• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2020
    Pokemon: Hoopa
    Shiny: No
    OT:えいがかん(sorry if I misspelled that)
    ID: 07185
    Level: 100
    Region of Origin:Hoenn
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Magician
    Ribbons: Alola Champion Ribbon, Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Effort Ribbon
    Location met & Level met: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region
    Where & how: Link traded on Ultra Moon
    IV/ Characteristic: Dont know. Alert to sounds
    Effort Values: Hp, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2020
    Pokemon: Diancie
    OT: NOVEMBER14
    ID:11064
    Region of Origin: Kaos
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Clear Body
    Ribbons: Battle Tree Great Weapon Ribbon, Wishing Ribbon
    Location and Level met: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Kalos Region
    Where and How: Link Trade on Ultra Moon
    IV/ Characteristic: Dont know. Somewhat Vain
    Effort Values: Sp. Atk Sp. Def and Def

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2020
    Pokemon: ditto
    Shiny: Yes
    OT: A.j
    ID: 422517
    Region of Origin: alola
    Nature: adamant
    Ability: imposter
    Ribbons: alola champion
    Location Met & Level Met: no info
    Link trade
    IV/Characteristic: Perfect across

Years
  • Pokémon: zeraora
    OT: Fula City
    ID: 100118
    Level: 50
    Region of Origin: Alola
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
    Location Met & Level Met: don't know
    Where/how you recieved it: giveaway
    Individual Values/Characteristic: 3 Max IVs, mischievous
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) not sure About this one?

Spite's Pleasure

Shiny Extrodinaire
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2020
    Ok let me just say this

1. ALL .TV, .COM, etc, ARE HACKED

Although I dont really care since most of my shinies are from ITSK33N.TV on GTS and IGN Kristin(Note Im talkin 6th gen)like my HA legendaries and l30 legi dogs

2. If anything is a Shiny and says its from a place where you cant get it shiny, I T S H A C K E D

3. Shiny 6IV Ditto thats other language is in my head HACKED for either personal use to mm a shiny or to give to others so they can do so

4. If its an event pokemon but literally ANYTHING is what its not supposed to be, better safe than sorry to say its cloned or hacked, because events are that specific

5. Its too obvious. SHINY LOCKED POKES ARE HACKED! Please do note that only 3 Pokemon are exceptions to this(that is, 6th gen wise): Zygarde, Celebi, Gen8 Zeraora

These three were events in a game and can be legitimate, so if you see them, note this:

If a Shiny Celebi has the VC icon, its legitimate
    If a Shiny Zygarde has a Cherish Ball, i lean thats it the event and is legit
    If you see a Shiny Zeraora in SwSh, its legit

So if you see these, dont freak out since they wont trade in XYORAS(ofc except zeraora), they can be as much legit as hacked you guys! OFC if literally any other is shiny locked and shiny, its HACKED

Thank you for your time

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Pokémon: Zamazenta
    OT: Not sure
    ID: 28652
    Region of Origin: Galar
    Ability: Dauntless Shield
    Ribbons: none
    Location Met & Level Met: The Tower Summit at LVL. 70
    Where/how you recieved it: Trade
    Individual Values/Characteristic: Relaxed
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) It can take Hits

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Shiny: no
    OT: not sure
    ID: 69358
    Location Met & Level Met: Tower Summit lvl 70
    Where/how you recieved it: not sure
    Individual Values/Characteristic: Not sure
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) Capable of taking hits

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Necrozma ( in game: ネクロズマ)
    Yes
    ひみつ
    Serious
    Prism Armor
    Classic Ribbon
    Traveled all the way across space and time itself to join me from the Alola region, me original trainer in a fateful encounter
    Trade on a discord server for Pokémon Sword and Shield.
    It likes to thrash about.
    Has a black ➕ on summary and moves are: light screen, substitute, moonlight.
    Comes in red event ball.

