• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Years
  • You're welcome.

As for In-Order Challenge, you have to pick 6 Pokémon or evolution lines, whose regional number in Pokédex goes right after each other (excluding any exclusive line from other version from this sequence). For example in B2W2 this team could look something like this: Leavanny, Sunflora, Stoutland, Ampharos, Golduck, Azumarill. It's up to you what Pokémon you choose as starting point. Is that clearer?

Yes, I was thinking of national dex rather than the regional dex. I just looked it up and now it makes more sense. Thanks.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I am Trying it Draco_Malfoy 7x7

Here you go:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Pokemon Fire Red:
    Monoletter:
    Brock got owned by Charmander(Evolved because of the fights)

TEAM:
    Charmeleon Level 16
    Blaze Hasty
    Ember
    Metal Claw
    Scratch
    Growl

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Username:enderkool
    7x? (I want to do all challenges but plz no SWSH, I dont want to reset my data)

You can make multiple profiles, thus multiple saves, for the switch games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Pokemon Fire Red:
    Monoletter:
    Got out of Mt. Moon

TEAM:
    Charmeleon Level 26
    Blaze Hasty
    Ember
    Metal Claw
    Mega Kick
    Smokescreen

Clefairy Level 26
    Cute Charm Bashful
    Mega Punch
    Growl
    Encore
    Sing

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Pokemon Fire Red:
    Monoletter:
    Made S.S. Anne

TEAM:
    Charmeleon Level 27
    Blaze Hasty
    Ember
    Metal Claw
    Brick Break
    Dig

Clefairy Level 28
    Cute Charm Bashful
    Mega Punch
    Growl
    Minimize
    Sing

Years
  • The Wonderlocke Challenge in Pokémon Ultra Moon

luxio.gif
    butterfree.gif
    gyarados.gif
    alakazam.gif
    vulpix.gif
    rattata-alola.gif

ATTEMPT 4 - PART 2

Right after getting the Z crystal, I was able to catch Alolan Rattata, who was actually Alolan Meowth. Abra was so shocked by this event that he evolved straight into Alakazam. Hala has no chance now.

On Route 3, encountered Cutiefly was traded for Eevee. I put it on team instead of Ralts, since I wasn't sure I want to use it and I wanted to keep Ralts in case Alakazam dies. But the encounters didn't stop and I got Caterpie on Melemele Meadow that was traded for Alolan Rattata and Psyduck in Seaward Cavern that was traded for Magnemite.

So before I challenged Hala, I once again swapped my team a little bit. I put Rattata in instead of Meowth and Magnemite instead of Eevee.

Battle with Hala was pretty straightforward. I sent out Alakazam and was able to sweep Hala's whole team without taking almost any damage.

Back to my favourite part of Wonderlocke - encounters. I got Zorua in Ten Carat Hill as my last Pokémon on Melemele. Akala Island gave me level 1 Shinx on Route 4, level 1 Tepig on Paniola Ranch and level 1 Rockruff on Route 5.

Battle with Hau was pretty easy, my Magnemite hardcountered his whole team, but it had hard time with Gladion. It took down his Zorua and Zubat, but I overestimated how hard can Type: Null hit with Pursuit, so another death of this run was sadly Magnemite. Back to square one with Shinx, since I was sure I won't be able to beat Lana's Trial without Electric-type.

After a short training, I went in Brooklet Hill and got lucky for once. Newly evolved Luxio paralyzed Totem Araquanid with Thunder Fang, but Araquanid's Bubble hit really hard. So I switched in Butterfree, who was able to tank it a little bit better and finish of Araquanid with Gust.

With Super Rod in my hands, I encountered Yungoos in Brooklet Hill.

My team is getting a little bit overleveled at this point, but I think it'll be okay in the end. I always try to use Pokémon with lowest level. And since I'm mostly playing in the evening and night, I have day time in the game. So my Rattata just can't evolve. I also feel like my team is more Kanto heavy than I would love to. And that's all for now.

