• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flammable: A Survival RP

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Flammable
    A Survival RP
    Background Info:
    "Crew of The Jupiter, do you copy? DO YOU COPY???"

In the year 2235, the United States has been advancing their technology at a decently fast pace. For example, hover cars are a normality on the roads. Instead of gas, cars use a newly discovered element to propel the cars from the ground.
    A recent invention has allowed for major breakthroughs to be found in space exploration. The Temperature Nullifier Suit(NFS) is a full body suit that nullifies the harshest change of temperatures and makes the temperature inside the suit room temperature. There were many deviations and tinkering with the main invention to help with space exploration and potential colonization, including suits for plants, suits for tools, and suits for drones. So in 2235, the United States got together a team of 5 astronauts, materials, food, and water to start setting up a colony on the moon Ganymede. The spaceship that will take them to Ganymede is the The Jupiter. Unfortunately, upon entering the moon's atmosphere, two of the ship's main engines abruptly failed.
    Plot:
    The RP begins when the engines fail upon entering Ganymede's atmosphere. The goal of this RP is to survive long enough on a foreign moon no person has ever been on before until a rescue unit arrives. Fortunately, the spaceship contains many tools and materials that can be essential to Survival.

Workable Tools Available For Use:
    Spoiler:

Broken Tools Usable For Scrap Metal:
    Spoiler:

Available Energy For Use:
    Spoiler:

Matetials Ganymede Has to be Taken:
    Spoiler:

How The RP Will Progress:
    This is one thing I haven't completely figured out yet. I have a couple of ideas. One is that I, the GM, would periodically post missions in the IC to keep everyone within a plot line and the people can follow the missions. Or, I can post once in the IC leaving a long list of missions that people can follow and the RP can be more free-roam style. One thing I do want to do in this RP is have a health bar system for the players. If the bar reaches 0, you "die" and are permanently out of the RP. The bar would decrease by not eating or drinking for long periods of time or by doing manual labor. It can increase by sleeping or keeping your food and water intake decently high.

I have a lot of things figured out but a lot of things not figured out. Any comment is very much appreciated and will take anything into consideration.

Years
  • I'll come back and give a more detailed response later, but for now I just want to say that I absolutely love this and desperately hope it succeeds.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Consider me interested. Curious to see where you go with this.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Oh, this reminds me a lot of Tharsis! Definitely registering my interest in this.

One thing I'd like to know is what the actual mission was before the failure? I feel like a bit of backstory wouldn't go amiss. Survival is definitely important, but since this is a free roam type RP I get the feeling like some of the scientists might like to also get on with the mission given some downtime. Well... I mean my type of character would anyway. Depends on how hectic the environment is going to be.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    One thing I'd like to know is what the actual mission was before the failure? I feel like a bit of backstory wouldn't go amiss.

I must admit, I did not really think about it much, but now that you mention it, I feel like the original mission would be something along the lines of just trying to establish some form of shelter. However if you have some other backstory that you would think fits this RP better, Im all ears.

Years
  • I must admit, I did not really think about it much, but now that you mention it, I feel like the original mission would be something along the lines of just trying to establish some form of shelter. However if you have some other backstory that you would think fits this RP better, Im all ears.

A search for extraterrestrial life would make since since astronomers look there quite often in that regard as a place of interest.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • A search for extraterrestrial life would make since since astronomers look there quite often in that regard as a place of interest.
    Though I think for this route microbial life would be better than intelligent life because it feels like aliens would be a bit of a distraction to the survival aspect of the RP. I'm actually leaning more towards the settlement backstory because then the Jupiter would already have some equipment needed for their survival. Maybe something in the style of The Martian could be interesting.

Back