Just trying to figure out if it's legit, thank you!
    If it has the standard 3/4 IVs (and depending on which Discord you're talking about; some of them have very strict legitimacy rules so if it was in the server from a reputable trader and not in DMs) it's probably legit, or cloned at worst.

I have a couple shinies I would like checked please.

Pokemon: Salazzle (in game name is something japanese)
    OT: Japanese trainer
    ID: 254495
    Level: 62
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Corrosion
    Ribbons: None
    Location met and Level met: Raid Den at level 59
    Where/How you recieved it: Traded for it through Home
    IVs/Characteristics: 4 perfect IVs, decent spec attack and pretty good hp. It's capable of taking hits.
    EV's: Not sure how to check those

Pokemon: Roserade (chinese nickname)
    OT: Chinese trainer
    ID: 095613
    Level: 60
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Poison Point
    Location/level met: Raid Den at level 35
    Where/How it was recieved: Through Pokemon Home
    IVs/Characteristics: 3 perfect IVs, 2 very good, 1 pretty good. It's somewhat vain.
    EVs: No idea.
    Seem like standard shiny Raid Pokemon. The Raid itself might have been spoofed, but there's nothing really suspicious here unless someone traded you these for nothing of value (e.g. GTS trade for a common Pokemon).

Pokemon: Hoopa
    OT:えいがかん(sorry if I misspelled that)
    ID: 07185
    Region of Origin:Hoenn
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Magician
    Ribbons: Alola Champion Ribbon, Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Effort Ribbon
    Location met & Level met: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region
    Where & how: Link traded on Ultra Moon
    IV/ Characteristic: Dont know. Alert to sounds
    Effort Values: Hp, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def
    Nothing too crazy, depending on IVs. 6 IVs and it's hacked, but 3/4 IVs otherwise assume that someone just traded it for something (hopefully) of more value to them.

Pokemon: Diancie
    OT: NOVEMBER14
    ID:11064
    Region of Origin: Kaos
    Ability: Clear Body
    Ribbons: Battle Tree Great Weapon Ribbon, Wishing Ribbon
    Location and Level met: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Kalos Region
    Where and How: Link Trade on Ultra Moon
    IV/ Characteristic: Dont know. Somewhat Vain
    Effort Values: Sp. Atk Sp. Def and Def
    Can't find any event history for a "NOVEMBER14" Diancie; unless you meant "NOV2014" (or maybe NOVEMBRE14 for Italian region event), then this is a hack.

Pokemon: ditto
    OT: A.j
    ID: 422517
    Region of Origin: alola
    Nature: adamant
    Ability: imposter
    Ribbons: alola champion
    Location Met & Level Met: no info
    Link trade
    IV/Characteristic: Perfect across
    Hacked.

Pokémon: zeraora
    OT: Fula City
    ID: 100118
    Level: 50
    Region of Origin: Alola
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
    Location Met & Level Met: don't know
    Where/how you recieved it: giveaway
    Individual Values/Characteristic: 3 Max IVs, mischievous
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) not sure About this one?
    The 'giveaway' part of it is suspicious; was this cloned? Doesn't seem to be hacked otherwise.

OT: Not sure
    ID: 28652
    Location Met & Level Met: The Tower Summit at LVL. 70
    Individual Values/Characteristic: Relaxed
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) It can take Hits
    Assuming it doesn't have 6 IVs or anything, I'm guessing this was just a Zamazenta caught through a normal playthrough.

Shiny: no
    OT: not sure
    ID: 69358
    Location Met & Level Met: Tower Summit lvl 70
    Where/how you recieved it: not sure
    Individual Values/Characteristic: Not sure
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) Capable of taking hits
    Same as above.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Pokémon: Ditto
    OT: OwOCummies
    ID: 081059
    Level:56
    Ability: Limber
    Ribbons: Nothing
    Location Met & Level Met: Stony Wilderness at level 56
    Where/how you recieved it: trade for another 5 IV Ditto (mine was spanish)
    Individual Values/Characteristic: All best besides Defense which is "Decent (1-10 IVs)"
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) 0 at everything.