Team

luxio.gif

Luxio, Naive Female Luxio
    lvl 21, Intimidate
    - Bite
    - Thunder Fang
    - Baby-Doll Eyes
    - Charge

butterfree.gif

Butterfree, Bashful Male Butterfree
    lvl 24, Compound Eyes @Flynium Z
    - Gust
    - Sleep Powder
    - Poison Powder
    - Silver Wind

gyarados.gif

Gyarados, Modest Male Gyarados
    lvl 21, Intimidate @Normalium Z
    - Splash
    - Tackle
    - Bite
    - Leer

alakazam.gif

あげるわww, Impish Male Alakazam @Sitrus Berry
    lvl 25, Synchronize
    - Teleport
    - Psybeam
    - Kinesis
    - Disable

vulpix.gif

ロコン, Timid Female Vulpix
    lvl 24, Flash Fire @Normalium Z
    - Ember
    - Confuse Ray
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Quick Attack

rattata-alola.gif

Rattata, Impish Female Rattata
    lvl 23, Gluttony @Normalium Z
    - Hyper Fang
    - Focus Energy
    - Crunch
    - Quick Attack

RIP

dunsparce.gif
    magnemite.gif

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Pokemon Fire Red:
    Monoletter:
    Owned Cerulean Gym

TEAM:
    Charmeleon Level 31
    Blaze Hasty
    Ember
    Metal Claw
    Dig
    Cut

Clefairy Level 32
    Cute Charm Bashful
    Mega Punch
    Metronome
    Minimize
    Sing

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Retrograde in Platinum

Part 1

Update time. The first legal Pokémon I could think of that wasn't completely useless in battle was Psyduck, so I caught that. Also caught an Abra and Magikarp and kept them in the back for later. After catching a Geodude and soloing the first gym with Psyduck I reached Floaroma, and decided to grind Abra and keep Psyduck as a HM bearer. Magikarp would still have to wait a little bit.

I beat Mars with Kadabra and Geodude and headed north towards Eterna. Beat Gardenia with no problems and now I had a fully evolved Gyarados in my party. He helped defeat Jupiter's Skuntank with Intimidate and the help of Geodude.

Once I got to Hearthome, I grabbed the Eevee from Bebe and proceeded to challenge the gym. Gyarados had an easy time biting Fantina's Pokémon and another badge was acquired.

In the Solaceon Ruins, I grabbed the Thunder Stone and evolved Eevee into Jolteon. I also caught a Scyther on the route above. Scyther took care of Maylene with a Technician boosted Wing Attack and later I caught a Houndour on the route below Veilstone. I also spent some Game Corner coins here to buy Thunderbolt.

It turns out that purchase was worth it, since Jolteon swept Wake with Thunderbolt, with the exception of Quagsire which I taught Alakazam Grass Knot to deal with it.

Once I got access to Surf I sacrificed a move slot on Gyarados to use it practically, and went on my way to Canalave City. There, I battled Barry one more time and went to the Iron Island to grab Strength and the Metal Coat to evolve Scyther. I also battled the trainers there to get some levels for the gym, and Byron went by very smoothly once I taught Houndoom Flamethrower from the Ironworks.

I taught my team some HMs to progress through Mt. Coronet towards Snowpoint, and the route there was full of trainers. I reached the city and challenged Candice, the Ice type Gym Leader, which was a clean sweep from Scizor with Bullet Punch. I saved at Snowpoint at the end.

Team
    alakazam.png

Alakazam (Oz) | Quiet nature | Synchronize
    Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Grass Knot
    Lv. 42 @ Twisted Spoon

gyarados.png

Gyarados (Cameron) | Lonely nature | Intimidate
    Moves: Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Bite, Surf
    Lv. 42

golem.png

Golem (Balma) | Quiet nature | Rock Head
    Moves: Rock Blast, Earthquake, Explosion, Rock Polish
    Lv. 42

jolteon.png

Jolteon (Spike) | Naughty nature | Volt Absorb
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Pin Missile, Double Kick
    Lv. 42 @ Magnet

scizor.png

Scizor (Wayfarer) | Gentle nature | Technician
    Moves: Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Wing Attack, Agility
    Lv. 43

houndoom-f.png

Houndoom (Persephone) | Naive nature | Flash Fire
    Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Bite, Strength
    Lv. 42

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Pokemon Fire Red:
    Monoletter:
    Got trought Rock Tunnel

TEAM:
    VoceSabeQm, the Charmeleon Level 35
    Blaze Hasty
    Flamethrower
    Metal Claw
    Dig
    Cut

Bellatrix, the Clefairy Level 35
    Cute Charm Bashful
    Mega Punch
    Metronome
    Minimize
    Sing

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Retrograde in Platinum

Part 2 - Final

Picking up this run from where I last saved, I leave Snowpoint to go meet Barry at the Lake Acuity. I have a brief encounter with Jupiter up there and soon it's time to storm into Team Galactic's HQ back in Veilstone. But first, I wanted to go grab a new friend.

I looked at my trainer ID and consulted a website to figure out where two of my save's Munchlax trees were. I discovered that two of them were in Floaroma Meadow and Valley Windworks, which are pretty close to each other, so I decided to go back and forth between them to search for the little bear. This took several hours and I even decided to settle on one of the trees. After many attempts, I was finally able to find a Munchlax, and successfully caught it.

