drum one more time, and ask whether you have individuals and/or groups that tease you for enjoyment toward Pokemon?

I do, but the majority is playful and seldom actually critical. I agree that anyone who thinks themselves better for not liking "kids" entertainment should have a good look at themselves.

My father in particular scoffs at my Pokemon-ing but it's very good natured and mostly a commentary on how I can like the same thing for such a long time. He also teases me for collecting the cards but I tease him back for collecting trinkets too - so it's all fair. :) Again, I just have this instinct that says "to be a productive member of society you must abandon all things that represent childhood". Which is obviously not true!

Fellow 1990 baby!
And I often feel that way too, actually. I tend to think I'm immature because of my interests?

Amen, brother. ;)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm older than all of you so yeah... if you think you're old, know that you're not the oldest. Is Jo short for Joanna or some other name?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm older than all of you so yeah... if you think you're old, know that you're not the oldest. Is Jo short for Joanna or some other name?

c2OkIvf.png

I have no doubts I'll be into Pokemon for a long time to come! Good on you for sticking to your passions as well!

Jo is short for Jolynn.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
i feel weird knowing that ive never experience weed nor vaping

c63BzDI.png

You're not really missing out on much! I only vape because I used it to quit smoking. Eventually I plan on stopping this too!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Would you be interested in this? Do know I can be very persistent and unapologetic in doing so.

AtWGCFq.png

Yes I have noticed you tend to be persistent! In a good way though.

Looks complicated, but fun! I'll definitely read more about it. I can see myself getting into something like that!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
AtWGCFq.png

Yes I have noticed you tend to be persistent! In a good way though.

Looks complicated, but fun! I'll definitely read more about it. I can see myself getting into something like that!

Battle#2 is about to start. Lycan has two more people to place before he carries out Round 1 moves. If you hurry up and sign up, pick a starting spot and think of a Round 1 move, you too can join in. There's lots of Poison Types on this map so Fairy Types would be at a disadvantage. There are two Dragon Types though, including the boss so yeah lol. There are sure to be ambushes and other mini-bosses spawning later on in the battle but if you intend to play, you'll have to join in as a non-legendary/non-mythical NFE. Hence if you want to be Sylveon, you'd have to be Eevee(although I dk how to evolve into Sylveon in PMD). You can be w/e Pokemon you want though :)

Oh and I almost forgot, when you do sign-up, be sure to mention its ability(non-HA only), Gender(if applicable), nickname(optional), and what move-set you want to give it(pick four moves that it'd know by level 20. Example for my Vulpix: Ember, Will-o-Wisp, Fire Spin and Payback.

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
My father in particular scoffs at my Pokemon-ing but it's very good natured and mostly a commentary on how I can like the same thing for such a long time.
Has he played a Pokemon game & (competitively) battled?

Again, I just have this instinct that says "to be a productive member of society you must abandon all things that represent childhood". Which is obviously not true!
I have a suspicion most human beings bear this same sentiment.

I only vape because I used it to quit smoking. Eventually I plan on stopping this too!
Have you considering using organic tobacco?

I'm older than all of you so yeah... if you think you're old, know that you're not the oldest.
Indeed, there is always someone older than you (and me), and they're probably dead. :laugh:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
woah you're getting married? are you excited? what was the proposal like? are you happy with the way your life is right now?

JvuDg66.png

Yes! I am very excited! My fiance proposed to me on Valentine's day of this year. It was something we both knew and understood we were going to do, but hadn't made the step to actually make it official. The proposal itself wasn't some huge event, but it was meaningful and beautiful in its own way. I'm very happy with my life and my partner and I couldn't ask for anyone better!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Has he played a Pokemon game & (competitively) battled?

I have a suspicion most human beings bear this same sentiment.

Have you considering using organic tobacco?

Indeed, there is always someone older than you (and me), and they're probably dead. :laugh:

#1) My dad? No, haha, he has never played Pokemon. But he did make an effort to be interested in it when I was a child. He tried his best lol.

#2) Seems reasonable. Unfortunate but reasonable.

#3) Yes, I have used that in the past. However, I prefer to vape because it's a non-combustible way to intake nicotine (meaning it's not damaging your throat as much), and you can control how much nicotine you use. Currently, I vape 0mg of nicotine. It's just an oral fixation for me. Btw I worked at a vape shop and manufactured my own e-juice so I actually do know what I'm talking about. Vaping is a smoking replacement device, not a hobby like people tend to treat it.

4#) one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel amirite?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
does your fiance like pokemon as much as you do

im asking out of pure curiosity

Yes! He plays Pokémon just as much as I do and even has an account on PC. He's just not a big internet person lol. I don't think he could ever like fairies as much as I do, however!

Back