OT: Ferg
    ID: 624354
    Level: 58
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Imposter
    Location Met & Level Met: Raid den at level 58 (Date: 13/12/2019)
    Where/how you recieved it: Trade for another 5 IV Ditto (Mine was spanish)
    Individual Values/Characteristic: all best (31 iV) besides Speed which is "fantastic" (30 IV)
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) 0 at everything

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Pokémon: Ditto
    OT: OwOCummies
    ID: 081059
    Level:56
    Ability: Limber
    Location Met & Level Met: Stony Wilderness at level 56
    Where/how you recieved it: trade for another 5 IV Ditto (mine was spanish)
    Individual Values/Characteristic: All best besides Defense which is "Decent (1-10 IVs)"
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) 0 at everything.

OT: Ferg
    ID: 624354
    Level: 58
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Imposter
    Location Met & Level Met: Raid den at level 58 (Date: 13/12/2019)
    Where/how you recieved it: Trade for another 5 IV Ditto (Mine was spanish)
    Individual Values/Characteristic: all best (31 iV) besides Speed which is "fantastic" (30 IV)
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y) 0 at everything

If the second one is Stony Wilderness too, then they seem like normal Raid Dittos to me.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • I'm suspicious about this Shiny Sinistea that I got from Surprise Trade. Its IVs suggest it isn't hacked, but the fact that it's Shiny makes me think it is. Why would anyone send a legitimate Shiny Pokemon to other players via Surprise Trade?

Official Hack Checking Thread

Official Hack Checking Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    Pokémon: Pokemon Stamp Absol
    OT:スタンプ
    ID: 30821
    Level: 5
    Region of Origin: Hoenn
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Pressure
    Location Met & Level Met: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region." Met: lvl 5
    Individual Values/Characteristic: HP: No good, Attack: Decent, Defense: Decent, SpAtk: Decent, SpDef: Very good, Speed: Decent. Char: Somewhat vain.
    Effort Values: No added Ev's

Hello! The biggest question I have about this Absol is if its suppose to have the Fateful Encounter tag when trasferred up. The FE tag was registered as a Destination in Gen 3, while in Gen 4 it was a flag.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I'm suspicious about this Shiny Sinistea that I got from Surprise Trade. Its IVs suggest it isn't hacked, but the fact that it's Shiny makes me think it is. Why would anyone send a legitimate Shiny Pokemon to other players via Surprise Trade?
    It's definitely a very good idea to ask yourself why someone would trade you this Pokemon as a first step to hack checking. The only other suggestion I have is to see the catch location of the Pokemon and ensure that it matches where it could usually be found (Glimwood Tangle).

A few reasons that might explain why a legitimate shiny was traded:
    • If it's not a hack, then it's probably likely that this Pokemon is a clone at least.
    • The Trainer randomly found this in their adventures and probably didn't want it (not everyone is obsessed with shinies after all), or it was a shiny they already have.
    • It was probably from a younger Trainer who didn't understand the value or rarity of it.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but I don't see the harm in keeping this one!

Pokémon: Pokemon Stamp Absol
    OT:スタンプ
    ID: 30821
    Level: 5
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Pressure
    Location Met & Level Met: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region." Met: lvl 5
    Individual Values/Characteristic: HP: No good, Attack: Decent, Defense: Decent, SpAtk: Decent, SpDef: Very good, Speed: Decent. Char: Somewhat vain.
    Effort Values: No added Ev's

Hello! The biggest question I have about this Absol is if its suppose to have the Fateful Encounter tag when trasferred up. The FE tag was registered as a Destination in Gen 3, while in Gen 4 it was a flag.
    This one forced me to do a bit of digging, and if I got it right, then it should definitely not have the Fateful Encounter flag if it was from the event. The Met Location would have been 'fateful encounter' in Gen 4 when it was transferred from Gen 3, but that obviously gets overwritten as it goes up through later Generations until it's just simply "Hoenn".