Spoiler:

Grinded him to be on pair with my team and also decided to replace Houndoom with a Swablu I was using for flying for convenience. Acquired both Snorlax and Altaria and proceeded with the story.

Cleared the Galactic warehouse and battled Cyrus at the HQ. Was a simple fight, and so was Saturn soon after. I freed the Lake Guardians and taught the necessary HMs to my mons for the Mt. Coronet climb. I had the path memorized so it took me no time to get up there. The Multi Battle against Jupiter and Mars was a simple one, with Barry being more helpful than anticipated, and so I hopped into the Distortion World to find Cyrus.

We battled there, after a series of puzzles, which I was pretty underleveled for. I led with Snorlax to tank special hits from the Houndoom and took it out with two Body Slams. Gyarados was next and I let Snorlax faint to bring Jolteon out safely and fire off a Thunderbolt. Weavile came out after and KOed the Jolteon, but not before he was able to weaken it with a Double Kick. Scizor finished the Weavile off with Bullet Punch. He was also able to weaken the Honchkrow a little with Bullet Punch before a Heat Wave easily OHKOed it. Gyarados came out and beat both the Honchkrow and Crobat with Ice Fang.

After the battle, I went ahead and faced Giratina, which I had to KO.

Once back in the normal world, I backtracked to Mt. Coronet for two things. One was the TM for Dragon Claw which I planned on teaching Altaria and two, was Feebas.

I searched around the lake for a while until I finally found one Feebas tile in the fourth row. This one didn't take as long as Munchlax. Evolving it was also a bit annoying since I had to spend 50k on Poffins because honestly I couldn't be arsed to bake them myself, but not nearly as annoying as finding one. After that I just had to level it up once, which was pretty easy once I taught it Surf.

Spoiler:

Replaced Gyarados with the Milotic and proceeded to grind for the electric gym, since I was a bit underleveled and had no Ground-types on my team. I also taught Altaria Earthquake for a super effective answer.

The battle went fine. I led with Altaria expecting a Dragon Dance sweep but the Jolteon had Thunder Wave, forcing me to KO it as soon as possible and then switch out. I brought Snorlax out on the Luxray, but it froze me with an Ice Fang, making Snorlax almost useless in this battle. Milotic was able to take it out with Surf later though, and the same with the Raichu. Electivire was a physical mon though, meaning Milotic stood no chance against it. Altaria outsped it and finished the battle with Earthquake.

With eight badges acquired, the path to the League was unlocked. Victory Road was a breeze and I had a quick battle against Barry next to the entrance. After that, I stocked up with healing items and challenged the e4.

Aaron was a quick sweep with Jolteon, except for the Heracross, which I used Alakazam for. Bertha went down with a few Surfs from Milotic. I decided to mix it up with Flint and use more of my members, and it was a pretty close battle at the end. Lucian was just swept by Swords Dance Scizor.

Against Cynthia, I led with Scizor again to set up on the Spiritomb. It took it out with an Iron Head but she sent out Garchomp next, which had Flamethrower. I sacced off Scizor firing off a last Bullet Punch and brought out Milotic to finish it with an Ice Beam. She brought in Roserade and I switched to Altaria, set up a Dragon Dance, and took it out with Fly. Lucario was next, and an Earthquake barely didn't KO, making Altaria faint with a Stone Edge. She healed as I brought Alakazam to take it out with two Psychics. Milotic was next, and Alakazam did about half with Grass Knot, enough to make a Mirror Coat one-shot it. Brought in Snorlax to take it out with a few Body Slams while tanking her Surfs, and it was almost able to finish off Togekiss as well, but she barely could take Snorlax out with Aura Sphere. After that, I brought Jolteon in though, and finished the battle with a Thunderbolt.

Spoiler:

Team
    alakazam.png

Alakazam (Oz) | Quiet nature | Synchronize
    Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Grass Knot
    Lv. 57 @ Twisted Spoon

jolteon.png

Jolteon (Spike) | Naughty nature | Volt Absorb
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Hyper Beam, Thunder Wave
    Lv. 58 @ Magnet

scizor.png

Scizor (Wayfarer) | Gentle nature | Technician
    Moves: Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Iron Head, Swords Dance
    Lv. 58 @ Iron Plate

altaria.png

Altaria (Cirrus) | Adamant nature | Natural Cure
    Moves: Fly, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Dance
    Lv. 58 @ Dragon Fang

snorlax.png

Snorlax (Cosmo) | Hardy nature | Thick Fat
    Moves: Body Slam, Crunch, Brick Break, Rest
    Lv. 57 @ Leftovers

milotic.png

Milotic (Arianne) | Naive nature | Marvel Scale
    Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Toxic
    Lv. 59 @ Splash Plate

