• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pokémon: Kingambit
Ball: pokeball
Shiny: yes
OT: JokersWrath
ID: 636545
Level: 100
Region of Origin: Paldea
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Ribbons: no
Location Met & Level Met: hatched from a egg
Where/how you recieved it: surprise trade
Individual Values/Characteristic: all stats 31 but sp.atk was hyper trained
Effort Values: max attack and speed

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pokémon: Chansey
Ball: ultraball
OT: Parker
ID: 889910
Level: 44
Region of Origin: kanto
Nature: relaxed
Ability: serene grace
Ribbons: no
Location Met & Level Met: it seems it was first met on 04/01/2023. Location North Province (Area Three) at lv.44
Where/how you recieved it: traded with parker
Individual Values/Characteristic: none 31

Days
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
Pokémon: Mewtwo
Shiny: Yes
OT: Oscar
ID: 56214
Region of Origin: Kalos
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
Ribbons: None
Location Met & Level Met: Unknown Dungeon/ Not sure
Where/how you recieved it: Wonder Box, Pokemon Home
Individual Values/Characteristic: Not sure/Capable of taking hits
Effort Values: Maxed Sp. Atk and Speed

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Pokémon: Mewtwo
Shiny: Yes
OT: Oscar
ID: 56214
Region of Origin: Kalos
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
Ribbons: None
Location Met & Level Met: Unknown Dungeon/ Not sure
Where/how you recieved it: Wonder Box, Pokemon Home
Individual Values/Characteristic: Not sure/Capable of taking hits
Effort Values: Maxed Sp. Atk and Speed

Mewtwo originating from the Kalos region (Pokémon X & Y) cannot be shiny. That Mewtwo has a shiny lock on it making this shiny Mewtwo illegal.

[URL="https://bulbapedia.bulbagarde...n.net/wiki/List_of_unobtainable_Shiny_Pokémon[/url]

Days
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 10, 2023
Event Electabuzz

Hello I have a questeon I got a japanase Electabuzz in wondertrade and in the home app it says this is from a event in year 01.01.2000 but i cant find the Event

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Online now
Hello I have a questeon I got a japanase Electabuzz in wondertrade and in the home app it says this is from a event in year 01.01.2000 but i cant find the Event

(Moved your post from Pokemon General over to this thread (the Hack Checking thread.) Scrolled through events on Bulbapedia and Serebii. Found none. Seemed better for this thread. Leaves it to someone more knowledgeable on the subject.

Disclaimer: Not an official hack checker.
1. Looks like a very default date.
2. Released Gold/Silver in Japan on November 21, 1999. Seems odd to run a distribution just a month after release on a Pokemon like Electabuzz.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hey firebolt? This thread seems to be dormant as of now. I don't know if I'll ever get a response. I have to be a bit paranoid when it comes to checking out weird or sus pokemon across my gen 6, 7, and home.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Hey firebolt? This thread seems to be dormant as of now. I don't know if I'll ever get a response. I have to be a bit paranoid when it comes to checking out weird or sus pokemon across my gen 6, 7, and home.

Sorry, I have been quite slacking here since I stepped down as moderator, but part of the reason is that it's basically hard to tell these days if Pokemon are hacked or not as GF has done their best to discourage the need for hacking (think of Nature mints, Bottle Caps, etc.).

For gen 6 and 7 specifically, basically, if you don't trust where it came from and it has 6 IVs/Pokerus/is a shiny Mew, it's likely to be hacked. Unless the hacker did something absolutely silly like put a gen 7 starter in a non-Poke Ball, it's really difficult to confidently say it's not hacked, so most of hack checking here is basically just "is it a realistic chance a stranger would trade this Pokemon away?", or if it's an event Pokemon in a Cherish Ball, "is there a matching event on Bulbapedia/Serebii?".

If there's some particular Pokemon you feel unsure of, feel free to list them down here while providing as many details as you can (per the form in the first pose)!

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Should I dm you instead? Because I got 39 from smusum and homePokemon to hack check. I overwhelmed commander Saturn with my gen 6 and bank files with 12 on gen 6 and 19 in my bank. I don't want to clog up the thread.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Should I dm you instead? Because I got 39 from smusum and homePokemon to hack check. I overwhelmed commander Saturn with my gen 6 and bank files with 12 on gen 6 and 19 in my bank. I don't want to clog up the thread.

Whichever method you prefer is fine with me. Them being 39 Pokemon though, I'm most likely just going to look for super obvious clues that they're hacked (again because it's hard to tell just looking at a Pokemon), and I can sort them into a list of hacked/probably hacked/likely not hacked.

Phininja

Hehehehe
Days
Pokémon: Hisuian Samurott
Ball: Feather Ball
OT: Bidoof.net
ID: 993401
Region of Origin: Hisui
Nature: Gentle
Ability: —-
Ribbons: none
Location Met & Level Met: Alabaster Icelands
Where/how you recieved it: GTS for Poipole
Individual Values/Characteristic: 4iv
EVs: All 10

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Pokémon: Hisuian Samurott
Ball: Feather Ball
OT: Bidoof.net
ID: 993401
Region of Origin: Hisui
Nature: Gentle
Ability: —-
Ribbons: none
Location Met & Level Met: Alabaster Icelands
Where/how you recieved it: GTS for Poipole
Individual Values/Characteristic: 4iv
EVs: All 10

The fact that its OT is "Anything.Anything" is a prime example of a hacked Pokemon, especially if it's shiny.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
@Alex_Among_Foxes @Phininja 993401 is the default ID of the Switch hacking tool. Between that and the website name as OT I'm afraid its not even a well-disguised hack.

Level 100 is a good warning sign when on GTS, generally if somebody's going to trade away a shiny they won't bother raising it up and giving it EVs - or in the case of Legends, Grit - to maximise its stats.

Back