This Absol is very rare though, 1 of only 300 to be distributed if Bulbapedia is to be believed (and not even existing in PKHeX's event database, which is what I would have used to check the Fateful Encounter flag). So sadly, this Pokemon is most likely cloned...if you're very optimistic. Because it's from Gen 3, there is another layer that could be used to see if it's actually (obviously) hacked or not, but that requires grabbing its PID and whatnot and even I can't do that as of this moment in Gen 8.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • It's definitely a very good idea to ask yourself why someone would trade you this Pokemon as a first step to hack checking. The only other suggestion I have is to see the catch location of the Pokemon and ensure that it matches where it could usually be found (Glimwood Tangle).

A few reasons that might explain why a legitimate shiny was traded:
    • If it's not a hack, then it's probably likely that this Pokemon is a clone at least.
    • The Trainer randomly found this in their adventures and probably didn't want it (not everyone is obsessed with shinies after all), or it was a shiny they already have.
    • It was probably from a younger Trainer who didn't understand the value or rarity of it.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but I don't see the harm in keeping this one!

Thanks! The met location is Glimwood Tangle, indeed, so it could just probably be an unwanted Shiny.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Pokémon: Mew (nickname is ミュウ)
    Shiny: Shiny
    OT: Umbre
    ID:50701
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Synchronize
    Ribbons: Galar Champion, Alola Champion, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Beauty Master Ribbon, Coolness Master Ribbon, Contest Star Ribbon, Sinnoh Champion, Champion, Cuteness Master Ribbon, Cleverness Master Ribbon, Toughness Master Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Alert Ribbon, Smile Ribbon, Snooze Ribbon, Relax Ribbon, Careless Ribbon, Downcast Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon, Legend Ribbon, Contest Memory Ribbon
    Location Met & Level Met: Not sure how to find that in Sw/Sh but it says it's from Hoenn, met its trainer in a fateful encounter
    Where/how you recieved it: Someone was giving away legit Mew clones from an HG/SS event, and there was a small chance of obtaining a shiny Mew clone. (all other previous giveaways from this person were legit event clones)
    Individual Values/Characteristic: All hypertrained - description says "it's thoroughly cunning" if that helps
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y): 252 sp. atk/252 speed
    edit: also doesn't have the gen 6 pentagon symbol

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Pokémon: Mew (nickname is ミュウ)
    Shiny: Shiny
    OT: Umbre
    ID:50701
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Synchronize
    Ribbons: Galar Champion, Alola Champion, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Beauty Master Ribbon, Coolness Master Ribbon, Contest Star Ribbon, Sinnoh Champion, Champion, Cuteness Master Ribbon, Cleverness Master Ribbon, Toughness Master Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Alert Ribbon, Smile Ribbon, Snooze Ribbon, Relax Ribbon, Careless Ribbon, Downcast Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon, Legend Ribbon, Contest Memory Ribbon
    Location Met & Level Met: Not sure how to find that in Sw/Sh but it says it's from Hoenn, met its trainer in a fateful encounter
    Where/how you recieved it: Someone was giving away legit Mew clones from an HG/SS event, and there was a small chance of obtaining a shiny Mew clone. (all other previous giveaways from this person were legit event clones)
    Individual Values/Characteristic: All hypertrained - description says "it's thoroughly cunning" if that helps
    Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y): 252 sp. atk/252 speed
    edit: also doesn't have the gen 6 pentagon symbol

I wasn't able to find information about the OT or the giveaway, so I can't say if it's a trusted member of the community or not. It's definitely suspicious though that it has so many ribbons, especially the Contest Master ribbons of Hoenn and Sinnoh but none of the ranks before (if going for as many ribbons as possible, getting the lower ranked ones seems very easy in comparison). Modest nature is a bit suspicious too, but I can't tell any more because of the Hyper-Trained IVs; seeing the base values would show if it's a cause for concern. At the end of the day, shiny Mew is so rare it's unlikely to be legit, but if you're happy to keep it for yourself, does it really matter? 😛

Back