Current Bingo Sheet:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

154.png

Pokemon Silver Solo Run

So I'm going to try and get through the game with just a Meganium. Lets see how well this turns out, cause I think it will be a challenge. So I pick Chikorita as my starter and name him Oleander. Anyhow I quickly go grab the mystery egg, battle my Rival, and now decide to grind a little in Dark Cave to battle he Flying Gym Leader. Probably going to be level 16+ cause it would be easy to get up to that level. Along with I might battle Sprout Tower first if I feel like it/if the game makes me do so. Any Pokeballs and Revives I get I might just sell aside from catching the HM users that I'm going to need. I catch a Pidgey, Geodude, and Sentret so I have Fly, Surf, Strength, and Cut down. Now onto Sprout Tower cause Dark Cave wasn't giving me the exp needed. Along with just wanting to jump to the Gym Leader, but I'm probably underleveled. Plus never hurts and would get the TM Flash so that might be helpful later down the line. While I almost made my way to the head of the Sprout Tower I completely forgot about the types just being physical or special based off of types. Or I'm getting confused with that, but farily certain. Anyhow Sprout Tower was a clean sweep. I don't use the Escape Rope though cause I figured that I'd need it later down in the run opposed to having to go down 3 levels of Sprout Tower. I did run out of Tackles when facing the Elder's Hoothoot, but a lucky crit with Razor Leaf knocked it out. Now onto the Gym Leader. I think I'll battle the trainers first to get a bit more exp before I face Falkner. And as I entered the gym I sort of confused them for the remakes where battling the trainers was optional. Either way I was going to face them. While I was in Sprout Tower I did learn Poison Powder so I'll be sure to use that against Falkner's Pidgeotto along with setting up a Reflect on his Pidgey when it is one hit away so I don't take as much damage from Gust. Along with that I gave Oleander a Berry so once it gets low enough it can recover and then, if need be, heal it some more. And just like that I beat Falkner. He did put up a fight, but the strategy worked out well. Oleander also evolved so that's good! Now onto Bugsy!

Badges: 1/8

Oleander
    153.png

Moveset:
    -Tackle
    -Poison Powder
    -Razor Leaf
    -Reflect
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Level:
    Stats:
    HP:49
    Attack:27
    Defense:35
    Special Attack:29
    Special Defense:34
    Speed:30

Bingo Card
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Username:mynameisjames
    Bingo type:7x7
    Welcome to the forum, here you go:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

154.png

Pokemon Silver Solo Run

So starting off I leave the gym and expect to just head off to the next town, but nope. Professor Elm pretty much gave me the egg, which I didn't really want, and made it mandatory that I picked it up. I'm going to, cause I have to, and then immediately box it. Not going to be using it or really hatching it so no point in keeping it in the party. I then reach Azalea Town and go over to Slowpoke Well to deal with Team Rocket which should be a piece of cake. And they were. And I just realized this might be a short briefing since I didn't realize the next gym was in Azalea Town. I thought it was in the next town, but whatever. Now gym time! I'm going to battle every single one so that I can get a bit more exp along with seeing the range for Razor Leaf on the different Pokemon. And once done I might use the same strategy I used on Falkner. On Bugsy's Kakuna use Reflect and once I get to Scyther to use Poison Powder and hit with tackle since Razor Leaf won't do much unless each hit is a Critical Hit. So battle time. Metapod is a two hit with Razor Leaf, but I doubt the other two will be. Out comes Kakuna and it has Poison Sting. I'm hoping I don't get poisoned since I don't have anything to really combat that. And the turn I set up the Reflect I get poisoned. Great...Out comes Scyther so I use Poison Powder and he starts building Fury Cutters on me. So this might be my funeral. I do have an Antidote so I use it, but I don't think I'm going to survive the next few hits. And my Reflect fades and I do faint so reset. This time I just have to hope I don't get poisoned. And I don't get poisoned this time, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to take out the Kakuna with one more Tackle. I attacked it and it did go down so I had to set up a Reflect on Scyther and....another reset. So...the strategy I thought of was poison stall him. Just heal each turn as he hits me since it isn't doing as much due to Reflect being up. So I'm either hoping he misses or the poison takes him out. And it works! Scyther misses a Fury Cutter and I was able to take it out. Though I think there was a better way since I did have an X-Attack in my bag, but maybe I'll use that against Whitney.

Badges: 2/8

Oleander
    153.png

Moveset:
    -Tackle
    -Poison Powder
    -Razor Leaf
    -Reflect
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Level:
    Stats: